Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 13:02   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
My renewal is due next week. How can Star Health then make this happen? They want voice recording from me saying i want to port from Max. Is it possible that this is a scam and they will give me a fresh policy instead of one with all existing benefits and then shrug? Because IRDA also says that there is no commission for ports. Why is that lady following up then? Thanks.
Porting can happen within a week. All the new Insurance co needs is old Insurance policy, some verification documents such as Aadhar card, PAN card etc. All you would need to do is write a mail to Star health requesting for porting along with the documents. They would revert back with the payment link, you pay and the original policy will be mailed to you. All this will happen after the premium is agreed, get that agreement mail.

The main reason for the vigorous follow up is that everyone in the Insurance co has year end/month end targets. if you feel something is amiss, take your time, read the policy documents and make sure the policy suits your needs.
Old 29th January 2018, 13:21   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Strangely both Max Bupa and Star communicated 92% and 93% settlement ratio over phone. Also, IRDA rules say that portability can happen only of the we put out a claim request 45 days before renewal.

My renewal is due next week. How can Star Health then make this happen? They want voice recording from me saying i want to port from Max. Is it possible that this is a scam and they will give me a fresh policy instead of one with all existing benefits and then shrug? Because IRDA also says that there is no commission for ports. Why is that lady following up then? Thanks.

Cheers.
1.Make sure there is continuity of coverage(waiting period for illness is same as that of original policy)
2.Room rent limit is better or same as the old policy.
3.Tell them to send a link at the earliest(atleast a day before the actual date).So that in case the porting does not happen you can renew the old policy.
4.Do it only online and communicate through mail.
5.Star health is little more stringent on claims but IMHO they are as reasonable as any other companies, as far as the profile and claim are genuine.
6.OT - Your coverage is too less if there is a room rent limit. If no limit then it should be fine for an young individual.
Old 29th January 2018, 14:11   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Porting can happen within a week. All the new Insurance co needs is old Insurance policy, some verification documents such as Aadhar card, PAN card etc. All you would need to do is write a mail to Star health requesting for porting along with the documents. They would revert back with the payment link, you pay and the original policy will be mailed to you. All this will happen after the premium is agreed, get that agreement mail.

The main reason for the vigorous follow up is that everyone in the Insurance co has year end/month end targets. if you feel something is amiss, take your time, read the policy documents and make sure the policy suits your needs.
I see. Thanks. That makes sense. Will in details and makes a decision. Just one funny thing happened. They said i could made premium payment using credit card wherein the payment would be done by bank at back-end. But for that they require card number AND... expiry date! Alarms went off in my head and i told them that wasn't going to happen. They immediately told me that they will send me a link and then i can use it to go to the payment gateway and pay however i wish. Have yo ever heard of this type of credit card payment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
6.OT - Your coverage is too less if there is a room rent limit. If no limit then it should be fine for an young individual.
Thanks for the points. There is a limit but for single room, for shared, no limit.
Old 29th January 2018, 14:22   #394
BHPian

Quote:
payment using credit card wherein the payment would be done by bank at back-end. But for that they require card number AND... expiry date! Alarms went off in my head and i told them that wasn't going to happen. Have yo ever heard of this type of credit card payment?
Most of the card payment in the yesteryears has been like this only. Even now most of the Europe and North America, they do the payment like this only. They usually direct you to a tele link where you have to punch in the details and you will be charged on your card. But in current era with good internet penetration better to avoid such things, which may lead to misuse.
Old 29th January 2018, 17:34   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Most of the card payment in the yesteryears has been like this only. Even now most of the Europe and North America, they do the payment like this only. They usually direct you to a tele link where you have to punch in the details and you will be charged on your card. But in current era with good internet penetration better to avoid such things, which may lead to misuse.
Thanks, after careful comparing, have decided to port. Only issue now is getting it in writing. Their sales and porting team want me to make payment (this time through link) but am still not biting till i get a mail from their side on porting and all the continuity benefits ill be getting. I don't want to pay and then be told that i will get a fresh policy since porting did not work out. Not and expert in such stuff, hence the paranoia .

Cheers.
Old 29th January 2018, 18:22   #396
BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to pay and then be told that i will get a fresh policy since porting did not work out.
This is a very likely scenario and porting is risky. Even if they give you an email, later they can claim they made a mistake. I suggest you take a fresh additional policy if feasible and continue this for the minimum duration.
Old 29th January 2018, 19:31   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to pay and then be told that i will get a fresh policy since porting did not work out.
That would not be the case IMHO. Star health is a reputed stand alone medical insurance co. Surely they would not want bad reputation. Even if they still manage to do that i.e dont port the health insurance and give a fresh policy, you still have a look in period of 30 days I guess. You could cancel the insurance. Yes you will lose some amount in the process instead of complete premium.

Hence before you port, do ensure that all agreed is in writing.
Old 3rd February 2018, 22:19   #398

hello friends,

insurance broker is hard selling me to take Jeevan arogya plan. he told me that i can get paid by LIC, just by submitting the copy of the discharge document.

In another words he said i can claim for the hospitalisation cost from both LIC and my the primary insurance company. I wasnt sure if he is talking the truth. has any one heard about this plan or taken this policy?

appreciate your valuable inputs...

thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 11:59   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi.N View Post
hello friends,

insurance broker is hard selling me to take Jeevan arogya plan. he told me that i can get paid by LIC, just by submitting the copy of the discharge document.

In another words he said i can claim for the hospitalisation cost from both LIC and my the primary insurance company. I wasnt sure if he is talking the truth. has any one heard about this plan or taken this policy?

appreciate your valuable inputs...

thanks
It is not a classic health insurance. It would not reimburse the entire bill. It is Hospitalisation daily benefit scheme wherein you would be paid a fixed benefit eg.,2-3k (per day of hospitalisation). These are classically designed to reimburse the loss of wage days not an health insurance. If possible please mention the quoted premium.
Old 6th February 2018, 13:42   #400
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know how to escalation email address or contact details of star health insurance?

How is star health insurance, any reliable reviews?
Old 17th February 2018, 14:36   #401
BHPian

Do i renew my health insurance or buy a new one?

My health insurance is coming up for renewal next month. The current policy is from Religare "Care" Floater Plan covering my wife and i for Rs 20 lacs and i paid Rs 104909/- premium (inclusive of ST) for 3 years coverage since the agent advised that the premium would increase post 60 years. I was 59 then.

I would appreciate advise on the following:
  1. Do i stick with Religare or change? (Depending upon quality of service only)
  2. Do i increase the sum assured? ( We don't suffer from any life threatening diseases (yet!) but would like to feel assured and would like to receive premium care)
  3. Do i pay for 3 years (if offered?)
  4. The existing policy was bought through an agent. Do i continue with him or go direct? No claims at all have been done and hence efficiency and dependibility of the existing agent has not been tested.

Any other advise would also be welcome.
Recently i hurt my ankle pretty badly and had to undergo a series of tests including MRI and such. Are these claimable?
Old 17th February 2018, 21:44   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
[*]Do i increase the sum assured?[*]Do i pay for 3 years (if offered?)[*]The existing policy was bought through an agent. Do i continue with him or go direct?
Recently i hurt my ankle pretty badly and had to undergo a series of tests including MRI and such. Are these claimable?
You should increase the sum if possible. Do pay for 3 years or more and you can continue direct. I do not think the agent will be able to do anything for you when you have to claim. Your MRI and such was claimable.
FYI, I took an annual policy for my wife and kids over my corporate cover that I have. At the moment her total cover is about 52L, combined, while I am at 27L. The external policy I took was from Apollo Munich through Axis Bank and it had one or two extra benefits when compared to the general available features.
Old 17th February 2018, 23:19   #403
Senior - BHPian

My mother's age is wrong in the health insurance policy - United India Mediclaim, 2 years less than the actual age. She is 67 years old, but the policy document says 65. Will there be any issue in case of a claim?

The agent from whom I took the policy passed away and the current one is saying that it is difficult to make the change. I am still pestering him to get it done.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th February 2018 at 23:22.
Old 18th February 2018, 09:06   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Do pay for 3 years or more and you can continue direct. I do not think the agent will be able to do anything for you when you have to claim. Your MRI and such was claimable.
Is it possible to renew the policy on 'direct' now for 3 years, bypassing the agent? I ask this since the agent has pretty much given no service at all- not that i required it, but meeting and advising from time to time used to be the mantra of the 'old' agents.
The old bogey of loss of NCB v/s small claims would probably come in the way of claiming MRI and such.
Old 19th February 2018, 10:37   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Is it possible to renew the policy on 'direct' now for 3 years, bypassing the agent?.
Not sure if you can erase his name or prevent him from getting his commission without calling the company and asking them to remove his name. I got suckered into two LIC policies about 17-18 years back by a distant relative agent and to this day and for the next 7 years, he will continue to receive commission on the premium that I pay each year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks