Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 08:40   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How did they do in terms of claim settlement? Was that process smooth?
Well, till now no claims but the good thing about the Insurance co is that don't have an external TPA, the TPA is inhouse of Apollo Munich only. So I believe the settlement of claims should be faster and smoother.
Old 17th March 2011, 11:22   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you opted for critical illness cover too? if so for what SA? Please let us know.
Hey Ghodlur,
I didn't opt for critical illness cover, because it was not available online. For critical illness, we need to call their customer care or meet their representative, therefore I gave it a miss this time. May be next year when they would call for renewal(i am hoping), then probably I would enquire about it and get it done.
Did you by any chance enquired about it. How much did they quote ?
Old 1st April 2011, 14:51   #183

Quote:
@Perfhuman,

I have indeed taken the Medical Insurance from Apollo Munich - Family floater Easy Health exclusive plan. The premium for SA of 3L costed 8.18K. The best part is I can go for a critical illness cover next year without any medicals.

The Insurance co has tie ups with major hospitals in Thane. The experience has been pretty good. Had taken the insurance through Apollo Munich Thane branch, the Marketing Manager himself collected the application forms and other formalities.
Thanks for the info ghodlur. I did not get what you meant by "The best part is I can go for a critical illness cover next year without any medicals"

Quote:
Well, till now no claims but the good thing about the Insurance co is that don't have an external TPA, the TPA is inhouse of Apollo Munich only. So I believe the settlement of claims should be faster and smoother.
From their website, it looks like they have two TPAs. The Apollo inhouse has limited network of hospitals. The other TPA is Family health Plan Limited
Old 8th April 2011, 21:37   #184
BHPian

I too bought a Apollo Munich FF plan for my family of me, my wife and daughter.

Cover for 7.5 Lakhs at 18K.

Looks good till now and I hope I never have to use it

The sales manager turned out to be my bro-in-law's X-Colleague and that helped me a lot.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:06   #185
BHPian

I have shortlisted this policy from Tata-AIG.

Medical Insurance, Individual Accident and Sickness Hospital Cash – Tata AIG Insurance

Any comments people. The only fly in the ointment is the renewable age criteria. Any recommended policy with lifetime renewable benefit?

Regards;
-Rohit
Old 25th May 2011, 20:14   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfHuman View Post
Thanks for the info ghodlur. I did not get what you meant by "The best part is I can go for a critical illness cover next year without any medicals"

What I meant is that if I were to opt for the ciritical illness cover int he first year I would ahve to undergo the medical examination. But with family floater Easy health I could take an Insurance without any medical test but for the next year I could opt for an additional cover for critical illness without any tests.

From their website, it looks like they have two TPAs. The Apollo inhouse has limited network of hospitals. The other TPA is Family health Plan Limited

I dont think so they have two TPA's. What they have is settlement through their network hospitals and for outside network hospitals. There is only one help line though and I guess only one TPA. In fact its not a TPA at all, its inhouse claims settlement.

@PerfHuman, Sorry for the late reply.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:48   #187
BHPian

Family Health Insurance

Guys,

I am looking for some inputs regarding the company to choose for Family medical Insurance. Market is flooded with lot of insurance companies but I need something reliable and hassle free claims in case of emergency.

Please share your inputs regarding the company, policy type to be chosen.

PS: Got to know from few of my colleagues that Star health is the best in market.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:07   #188
BHPian

Re: Family Health Insurance

I too wish to have some info on the Mediclaim or Family Health Plan as I need to finalize a Hasslefree Cashless Mediclaim Policy for my Mom. Inputs would be highly appreciated.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:37   #189
Senior - BHPian

Re: Family Health Insurance

Guys, there is a very detailed health insurance thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ask-me-13.html

Hope that helps !
Old 30th September 2011, 16:05   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, till now no claims but the good thing about the Insurance co is that don't have an external TPA.....
Good to know you are also with Apollo, I had taken their Easy Health Family floater 2 weeks back and I believe yours is the 'exclusive' plan. We had HDFC Ergo for the last 2 years as family floater and critical illness as two different policies. Never claimed even once and opted Apollo this time with a lower total quote. No idea if it was a wrong move.

One mistake from my side was not taking it within the grace period of the previous one (just 7 days lapse). Apollo had a 'shifting' option from other brands which would have made me excluded from the 2 year waiting period health cases.

I got my documents and member cards from Apollo after 14 days waiting. They could not have printed it smaller than this. Reading the entire 12 pages, my eye power got affected and they dont cover it anyway

Although I emailed them for a list of what is actually covered other than breaking my head to understand from the document (which is not clear anyway), I did not get a proper reply than 'refer to the document'.

Now how to find whats actually covered ? Do you have any idea ? I think your 'exclusive' plan only covers maternity and new born extra from the 'Easy health' if my understanding is correct.

All the common health issues are under excluded list ie: Fever, cold, flu, hernia, heart issues, kydney issues, dental, eye etc. I dont know why they are not able to list some cases that are actually covered. Probably I am not literate enough to understand or company is taking us all for a royal ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Guys, there is a very detailed health insurance thread here.....
Oh that was posted in a new thread as a pointer to this one. It was good if mods could delete it

Last edited by shajufx : 30th September 2011 at 16:07.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:24   #191
BHPian

I am looking for buying a health insurance including my parents. I have a company insurance which also covers my parents, but thought it is better to have one on my own for any additional coverage. I was told there are Oriental, United & new India are a better bet that any pvt providers. Any suggestion which one & how to go about?
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:00   #192
BHPian

Could someone please point me to a national insurance agent in Bangalore East (Banaswadi, KRPuram, etc)? am looking at taking medical insurance for my family.

Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:44   #193
BHPian

FYI...
My friend has a Apollo Munich insurance, he paid around 28K for his whole family. Its little funny to see that the Maternity are paid only 25K and that to of waiting period of 4. That means you need to wait for 4 yrs to get the money, don't know what will be the value of the 25K that time. So if you are expecting a Kid please stay away.
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 05:08   #194
BHPian

A waiting period of 4 years means you get no benefit in the first four years of your policy. Only from the 5th year onwards can you claim benefit (upto 25k) towards maternity expenses.
Old 4th February 2012, 09:04   #195
BHPian

Hi All

Have been following this thread with interest - I think that I need to share some inputs and clarify some:

Health Insurance has been now privatized and the GIC(Govt) has four insurance companies subsidiaries and although they offer competitive pricing they are not very customer friendly when it comes to claims processing.

We take Health Insurance not for tax benefits but for covering the eventuality of sickness which requires hospitalization.

Health Insurance covers a hospitalization of 24 hours or more and dental is excluded.

Pre existing diseases are also excluded in the first 3/4 years - depending on the insurer you are with.

The policy gets fully loaded and covers all pre existing diseases from the 3/4 years - again depending on the Insurance company opted for.

There are 3 sets of options available:

1. Govt. companies - not the first choice for reasons mentioned above
2. Indian Companies - Bajaj and Reliance have a poor culture
3. Stand alone Health Insurance companies - Star and Apollo - they are critically evaluated by a team of doctors for they are in the business of only health insurance - they also have better product offerings from day 1 and are the preferred options for those not wanting to indulge in fraud claims
4. Japanese Insurance companies like IFFCO - Tokio, Sompo General Insurance and Cholamandalam Mitsui - this group of companies are the preferred option for they meet they always pay up promptly both in cashless and reimbursement claims. The disadvantage being that sometimes they may charge marginally higher premiums as compared to others

Cheers

DRIVEPASSION is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks