Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 22:54   #316
BHPian

Hi varun,
I will be travelling to the UAE next month for a period of 7 days along with 2 senior citizens. I have been informed that i require some sort of international health insurance for the senior citizens. Do you have any clue about that? If you do, how can i go about it?
Old 21st June 2015, 00:11   #317
BHPian

re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Oh oh! How I wish I could meet you and talk to you personally to clear all doubts in one shot!

1. Can I have Star Health Insurance with Super-top up of L&T? (or am I asking stupid question!?)

Now there's only 1 Hospital for L&T where I live (4 of Star's) and 3-4 in the nearest city.

Religare Care NCB for me is fixed! done!

2. Now regarding parents L&T or Star!? Since you brought up the super-top up option.

I so feel like a KG kid in a Ph.D class

On Monday I will get all this done. Darn it.
Hi Ravi,

Regret the delay, was caught up in some work.

1. Yes, you're free to buy any insurers base health cover and any other top up cover. It doesn't matter and neither do you've to declare anything to any of your insurers in terms of existing cover, if you do it's good but not necessary.

2. Parents - go for Star, as there is more hospital coverage and the plan is at par with Lnt. There's no added advantage in the Lnt basic health plan (medi sure classic).

Lnt, I was referring for the super to up option as Star has only a top up by the name of Star Surplus, if I'm not wrong.

Do let me know in case of any doubts. Regards,
Varun
Old 21st June 2015, 00:20   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Hello Varun, I am planning to buy a critical illness cover. Could you please suggest a good critical illness plan ? Thanks for your help.
Hi Sir,

Suggestion of any plan is dependent upon the kind of need that you've. In order to choose a critical illness plan, these are the most important factors -
1. Number of illness covered - usually insurers cover about 15-20 on an average, Apollo is covering 37. Some life insurance companies like PNB MetLife and Edelweiss Tokio have also entered the market and are covering 25-30 diseases.
2. Coverage amount - now coverage amount is dependent upon your annual income too. This is per Some mandate (read as cartel) where insurance companies give a particular multiplication factor cover of your annual income.
3. Type of plan - there is one plan which offers return of premium. But then it has a fixed term of renewal about 10 years. Other plans come with a lifetime renewal.

Since you're from Bengaluru, I would personally like to recommend either a Bharti axa or a Cigna Ttk plan to you. Good cover amount for an individual is about 10 lacs ( assuming annual income is less than 10 lacs)

Do let me know in case of any further clarifications

Regards,

Varun
Old 21st June 2015, 00:25   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Hi varun,
I will be travelling to the UAE next month for a period of 7 days along with 2 senior citizens. I have been informed that i require some sort of international health insurance for the senior citizens. Do you have any clue about that? If you do, how can i go about it?
Hi Karan,

Thanks for your query. Yes, certainly I know about international health insurance aka Travel insurance or overseas medical policy. Why I know it, because I'm heading the business vertical for the same. It's my source of bread and butter.

As you specified there are going to be 2 senior citizens. If they're below 70 then you've a lot of options to choose from in terms of insurers. Roughly, 7-8 insurers would cover. Else, you'll have Tata and Religare to choose from.

Also, if they've any pre existing disease then the best option is to get a Religare cover of $50,000 for both senior citizens. And for you, also a cover of 50k is good.

The premium that you would be looking for yourself would be about 600 bucks. For the senior citizens about 1400 bucks per person.

You can pm me for further details, I can help arrange an online policy. (mods, kindly delete if you feel this as promotion)

Regards,
Varun
Old 21st June 2015, 17:52   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
Hi Ravi,

Regret the delay, was caught up in some work.

Do let me know in case of any doubts. Regards,
Varun
Hello Varun!

Thanks a lot for the help brother!
You don't need to regret at all bro! You have already helped me immensely by imparting your knowledge to me and I am really thankful to you for that!

Well, Max Bupa emailed me their Network Hospital list and 3 of them are in my city.

But going by some of the reviews online there were more people complaining about Max Bupa than Star HI.

So now finally I am going ahead with Star HI. and the condensed list is as follows.
1. Religare Care NCB for me.
2. Star HI for mom n dad (with L&T super top up)
3. Critical Illness cover for all three of us (from Bharti AXA I guess?)

Am I missing something? or this is it!

I wonder how confused I will be when buying myself a car!
Old 21st June 2015, 18:18   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Hello Varun!

Thanks a lot for the help brother!
You don't need to regret at all bro! You have already helped me immensely by imparting your knowledge to me and I am really thankful to you for that!

Well, Max Bupa emailed me their Network Hospital list and 3 of them are in my city.

But going by some of the reviews online there were more people complaining about Max Bupa than Star HI.

So now finally I am going ahead with Star HI. and the condensed list is as follows.
1. Religare Care NCB for me.
2. Star HI for mom n dad (with L&T super top up)
3. Critical Illness cover for all three of us (from Bharti AXA I guess?)

Am I missing something? or this is it!

I wonder how confused I will be when buying myself a car!
This is perfect. Just get a clarification though from Bhartiaxa whether they'll offer a critical illness cover to your parents. Rest all works perfectly.

Regards,
Varun
Old 21st June 2015, 18:40   #322
BHPian

Quote:
This is perfect. Just get a clarification though from Bhartiaxa whether they'll offer a critical illness cover to your parents. Rest all works perfectly.

Regards,
Varun
Sure, I will.
Thank you so much for all the help!
God Bless You!
Have a good day!
Old 21st June 2015, 19:03   #323
BANNED

Is there any health insurance which a 46 year old woman can buy - which will take care of only big ticket illnesses? i.e. the person would like to pay her own for anything which costs a few lakhs a year but would want insurance for anything more than that - upto 20 Lakhs.

No cough and cold and minor injury doctor visits or outpatient stuff needs to be covered. Only really big ticket items. Also there should as little restriction as possible on what big ticket items are covered. The woman doesn't have any other policy and doesn't want anything else. Doesn't have any major pre-existing problems.
Old 22nd June 2015, 13:45   #324
BHPian

Quote:
This is perfect.
Regards,
Varun
Hello Varun!

Well, the premium for my parents is turning out to be expensive at 27-30K! :(

For me it's ~6K and that is no problem.

What do I do?

My parents are saying that they don't require Health Insurance and only I should take it up.

Darn it.
Old 25th June 2015, 19:11   #325
BHPian

Hi Varun,

My parents are covered under CGHS, what is your advice about getting an additional policy or a topup policy?

Father is 65, had an angioplasty in 2005. Mother is 63. Both have moderate diabetes (on tablets).

Their primary location is Bhuj, Gujarat but nearest cities with good medical facilities would be Rajkot/Ahmedabad

let me know if any other information required.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 25th June 2015 at 19:20.
Old 8th July 2015, 11:58   #326
BHPian

Hi Varun,
I might be repeating questions posted before. Please bare with me.
First thing, my family details:
* I am 33 years old, Wife - 29 and daughter - 2 --> covered only by my office medical insurance
* Dad - 69, Mom - 64 --> they are covered by dad's company medical insurance (post retirement) of 4L cover and 20k reimbursements annually
* Sister, who is dependent on me - 42 --> No medical insurance yet

Queries:
1. I see that Star and Religare is recommended a lot. What kind of insurance should I buy for my family
2. I guess I will have to buy an "individual" insurance for my sister. May be I can buy the same product as above.
3. Should I buy one more insurance for parents? What kind of product should that be?

Please share you ideas. Meanwhile I will continue reading older posts.
Old 8th July 2015, 12:44   #327
BHPian

For a family of 3 shall I get individual policies or a family floater policy? Presently I've Mediclaim (National Insurance) for 4 lakh each for the last twelve years. There is no claim.

Which pvt company to go for (location: kolkata)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2015, 18:05   #328
BHPian

Hi, @haste
Hope you are doing good. I need your help with choosing a medical insurance policy for my parents - Dad 65+ and Mom 55+ both diabetics. I would like to go for a cover of at least 3 lacks to begin with which covers their diabetic medicines and checkups regular ones as well if possible.

It would be great if you could assist in choosing the right policy based on your experience.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:10   #329
BHPian

I am 44, wife 42, son 14. I have diabetes for the last 9 1/2 years and I was wondering if you know of any medical insurance that does not require a medical checkup.

I paid for 3 years of Religare Health Insurance which mentions "No Medical Checkup until Age 61", but then got called for a medical checkup based on the pre-existing disease (diabetes) I had mentioned in the proposal form.

I developed cold feet and have asked them for a refund. The reason is that apart from my blood sugar I am not monitoring anything else and I am worried that I will be closing all the doors since most insurance companies ask whether one has been rejected earlier.

Look forward to your reply.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 12th July 2015 at 21:35.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:54   #330
BHPian

Has anybody had any experience with United India Super TopUp plan. My Father had been to UI office to take Super TopUp plan. The experience was pathetic.

Day1: Friday
My father went to their office and asked the Enquiry counter about the Super TopUp plan.
The lady didn't have any idea about that and directed him to another officer Lady.
When he asked that lady, She said super top-up will be given only if you have UI health insurance. He said he currently have Star Health insurance and she said, sorry they cant provide Super Topup. He calls me to recheck that and I confirm it is possible to take Super Topup with any third party insurance.
He again asks the officer lady and said it is mentioned in their website. Now she says you have to talk to the DM and that person is on leave. Requests to come back on Monday.

Day 2: Monday
DM is in office. Again another Lady. Asks about Super TopUp and she says
Quote: "Technically it is possible to take Super TopUp. But your primary insurance being Star Health, it will be very difficult to get the claims settled under Super TopUp. We will need all the original bills to settle the Super TopUp claims and you will also have to submit original bills to Star Health too. Hospital will provide only one set of original bills and Star Health will not give their set of original bills to UI. Because of this your claim will not be processed by UI. We have faced this issue with many customers and that is why we are not recommending our Super TopUp for people with private Health Insurances. "

The lady DM was able to convince my father in a very polite way to walk away from them.

I verified their policy wording online and this what is mentioned there.

Quote:
In the case of a covered hospitalisation, the costs of which were not initially estimated to exceed the Threshold Level but were subsequently found likely to exceed the Threshold Level, the intimation to the named TPA should be submitted along with a copy of intimation made to the Primary Health Policy TPA/Reimbursement Provider immediately on knowing that the Threshold Level is likely to be exceeded.

The payment will be made either to Hospital/Nursing Home in case of Cashless treatment and to the Proposer/insured person in other cases. The TPA of the regular Health Insurance Policy/Reimbursement Provider will first process the claims and the TPA for this policy will make the balance payments either to the Hospital in the case of cashless settlement or to insured in case of reimbursement.

The insured has to submit the details of settlement made by the TPA of regular Health
Insurance Policy in the case of cashless settlement. In the case of reimbursement, the above details along with photo-copies of bills attested by Primary TPA/Reimbursement Provider are to be submitted to TPA of Super Top Up Medicare Policy.
Now the question is, Even before taking the insurance, the officers are giving excuses and making us run around; What would it be during actual claim? Now I am more inclined to go with Star SuperSurplus which is just a normal TopUp plan and not a Super TopUp like UI.

Last edited by Holyghost : 16th December 2015 at 13:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks