Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:48   #46
BHPian

hi travel writer, its an excellent write up no doubt, but if you happen to work late nights then i suggest you to sleep in office and not even think of going back home. Practically speaking.

take care, paddy.
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

What made me believe in your thread starting post is that you have posted in technical section that your car jerks, and in response to that I predicted that you short shift.
I could see that you are not well used to get the car rolling fast. But I request all not to put up these kind of experiences.

@mods : Change the topic to AprilFool Prank. We have a lot of visitors who wont care to read the entire thread and get negative conclusions on many things.
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:32   #48
BHPian

Good joke. I was completely fooled.

But such a situation is possible. I have suffered a car breakdown with my mobile battery dead as I did not notice the low charge before leaving office. Thankfully there was just enough battery power to make a call to the service center for a Tow Truck.
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:49   #49
BHPian

It was just a prank

People,

My story was completely fictitious and any resemblence to any person living or dead and to any incident that might have actually happened is purely unintentional.

Lohithrao, Spitfire and others, please forgive me for the displeasure I caused. Please treat this as a joke, albeit ill-timed and ill-mannered, and let it pass.

To All,
All stories that are fictional, do stem from some real life incident. While the entire story I wrote was a big lie, the gun incident actually came from real life. I have faced this some 10 years back. My friend and I got into a drunken arguement with a couple of men way past midnight and those guys pulled out their pistols. They let us go only because we were lads immature and drunk. I am narrating this just to show that I am not all that insensitive.

I have decided to let such incidents pass without forgetting how one can get into a sticky situations without the slightest thought.

Apologies once again and also many thanks to people who liked what I wrote.

And, finally, in real life I steer away clear of unfamiliar territories (literally and virtually speaking). I prefer being safe to being sorry
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Good story! Made a lot of people believe it and raise genuine concern
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Lol well dude you got me. Scary story there
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Travelwriter, no issues man but must say the way you narrated made it sound real...esp the car stopping and you not able to start it heheh
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:55   #53
BHPian

Remembering Adhip!

Travelwriter,
I won't comment on the "taste" of your story, others have already done it. Just that, it brought back some sad memories to me from 2006! I just hope this never actually happens to anyone as the consequences could be far-reaching than that you explained in the end of your fiction!

Unfortunately, I know a similar real incident which spoilt the lives of several families! This happened to a friend of mine in Bangalore during Dec 2006, his name was Adhip Lahiri. He was 32 years, when he was mugged while returning from office one night and got killed in the process. His parents are in shambles now, his wife left the country unable to bear the pain and his relatives still cry in despair! Find the link below to read the actual incident:
Bengalooru | Bangalore: Techie Adhip Lahiri’s murder cracked; 2 held

Some fictions are too hard to handle!
BR,
Nandi
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

travelwriter, you should start writing more about your real travels too sometime.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
This thread is in very bad taste sir. Such incidents are known to happen - I hope you don't find yourself in something similar one day.
I totally endorse Hrag's view. This was very cheap travelwriter.
Moreover you live in Delhi where you have high chance of getting into such trouble.

Abhi
Old 4th April 2009, 12:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Good that the title has been changed. So, now no one can say that they were fooled. Phew!

But hey TravelWriter - what is noted here is your ability to write good stories! A talent there!
Old 4th April 2009, 12:11   #57
BHPian

Personally i feel such things should not happen at t-bhp. April fool is all fine but not to this extent.it was not at all a joke!
Old 4th April 2009, 12:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

good story, but be careful when you call wolf. people might not be around to help the next time
Old 4th April 2009, 13:34   #59
BHPian

Travelwriter,

You could be the next "Arvind Adiga" in making,
Great story on Delhi Roads after "White Tiger".
Keep it up.

Cheers

Last edited by Captdey : 4th April 2009 at 13:38.
Old 29th August 2009, 20:38   #60
BHPian

Ha ha ! When I read the title now, I thought the horrifying experience was setup by your friends to make april fool out of you, only when the things experienced were too serious, did I realise that the whole post was a prank!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks