Team-BHP - Health insurance queries? Ask me!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Health insurance queries? Ask me! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55989-health-insurance-queries-ask-me-61.html)

My health insurance expired on 10 May. I paid a premium of Rs.35000 for the Yuva India policy by New India Assurance Company. This policy covered myself and my spouse. Kindly suggest any alternatives that are worth exploring. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

My parents had a Health Insurance through Indian Bank (in collaboration with United India Insurance Company for previous 6-7 yrs.

However, the bank changed its tie up to Niva Bupa.

I forgot to renew the policy due to some personal issue, entirely my fault.

Now the insurance is overdue by 48 days. The bank people says that even 30 days grace period has lapsed, so there is no way we can continue the health policy and its continuity benefit.

Is there any forum/platform (like IRDAI? Or Niva Bupa ombudsman?) where I can put an application for condonation of delay and can secure the continuity benefits. We have not taken any claims in the past 6 yrs and renewing it timely for all these years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushagra452 (Post 5772721)
My health insurance expired on 10 May. I paid a premium of Rs.35000 for the Yuva India policy by New India Assurance Company. This policy covered myself and my spouse. Kindly suggest any alternatives that are worth exploring. Thank you.

My suggestion out of my personal experience with United India and my friends experience with New India , if you have opportunity to move out of these PSU’s please go for private. My experience with Bajaj has been extremely good for similar claims vis a vis these companies. Unnecessary paper work and details asked by these companies made our life hell. It took them almost 3 months to SAY NO to my claim and later I managed to get 70% . This was only possible after I changed my agent who was not able to deal with them. Against which Bajaj processes all my claim just on the basis of my Prescription/ Bills and copies of reports. I usually get my credit in my account within 7/10 days of submission. That to 100%. No stupid questions or clarification asked.

My HDFC Ergo policy expires this month. It is a very old plan with low coverage of merely 3.2 lakhs. I am planning to stick to HDFC Ergo but switch to their more recent Optima Secure plan. As the change request takes a very long time, I have made my mind to let go of the cumulative bonus (and waiting benefits) and get a fresh policy.

The customer care executive first said that the current policy will automatically expire on non-payment of premium, post which I can purchase a new policy. This was a few weeks back.

When I called up for confirmation today, another executive told me that the existing policy needs to be cancelled by initiating a request from the website help section. Then the team will cancel this policy and issue an acknowledgement letter. Without this letter, I might face troubles with the new policy in the event of a claim. Since I don't have eKYC on my current policy, I have been told to do that as well before my cancellation request can be processed.

Can someone guide what is the correct process? Ideally when a policy is not renewal on the due date, it should expire automatically. The 2nd interaction with customer care today has left me confused and worried.

*Not associated with any insurance company or affiliated; Following is purely based on my own experience*

I have the same plan, with higher coverage. I resolved my health insurance queries with Ditto when I was looking to purchase a personal health policy last year. I don’t know much about their revenue stream etc; but their experts were quite helpful in resolving my queries, and it checked out with the what all I could gather in pieces prior to discussing with them.

You can consider a consultation with Ditto and they can suggest something here.