Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 20:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Well in my opinion all the company have a different rating and different product to offer. If you are comparing only rates then let me tell you Icici and reliance are the two company which has the cheapest in rating. but at the same time there is a capping in reliance policy that insurance is covered till the age of 75 only!! - That's bad according to me.

Don't look only at the rates, look at the coverage part also. Lot of companies are offering lot of different product please see that also.
yes, this is what I meant when I asked for your advice, I'm not looking at rates, but need comprenensive cover with an insurance provider who is honest and genuine (If such a company exists). I was talking to someone who told me to go for United India's offering.... what do you think?

Again, a comprehensive cover is what I'm looking for - with a provider who is not a cheat and doesn't hide behind false excuses when the time comes to honour the claim.
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
United India's offering.... what do you think?
......when the time comes to honour the claim.
One thing to be very clear about govt companies.

These companies have "sub limits" for procedures.

Lets say you have 5 lakh coverage., You undergo a major surgery in Mumbai/Delhi. It would cost 3 - 4 lakh rupees.

But company might have a sub limit that would limit payout to 2 lakh for that procedure.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
yes, this is what I meant when I asked for your advice, I'm not looking at rates, but need comprenensive cover with an insurance provider who is honest and genuine (If such a company exists). I was talking to someone who told me to go for United India's offering.... what do you think?

Again, a comprehensive cover is what I'm looking for - with a provider who is not a cheat and doesn't hide behind false excuses when the time comes to honour the claim.
Under a goverment company service is a major concern when it comes to claim. I am not saying that they are not paying claims but they are too slow in the claim process.

Try Cholamandalam their policy is life long renewable. but they have little less no. of hospital in there list, if that is ok with you then the product is very good.

With Bajaj I have only one issue that they don't have a policy which is lifelong renewable. Product feathers are good.

Reliance again does not have a product which is lifelong renewable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
One thing to be very clear about govt companies.

These companies have "sub limits" for procedures.

Lets say you have 5 lakh coverage., You undergo a major surgery in Mumbai/Delhi. It would cost 3 - 4 lakh rupees.

But company might have a sub limit that would limit payout to 2 lakh for that procedure.
Sirji I think lot of companies have sub limits in the policy they are normally on the bed charges.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji I think lot of companies have sub limits in the policy they are normally on the bed charges.
At least ICICI Pru's policy that I have (through work) and Appollo DKV does not have Sub Limits.
Earlier, I had Mediclaim though National Insurance (family floater), and they refused to pay more than 40k for Grade 1 (minor) surgery. They have sub-limit of 40 k. Which is fine for small cities where such surgeries would cost 20 - 30k.

Such procedures cost ~1 lakh in most big hospitals in Mumbai.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At least ICICI Pru's policy that I have (through work) and Appollo DKV does not have Sub Limits.
Earlier, I had Mediclaim though National Insurance (family floater), and they refused to pay more than 40k for Grade 1 (minor) surgery. They have sub-limit of 40 k. Which is fine for small cities where such surgeries would cost 20 - 30k.

Such procedures cost ~1 lakh in most big hospitals in Mumbai.
It can not be Icici Pru - It should be Icici Lombard. Right?

All the Icici policy are having a sub limit in case of individual case. Your's is a group health insurance policy Right?
Old 9th April 2009, 11:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yaa its ICICI Lombard (Group policy through employer). Not sure about sub limits for policies bought individually.

Appllo DPV does not have Sub limits, I bought it myself.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaa its ICICI Lombard (Group policy through employer). Not sure about sub limits for policies bought individually.
Yep, Icici has sub limit's under it's policy.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
What product you have currently is a group health insurance. (From the employer)

Now what you are going for is a individual health policy. where in no pre-existing will be covered for first 3 to 5 year's and secondly no pregnancy or related dieses will be covered.
There is one policy from Iffco-Tokio which covers maternity expenses (to a cetain extent - Rs 25k - 50k) for individual policies. I will try and find more about that.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
There is one policy from Iffco-Tokio which covers maternity expenses (to a cetain extent - Rs 25k - 50k) for individual policies. I will try and find more about that.
Were you able to find any info on the policy. I'm looking for exactly this kind of policy.
Old 11th June 2009, 09:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Bumping the thread..

So team, it's time to renew the Medi-Claim insurance. Somehow I am not convinced to go with Reliance this time. So which should I look at ??

My requirement will be a simple cover which should not be bounded by amount of bedding or type of ambulance or uppper limit for a surgery I can opt i.e. without any "condition apply" thingy . I want a straight and honest Medi-claim.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:11   #41
BHPian

Any reason why you are not renewing with Reliance? Bad experience?
Old 11th June 2009, 12:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly the bad experience, but haven't heard a single word of appreciation from anyone regarding their claim settlement. Only good thing about reliance is low premium, according to people discussed with.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

LIC has also come up with a Health insurance policy that covers your doctors visit too (as advt.)

Any insight into this ??

http://www.licindia.com/images/health_plus_brochure.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Not exactly the bad experience, but haven't heard a single word of appreciation from anyone regarding their claim settlement. Only good thing about reliance is low premium, according to people discussed with.
Whats the point of low premum if they create roadblocks for your claims ??

Last edited by dadu : 11th June 2009 at 12:19.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Whats the point of low premum if they create roadblocks for your claims ??

That's my point is, why waste money when you need to fight for taking up it's benefit. Moreover one is actually in weakest state of mind when a nearer or policy taker is hospitalized, One should be atleast stress free from medicals bills side.
Old 11th June 2009, 14:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
LIC has also come up with a Health insurance policy that covers your doctors visit too (as advt.)
From LIC's site, it does not seem to cover non-hospitalization expenses. So not sure how it would cover visits?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks