Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:13   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The hand, he has the hand.
Oscillatory motion of the right hand for 7 years *Shocked*. Now Ishan certainly has a strong forehand. Did I hear that you also played tennis for the last 7 years.
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The hand, he has the hand.
Thank you Ajay bhai. Only a single, coitus starved man can understand the other's plight, eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Now Ishan certainly has a strong forehand. Did I hear that you also played tennis for the last 7 years.
Yes, I do but how do you know?!! Looks like somethings fishy about you inviting me to Pune all the time!!

Been playing tennis for the past 12 years though!

Last edited by iraghava : 3rd September 2007 at 20:27.
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:33   #93
BHPian

indian italian thai mexican .... if you love good food and have lived alone you learn to cook
Old 4th September 2007, 23:50   #94
Team-BHP Support

I have learnt that cooking is a lot tougher on an electric burner, the kinds used in the US. Give me Butane any day please.
Old 5th September 2007, 01:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Oscillatory motion of the right hand for 7 years *Shocked*. Now Ishan certainly has a strong forehand. Did I hear that you also played tennis for the last 7 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Thank you Ajay bhai. Only a single, coitus starved man can understand the other's plight, eh!
Yes, I do but how do you know?!! Looks like somethings fishy about you inviting me to Pune all the time!!
So you have a Tennis Elbow then!!
Old 5th September 2007, 14:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
So you have a Tennis Elbow then!!
It also means that he's playing since the age of one.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

From cooking to playing tennis to..

Lets keep the discussion on-topic guys.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
From cooking to playing tennis to..

Lets keep the discussion on-topic guys.
he he, sorry DCEite, but your D-Bhpian is too delicious to resist.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

have a cup of tea made by me and you wont ever think of having it again i am soo bad at it,rest i can just make some veggie sandwiches or omlette that to only for myself...
Old 13th September 2007, 17:36   #100
BHPian

I should get the 'Worst cook of the Century Trophy' !!

Was boiling potatoes once.. put them in pressure cooker and went ot watch T.V. Coudnt hear the wistle even after 1/2 hour. Thought something was fishy.

Imagine what I saw in the kitchen! The cooker had turned red hot! Immedetly turned the gas off. Opened the cooker just to find 4 crisp black ***** instead of potatoes!! Imagine what!

I forgot to put water for boiling potatoes!
Old 13th September 2007, 22:15   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Was boiling potatoes once.. put them in pressure cooker and went ot watch T.V. Coudnt hear the wistle even after 1/2 hour. Thought something was fishy.

Imagine what I saw in the kitchen! The cooker had turned red hot! Immedetly turned the gas off. Opened the cooker just to find 4 crisp black ***** instead of potatoes!! Imagine what!

I forgot to put water for boiling potatoes!
You don't get the award. A friend of mine could not make 2 minute maggi noodles.
Once he tried cup noodles, and in that too he added too much water which was not boiling hot.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Im in university right now and Iv decided to start cooking for myself this year. I put on too much weight last year after eating every single meal outside. Anyways Iv been making sandwiches for the past few days. Very simple,

Whole Wheat Bread (Healthy remember!!)
Onions
Lettuce(tryignt to be healthy again!)
Chicken Bologna
Mustard
Mayo (Fat Free)

It tasted pretty good and not bad for a start. Iv made sandwiches in Mumbai too but not so much as a meal. Im thinkiing of making it toasted it next time. I guess it will taste a little better. Iv also bought eggs and plan to make an omlette. I got a little confused with the cheese and picked up mozarella. Lets hope it tastes good in my omlette. btw I make some really good omlettes (If I may say so) so stay tuned!!!
Old 14th September 2007, 01:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

Staying in dorms or apartments off campus definitely teaches a person to survive on his/her own cooking,or atleast improvise a meal.

I've always loved cooking.My dad would look at me as if I'd been transported from Mars,when i'd religiously watch the cullinary shows by Tarla Dalal & Sanjeev Kapoor.While in college (undergrad),I'd get my mom to take a break,and fix my parents a decent 3-course meal. There used to be minor 'disasters',but I somehow got through those without much problems.

Got to grad school,and thats when I had the chance to let things move up a notch.Trying out all sorts of cuisines,I used to cook to relax. 30+ hour shifts in the lab,and I'd yearn to get home and fix myself a good meal.

With the job,it was time to indulge.Summers meant grilling & pool-side parties,with a bunch of goodies like grilled shrimp with a teriyaki sauce, and satay with a peanut sauce.. And a gallon of beer to wash it all down.. Hmm,now the picture's complete.
My wife was pretty happy when we got married,because she knew she wouldn't have to starve. Now,she's mastered a few skills herself,and cooking's become an integral part of our lives.

Mexican,Caribbean & Italian are my favorite cuisines,and fixing cocktails on the side are something I love doing.

Been out of action (from the kitchen) for over 6 weeks,and I can hardly wait.Another 3 weeks of physiotherapy,and I should be able to ring up a few goodies on the dining table.

Happy eating...
Old 14th September 2007, 15:00   #104
BHPian

how to cook your first meal when your 5 beers down...

well i never cooked in my entire life and never thought of it before, i tried my hands on cooking only after reading this thread.

me never been alone in life was recently alone for few days. i actually got tired of saleem's and kareem's chicken. so i extended one chicken's life for the day. ( not actually)

so looked into fridge found 3 beers waiting for me so being a haryanvi we were told since childhood that it is crime making alcohol wait. so no points for guessing what happened next.

now as i was in senses after finishing all the king fishers. first thing i did was prayed for vijay mallaya's long life and proseperty.

note down this is once in life time opportunity.

now the stove is on with a pan over it. as i was not aware what i was cooking so like all the great chef's i decided to about 100 grms of butter in the pan. as i was still deciding what to cook butter melted and smoked the kitchen( guys who don't cook should know it makes lot of noise smoke and smell).
so i put the stove on simmer and added garlic paste and tomato puree just to stop the smell and hurrey!!!! it worked.

as i was gaining confidence i decided to stir it a bit, and suddenly a drop of the thing jumped out of pan and landed on my wrist...as a knee jerk reaction the world of profanity opened i did not even spare pan's mother and sister (which i am really ashamed off)..

now the stove was off and the whole beer effect was gone, so i again made gallant decision to get my self three more beers.

came back with chicken tikka and Two and half bottle of beer(what!!!!it was a long way back).

so again after all my blessing to Mr. Mallaya i went back in the kitchen to get a plate. seeing the red settled gravy in the pan i got my courage back and i lit the stove again.

as my senses were back again i found the spices in the kitchen. i decided to put jeera powder haldi garam masala,aamchoor, lal mirchi powder almost everything and some water in the gravy.

i was again stirring but only from the distance of 3 feet.

once in an unfortunate accident i had seen Khana Khazana when i was a kid, where Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor was adding some skimmed milk in the gravy to make it thicker, i saw a patila in the fridge which looked like milk so i poured it in( next day my wife told me it was curd).

so now i had good amount gravy but "gravy se to pet nahi barta na yaar"..
i was really happy with my creation. had some potatoes but did not want to peel and cut all that.

thanks to alcohol i remembered that i have saleem's wonder full chicken tikka in a polybag. now the dilema was whether to spoil the chicken by putting in the gravy and sleep hungry or adore my creation and scarifice the chicken.

so chicken went inside the gravy along with green chutney and onions.

with all my apprehension i put the stove on simmer and covered the pan
and before i could give into the weakness and try to save my tikkas phone rang.... as i was being shouted at by my wife for destroying the kitchen(she assumed and she was right) it took me five minutes so i rushed back so i could save remaining of my tikka.

to my surprise it was looking and smelling quite nice. got the brown bread out put those on the owen.

now that thingy i cooked was in my plate.... chicken was very tender and juicy,gravy was thick and nice...as i stuck my fork into first piece and put it in my mouth...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD NO SALT AND VERY HOT...

the remainings of my last beer came to my rescue..went to the kitchen put some salt on the plate and here i found the oregano which you get from Pizza hut (which i dearly collect and pour over my 2 minute noodles)

so i am back to my dinner... quite surprised that it tasted really well( leaving sudden shocks of unmixed salt)

so that is how i cooked my first meal, i took it in my lunch box next day and very proudly shared it with my colleages. so some liked and some hated it ( may be because of salt)...hehehe..

So friends i am a confident chef now but only problem is that i can not cook with out five beers down my tummy..and wife has decided to throw me out of the house because i cooked chicken in her kitchen...hehe

so mates i can not tell you how much water, garlic paste, tomate to use while cooking this delicacy but only one thing i can tell get drunk and everything will follow.

oh and sorry for the long post...could not say it in less words, anyways it is your fault, you encouraged me
Old 14th September 2007, 15:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

great post Msharma_79. Loved your recipe. Will try the same with half a bottle of Chivas tough. If my chicken tastes better, then alcohol in ones self before and during cooking is the secret ingredient

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks