Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2020, 17:10   #1486
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If you like Korean movies, do watch Bong Joon Ho's classics. Most of them are available on Netflix. Memories of Murder, The Host, Snowpiercer, Barking Dogs Never Bite are some classic ones.
Thank you for the names. Will start on them soon.
First up - The Raid: Redemption on Prime.
Old 31st March 2020, 19:04   #1487
BHPian

Just finished watching "Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal" on Netflix.

Must say, it is a thorough entertainer. The first few minutes of the movie may invoke a feeling that this is just another typical masala movie, but the plot entirely changes after that and how! It keeps you hooked till the end.

Would definitely recommend watching.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:25   #1488
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched MayaBazaar 2016 (Kannada) and HIT-The First Case(Telugu), both pretty good.

Couple of interesting threads on Malayalam Movies in Twitter.

Best of Mohanlal-61 Movies by Vivek Ranjit - A very good compilation

Mammukka through the years - Not really a full representation of his best. But a good list
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:02   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Trance - 3.5/5

Liked the movie. I thought it was a bold take on evangelists - a topic that only a malayali filmmaker could take on and get away with. Interesting to see some of the exposes on the big screen - there are too many such cases here in Yousa. I wouldn't say it is the best that Fahadh Faasil has done but good nonetheless.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 00:07   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Trance and loved the BGM. Movie is good though I am not sure why a lot of people say Fahad is very good. He is good but not great.

Watched Chola - the theme is dark but very well made. Decent performance from all leading cast - just 3 of them in majority of the movie.

PS : Watched Njan Prakashan and Vijay Superum Pournamiyum on TV. Njan Prakshan is a repeat watch and LOVED it. Fahad's acting is sublime - much ahead of Trance. Liked Vijay Superum.. as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th April 2020 at 00:10.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 04:58   #1491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Trance - 3.5/5

there are too many such cases here in Yousa.
Haha Naveen, since you brought US here, I'll just drop this old 20-min clip here:

I thought Fahadh pulled off a great role in the movie. It could have been a wee bit shorter too. I slept off when I watched it in the theater and caught up when it released on Prime last week.

This lockdown is driving me insane - been watching at least 2-3 movies daily. Mostly recapping ones from the '90s. Decent quality, available in youtube, hotstar, mxplayer. PS4 on the backburner again!
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 10:19   #1492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I thought Fahadh pulled off a great role in the movie.
Definitely agree with this. It was all about his eyes, expressions and body language and he has done a commendable job portraying JC. Would definitely rate this movie as one of the best, just based on acting and nothing else.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 11:58   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Definitely agree with this. It was all about his eyes, expressions and body language and he has done a commendable job portraying JC.
Surprisingly, I saw this few days back. Talks about his eyes.

naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 17:53   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Watched Trance and loved the BGM. Movie is good though I am not sure why a lot of people say Fahad is very good. He is good but not great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Definitely agree with this. It was all about his eyes, expressions and body language and he has done a commendable job portraying JC. Would definitely rate this movie as one of the best, just based on acting and nothing else.

I think the problem(not the right term but still) with a highly natural performer like Fahad is that when you watch for the first time, because he is so natural, you think, whats the big deal with the acting. Then when you watch it again, you focus on the smaller things-eye movements, body language, small gestures that really make the big difference.

Very few actors can do that. That is also one reason why he is compared to Mohanlal- Because Lalettan was a master at this (which is what triggered the below thread by Vivek Ranjit). It becomes so natural that you wonder where the 'acting' was. One of my personal favorites was Drishyam, in the 2nd half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th April 2020 at 20:12. Reason: Broken end quote tag.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 18:59   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha Naveen, since you brought US here, I'll just drop this old 20-min clip here:
Haha that is hilarious. I've seen documentaries about some of these jokers and Charlatans of any religion should be exposed but yeah I am going off track here....

Quote:
I thought Fahadh pulled off a great role in the movie. It could have been a wee bit shorter too. I slept off when I watched it in the theater and caught up when it released on Prime last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Njan Prakshan is a repeat watch and LOVED it. Fahad's acting is sublime - much ahead of Trance. Liked Vijay Superum.. as well.
Yeah I loved Njan Prakshan too - I think he played that role much better than the role of JC.

Quote:
I think the problem(not the right term but still) with a highly natural performer like Fahad is that when you watch for the first time, because he is so natural, you think, whats the big deal with the acting. Then when you watch it again, you focus on the smaller things-eye movements, body language, small gestures that really make the big difference.

Very few actors can do that. That is also one reason why he is compared to Mohanlal- Because Lalettan was a master at this
Yup - I think you hit it on the head there. His understated way of acting. No wonder we'd watch a movie like Njan Prakshan more than once.

Last edited by naveenroy : 15th April 2020 at 19:02.
naveenroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 09:28   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of interesting threads on Malayalam Movies in Twitter.
Best of Mohanlal-61 Movies by Vivek Ranjit - A very good compilation

Mammukka through the years - Not really a full representation of his best. But a good list
Thank you for linking to that post. Will eventually catch up on most movies on both lists.

Vikruthi on Netflix (Malayalam with subs)
A great movie for the Social Media connected younger generation who love to keep score of the number of likes on their posts. One bad move on their part - and they may consider it a harmless post - and how it can affect their lives.
The sections of the law quoted and the ending where the cops hints about the person who can be arrested, should make people sit up and take notice on the consequences of their "innocent" posts.

Varane Avashyamund on Netflix & SunNXT (Malayalam with subs)
Nice to see actress Shobana and Suresh Gopi sir in a romantic movie together. They steal the show from Dulquer.
A good watch for the lockdown.

Vellaikaran on Hotstar. (Tamil with subs)
A movie that tackles food adulteration and appeals to the workers of those factories to take it upon themselves to look after the interests of the general public at large
Fahadh Faasil is great as always. Sivakarthikeyan does a decent job too.

Kee on Hotstar (Tamil with subs)
Don't waste your time watching this Jeeva movie about hacking. The villain does not justify the reason for his forcing his victims to do his bidding. This movie could have been much better but is a complete waste of time.
Instead watch a better made movie on the same subject starring Vishal Irumbu Thira on Zee5 (Tamil with subs)

Bheeshma (Telugu) is out today on SunNXT & Hotstar

In light of CoronaVirus, I would recommend all to re-watch Virus on Prime.
Ithaca is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 17:59   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Bheeshma (Telugu) is out today on SunNXT & Hotstar
One line review - Please avoid watching this movie. Thorough waste of time.
Cannot understand how such movies can be made in today's times.
Old 26th April 2020, 10:26   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Gauthamante Radham

Thought I would skip this but wanted to give foreign language movies a break since I saw a lot of it.

This movie is a relationship of a family with their first car. It's a simple movie with an expected storyline. Somehow I enjoyed the movie.

Rating - 3/5
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 22:49   #1499
BHPian

Anjaam Pathiraa on SunNXT (Malayalam with English Subs)
Dropped today.

Thoroughly enjoyable watch. Do give it a view.
A consulting criminologist works with Kochi police to hunt a serial killer who has a penchant for cops only.
No spoilers so will not say anything more.
Old 28th April 2020, 22:36   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Gauthamante Radham
[/b]
I want to watch it. From where did you get to watch this? Missed this on TV a couple of days back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks