Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 15:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

I have often wondered how the great chefs of the world, ie, Gordon Ramsey and other 5* michelin chefs are mostly male of the species. I have to say it is one of the unsolved mysteries of the century, er...ever.

Maybe we can draw a parallel to women race car drivers.

Anyway, Msharma_79, that was such a brave effort...that too while in your senses! Similarly, on many an occassion I have treated my friends and family to minor disasters that I might have had in the kitchen while remaining in total control of my senses!! Believe me when I say this, but the food tends to taste even better the next day...

Note: this post is made with utter respect to women drivers and male cooks. So keep those torpedoes at home.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday for lunch I reached into my fridge to make myself a sandwich and saw the eggs just lying there and so I decided to make an omlette. Like I mentioned before Iv made a lot of omlettes before and they turn out quite nice. Anyways yesterdays omlette wasnt tht good

Till here everything looks good. Im making an omlette with 3 eggs, Mushrooms,Tomatoes, Onions,Chicken Bologna and Mozarella Cheese.

Didnt taste too bad although if it were formed properly, it might have been a little better. Anyways I knew what I was doing so no worries. I didnt user oil/butter on the pan before making this.

btw this is what happened to the pan.

Old 14th September 2007, 21:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

My brother ( and my wife too,most often) keeps saying that if something doesn't look good,it can't taste good. Especially with respect to an omelette/fritatta. If the ingredients are in the right proportion,it can be made into scrambled eggs,and still taste ok.

V-16..i totally agree with the useage of Chivas...hardcore fan of it!
Old 14th September 2007, 22:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
well i never cooked in my entire life and never thought of it before, i tried my hands on cooking only after reading this thread.
Thanks very much for that enlightening post, msharma. Now we know the magic recipe for ANY dish in the world - 5 bottles of ice-cold Kingfisher.

Just to make sure I have the right recipe - were those bottles Pints or Half-pints?

Thanks for the hugely entertaining thread.
Old 15th September 2007, 10:59   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thanks very much for that enlightening post, msharma. Now we know the magic recipe for ANY dish in the world - 5 bottles of ice-cold Kingfisher.

Just to make sure I have the right recipe - were those bottles Pints or Half-pints?

Thanks for the hugely entertaining thread.
oh the big ones and the strong one, not the lager.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Just stumbled on this site. Seems good with videos on how to cut stuff, cook and also low fat and diet food et all

Check it out.

My Recipes
Old 10th October 2007, 11:51   #112
BHPian

Have a simple hand on cooking. Got hold of a few recipies.

Fish Fry : Preference Rou, as its called in BLR. Get it fresh from HAL or known place. Ask the guys to have a bengali cut, meaning they cut the stomach and slice it to neat pieces. At home, clean out and then marinate it with turmeric and salt. Wait for some time. Take a good quantity of oil in a frying pan, simer it close to BOIL, and DO NOT BOIL the oil please. Make the flame down to the minimum and then slip your marinated fish pieces into the oil. Pieces should dip in the oil. Fry till deep brown and reverse the sides. Take out when both the sides are done and garnish with salad. Learnt it from my wife.

Half Boiled Egg Sandwitch: Whisk eggs, fine grated chpped onions, tomotatos, green chilles in a katori, get your hot pan ready and then when the oil is heated pour the mixture in the pan. Heat it on low flame. As soon as you see the omlette cooked half way thru, like you can see the bottom crest become white, snap the bread on top of the half cooked omlette. wait for a minute and then rotate to bake the bread side. Wait for 30 seconds and take it out and ready to eat, use hot and spicy sauce to go with it.

More soon
Old 10th October 2007, 12:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
oh the big ones and the strong one, not the lager.
Steer - Remember the two bottles of KF Strong we had for lunch? Heady stuff that!
Old 10th October 2007, 21:14   #114
BHPian

i dunno how to cook. I dunno how to make maggi, boiled eggs... untill one day.... parents went out to Kerala for 3 days. They kept me correct money for 3 days food!!!. on the 2nd day nearly dinner time.i got fedup of eating the same good. I took the chance i bought chicken with the money i had left..... by luck about 300 ml of rum for a drink.
Next ...... Oil, onions, tomato smashed and taken from micie for gravy, water. Put all the chicken pieces and ........ put all the masala's that i could find. meat malasa, chicken malasa,chilly powder, ginger and garlic paste, ......... and whoa.. my mum did have a good collection of masala's.. cooked it for but 1/2 hour. already down with a peg. just one peg left with that rum. ... Walked towards the Kitchen. nice smell.. now waiting to watch the curry.

It was yellow and looking okay.... lots. i poked to chicken. Seems to be tender. took it and kept it ready on the dining table. poured my last peg.
Its was lip smacking up, chilly hot, finger licking good. I was amazed to that i cooked really well... i kissed my hands for this.... just to add i spilled a lil rum on my plate!!!! . it did give me a good flavour along with it.

I survived with that food till my parents came..(morning. showed them what i cooked. at the end MY DAD had asked for the receipe. .
Old 11th October 2007, 08:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Just stumbled on this site. Seems good with videos on how to cut stuff, cook and also low fat and diet food et all

Check it out.

My Recipes
Another excellent source for recipes - All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips
Old 11th October 2007, 10:13   #116
Senior - BHPian

I cook almost anything veg

That's what five months of staying alone in gujju land can do to a punju - gotto make all your dal makhnis

Old 25th November 2007, 16:58   #117
BHPian

Chefs out there?

Guys: I've heard talk of bikes and cars...naturally. Also saw cameras and hookah tobacco and miscellaneous.

But any of you petrol-heads interested in cuisine/cooking?

I can swap recipes...
Old 25th November 2007, 18:14   #118
Team-BHP Support

Where be V-16? Food and Engines go hand in hand for this dude.
Old 25th November 2007, 18:29   #119
BHPian

Good on you. Good topic.

When I find time I indulge in some exotic fusion cuisine.
Old 25th November 2007, 20:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

i am studying hotel managment.. but still beginner in it..

Most Viewed