Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2017, 14:00   #376
BHPian

Re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Hi Folks, recently my sisters’ family floater has been expired as they forgot to renew. Now Insurance company is asking them to go for a fresh one along with a medical checkup as my bro in law is 50+ Is this the case if a policy is expires?
Old 30th November 2017, 08:13   #377
Senior - BHPian

Got a rude shock from my Health Insurer when I received the renewal notice. The annual premium has been bumped up by almost 10K. When I contacted the customer care, I was told the rise was because of medical inflation and GST. I had ported my insurance last year itself and its not even an year with the existing Insurer and I see a huge hike in premium price despite assurances while buying last year that the prices will be fixed for atleast 3 years.

The existing Insurer is Max Bupa. Does anyone here faced this issue?
Old 30th November 2017, 08:24   #378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
GST did bring about a significant increase in health insurance premiums, but that alone cannot be 10K. It would be 2-3K, I think. That aside, all premium increases have to be approved by IRDA. They approve hikes in all premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Hi Folks, recently my sisters’ family floater has been expired as they forgot to renew. Now Insurance company is asking them to go for a fresh one along with a medical checkup as my bro in law is 50+ Is this the case if a policy is expires?
Yes. Otherwise, one may have stopped renewing because they felt they didn't need the insurance, but then got some illness & are now renewing it.

Last edited by carboy : 30th November 2017 at 08:26.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:55   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Got a rude shock from my Health Insurer when I received the renewal notice.

If you have crossed certain age limits its possible. Usually the hike happens at turn of half/one decade(eg:31,36,41,46 years of age)
Old 6th December 2017, 13:09   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Hi team,
A quick question. Religare offers premium payment term of 3 years, at 10% discount. Is there any other benefit other than the discount? What if I want to port it to another insurer after a year or two?
Don't go for it . Its just a trap. You would even loose the Income tax exemption if your yearly premium already reaching the limit. No other benefit.
Old 6th December 2017, 13:33   #381
BHPian

Gurus,
I am looking for a top up insurance for my Sr. Citizen parents( Father is 68 years and Mother is 64 years old).
Star is covering the existing illness after 12 months, which is the earliest compared to others( IMHO).
Pls suggest your experiences with Star in terms of reliability / processing time/ coverage/ reach.
I am open for any other company references as well.

Existing is with New India Assurance with Vidal as TPA.

Thanks in advance.

Maverick79
Old 8th December 2017, 18:55   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
GST did bring about a significant increase in health insurance premiums, but that alone cannot be 10K. It would be 2-3K, I think. That aside, all premium increases have to be approved by IRDA. They approve hikes in all premiums.
I checked for the IRDA directive about any hike in the health insurance premiums and there has been none. Dropped a mail to MaxBupa enquiring about hike in premium and there has been no response. The Sa from whom I got the insurance done last year shrugged off regarding the hike and even suggested me to port the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
If you have crossed certain age limits its possible. Usually the hike happens at turn of half/one decade(eg:31,36,41,46 years of age)
I was already in the age slab last a couple of years when I paid for the age bracket change. Also only a few health insures have this bracket scam, not all.

So after doing some googling, the health insurance which closely matches my existing coverage is Royal Sundaram Lifeline Premium plan. Anyone have health insurance from RS, need some feedback regarding the claim settlement (if any). I am sceptic about going ahead with RS as this insurance co is jinxed for me. I had RS car insurance once for every car I had with me (Santro, Fiesta, Punto) and whenever I bought RS motor insurance, the car met with an accident.

Any suggestions regarding RS health insurance is more than welcome. Need to decide in next 5 days (as I have to provide the insurance receipt for tax saving proofs at co).
Old 24th December 2017, 22:08   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Don't go for it . Its just a trap. You would even loose the Income tax exemption if your yearly premium already reaching the limit. No other benefit.
Hi there, thanks for the response. I finally bought religare plan for one year.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:36   #384
BHPian

Dear Friends,
Need help in getting health insurance for my family. I am around 39 Years Young, married, have two kids and have parents.
Though I have health insurance for all six members from my company but I am planning to get it separately.

Please suggest good health insurance provider.

Thanks,
Manish
Old 3rd January 2018, 00:34   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Though I have health insurance for all six members from my company but I am planning to get it separately.
I started a family cover, personally just two months back. I took Apollo Munich as it is tied up with Apollo hospitals and was recommended by my personal banker at Axis Bank. I have my office provided insurance along with a top up plan but realized my family would be out of cover if something were to happen to me. So I took one just for my wife and two kids. They can continue that after me too. The bank recommended plan has some extra cover when compared to the same open to public policy. You can explore through your bank as well. Good luck.
Old 18th January 2018, 12:13   #386
BHPian

Hello everyone.
Seeking advise on which health insurance should i buy? Am a complete novice in this and everytime i open health insurance website i get confused all the more further delaying my purchase, so am looking for someone to offer me some genuine advice.

Some information, am 36 years old based in goa and want to buy health insurance for myself, if my family which includes my sister and mom(60yrs) can be included then great or else i am ok with a plan for myself.Need something that would have no hidden clauses and crap, i would prefer a waiting period as low as possible,2yrs i believe is the lowest and am ok with that,if anything lower then its most welcome. Looking for insurance value between 15-to 25lakhs as i believe medical cost will increase significantly in coming years.I have no pre existing issues. Had a hernia surgery in 2007(does it matter) and a complete acl tear in 2012 which at some point i hope to restore and would like this policy to help if possible.

Please do suggest,
thanking in advance.
Old 18th January 2018, 13:09   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hello everyone.
Seeking advise on which health insurance should i buy? Am a complete novice in this and everytime i open health insurance website i get confused all the more further delaying my purchase, so am looking for someone to offer me some genuine advice.
Please do suggest,
thanking in advance.
1.Can't include sister in the family floater if age is above 18(if age<18 then possible with mother as the primary insured).
2.Advisable to get separate insurance for each of you separately.
3.If you have Public sector bank account then check with them if they have any group insurance. Eg: Syndarogya from syndicate bank(I have personal experience, its a good policy)
4.For you mother go for individual policy like Star senior citizen. These tailored policies for senior citizens has better orientation.
5.Use coverfox to compare policies - shortlist and back to the thread.
Old 29th January 2018, 10:38   #388
BHPian

Hi folks, need some advice.

I have been using using a Max Bupa Silver health insurance since many years. This years premium for a 3 lac policy is 7600/-

However, Star Health Insurance has pitched me a port plan in which i would get a 5 lac policy for 6300/- with all continuity benefits. As for disease lists, etc, more or less same. Do you recommend that i stick to the old one or port to this one?

Cheers.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:45   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
However, Star Health Insurance has pitched me a port plan in which i would get a 5 lac policy for 6300/- with all continuity benefits. As for disease lists, etc, more or less same. Do you recommend that i stick to the old one or port to this one?
If you are getting a higher coverage for a lesser premium, then you should port. Few things to be considered:
1) List of hospitals nearby your vicinity or in your city.
2) Whether the NCB earned with Max Bupa is carried forward?
3) If you are using Max Bupa for more than 3 yrs, then you are eligible for no waiting period for certain treatments, whether these would be the same with Star Health.

Please remember Claim settlement ratio of Max Bupa (86%) is better than Star Health (76%). This is based on the IRDA released figures for 2015-16.
Old 29th January 2018, 12:50   #390
BHPian

Quote:
If you are getting a higher coverage for a lesser premium, then you should port. Few things to be considered:
1) List of hospitals nearby your vicinity or in your city.
2) Whether the NCB earned with Max Bupa is carried forward?
3) If you are using Max Bupa for more than 3 yrs, then you are eligible for no waiting period for certain treatments, whether these would be the same with Star Health.

Please remember Claim settlement ratio of Max Bupa (86%) is better than Star Health (76%). This is based on the IRDA released figures for 2015-16.
Thanks for the reply. Strangely both Max Bupa and Star communicated 92% and 93% settlement ratio over phone. Also, IRDA rules say that portability can happen only of the we put out a claim request 45 days before renewal.

My renewal is due next week. How can Star Health then make this happen? They want voice recording from me saying i want to port from Max. Is it possible that this is a scam and they will give me a fresh policy instead of one with all existing benefits and then shrug? Because IRDA also says that there is no commission for ports. Why is that lady following up then? Thanks.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks