Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 11:00   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I want to watch it. From where did you get to watch this? Missed this on TV a couple of days back.
I watched it on YouTube but now available on Amazon Prime as well.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 12:55   #1502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Gauthamante Radham
This movie is a relationship of a family with their first car. It's a simple movie with an expected storyline. Somehow I enjoyed the movie.
A nice little movie. Thank you for the recommendation. Another one I watched recently was Janamaitri - another pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Anjaam Pathiraa on SunNXT (Malayalam with English Subs)
Maybe because of the hype and expectations, I did not like this one much
Old 29th April 2020, 14:16   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Dharala Prabhu (Tamil remake of Vicky Donor) and Trance (Malayalam) have been the best movies I watched in this Lock Down. Loved Dharala Prabhu for it's unique story (I hadn't seen Vicky Donor) and Trance for it's chic and bold handling of a sensitive topic.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 16:44   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Ulta - Malayalam

A small town where women are superior to men. Thought it would a funny flick considering the unique storyline and Pisharody being the front man. But it was disappointing and stopped it half way.

Rating - 1/5
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 19:23   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Anjaam Pathiraa on SunNXT (Malayalam with English Subs)
Dropped today.
Is this available on any other platform Netflix / Prime?
Old 29th April 2020, 21:47   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal_67 View Post
Is this available on any other platform Netflix / Prime?
Quite a few Telugu movies are simultaneously released on SunNXT & Netflix.
Ala Vaikunthapuramlo & Bheeshma come to mind.
However I guess this agreement is not valid for Malayalam movies.
As of now, it is only available on SunNXT.

Birbal Ch 1 on Prime.
Kannada with subs.
It is a trilogy. Just finished this. Eagerly waiting for chapter 2.

Last edited by Ithaca : 29th April 2020 at 21:55.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 22:14   #1507
BHPian

Watched Varane Avashmund (Malayalam) *ing Shobhana, Suresh Gopi , Kalyani Priyadarshan , DQ

Rating 4/5

It is unusual to watch a star studded movie and relate with the characters , but this one is a pleasant surprise. As we see the story unfolding with the introduction of its characters amidst a typical Chennai urbanesque template, we forget that it is a movie and presume we are watching our neighbourhood.

The director needs special appreciation for his incredible talent to stitch so many characters from our real life into the story- That Overenthusiastic Auntie to that Serious-looking Uncle to the Gossiping Neighbours to the Hindi Speaking Watchman to the Dhobi & his family to the Maid's Son to that funny doctor....

Even though the story line is cliched without any serious dramatic twists, the screenplay draws and immerses the audience along with scintillating camera work , delightful songs and BGM .

And the Actors have perfectly essayed their roles , while Suresh Gopi, Shobhana, Urvashi & KPAC Lalitha gave some brilliant performances- especially having accustomed to see Suresh Gopi in so many boisterous cop roles, watching him play the next-door uncle who shies away from talking to ladies was really unanticipatedly delightful .

Special mention to DQ , who lets his costars steal the show ( A gratifying change from the Telugu Movies where all the characters dance to the tunes of the star) . Even his name comes 4th in the end credits , which I think, is almost impossible in Telugu Movies.

Last edited by poised2drive : 29th April 2020 at 22:19.
poised2drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 23:38   #1508
BHPian

Saw two movies today

Aa Karaala Ratri Hotstar (Kannada with subs)
This is a 90 odd minute movie based on a kannada play based on a Russian story.
Do watch it and you will be entertained.

Hit: The First Case Prime (Telugu with subs)
A good thriller about a cop trying to find a missing girl.
Enjoyable watch. Don't miss.
Old 2nd May 2020, 08:16   #1509
BHPian

Gauthamante Radham - a touching movie about a guys love hate relationship with his car and how it becomes integral to his journey in life from being a carefree college student to a young professional. The story begins with our protagonist sneaking out with the keys to his father's bicycle early in the morning to have fun watching the rear wheels spin while the bicycle is on the centre stand. The boy has a fascination with all things with wheels even as a child. The family consists of very relatable characters, a granny who is our protagonist's partner in mischief, the doting mother and the loving father. The film picks up speed once our man reaches 18 years of age, his father proclaims him to be an adult and asks him to get a Driving License. The hunt for a car begins soon, the first car in the family. The car they eventually end up buying brings a lot of embarrassment to our young college going protagonist. Friends pass side remarks about how inadequate the car is and offer to find ways to get rid of it, only to eventually find themselves growing to like the little wonder on wheels. The range of emotions a family's first car brings is beautifully captured by the debutant director Anand Menon. The movie captures the story of how the car becomes a part of their family, how we tend to give names to our cars and how they play an important part in a lot of our memorable moments. Many of us would relate the feeling of emotional attachment to our first cars, the sorrow having to sell them causes. Oh and there is a little action, some romance and a lovely group of friends thrown in for good measure.

Cast : Neeraj Madhav (he played the baddie Moosa Rahman
opposite Manoj Bajpayee in The Family Man on Amazon Prime), Valsala Menon (in a beautifully written role as the lively granny), Renji Panicker (playing the friendly dad with a few tricks up his sleeve) , Devi Ajith (the loving mom) and our Nanappan (the star of the movie - a tiny little four wheeled wonder that you'll fall in love with by the end of the film and wonder if it deserved a little more love from our car buying public)

Language - Malayalam

The movie is now streaming on Amazon Prime, watch it for some light hearted entertainment which will surely bring back memories about your own first car! Highly recommended *****

Last edited by vik99 : 2nd May 2020 at 08:22.
vik99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:31   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I watched a nice and sweet little Marathi movie "AB ani CD", starring Vikram Gokhale, Subodh Bhave and a cameo by AB, ie Amitabh Bachchan. Its a nice take on family relationships influenced by affiliations.
Its on Amazon Prime, subtitles in English are available.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 15:55   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
Gauthamante Radham -
Language - Malayalam
What a movie!

Enjoyed it to the fullest. The movie resonates with the feelings of most middle class car owners for whom a car is an integral part of the family and not just a heap of nuts and bolts.

A MUST WATCH FOR ALL BHPIANS.

(Available on Amazon Prime)
Old 3rd May 2020, 16:03   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Hit: The First Case Prime (Telugu with subs)
A good thriller about a cop trying to find a missing girl.
Enjoyable watch. Don't miss.
That was gripping, well-made thriller. Thanks for the recommendation.
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 16:22   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ulta - Malayalam

A small town where women are superior to men. Thought it would a funny flick considering the unique storyline and Pisharody being the front man. But it was disappointing and stopped it half way.

Rating - 1/5
You should have watched it completely for the miraculous transformation in the 2nd half which made it a fantastic movie.

Ok, I am kidding . It becomes crazier in the 2nd half, random new characters and plot points. Mom was very interested in watching it, and hence had to endure it. Pisharody has had a very poor career movie wise. Looks like he is best suited for stand up comedy only unlike some of his peers.

I found Gautamante Ratham pretty aimless- Neither really focusing on the relation ship with the car nor the love story itself. Pass time watch on TV mainly because of a nice performance by Neeraj Madhav. That absolutely wonderful song- 'Uyire' was also poorly picturized.
Old 6th May 2020, 04:25   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
Gauthamante Radham - a touching movie about a guys love hate relationship with his car and how it becomes integral to his journey in life from being a carefree college student to a young professional.
Thanks a lot for this recommendation. This one kidna flew under my radar. I've now added this to my immediate watchlist with family.
Old 6th May 2020, 23:08   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Psycho (Tamil)

The name aptly suits the movie. ______

I wouldn't recommend this for any normal viewer. Someone who loves this genre can maybe give this a try when there's nothing to watch.

Rating - 2/5
[/b]

Completely agree with your view.

Suggested by some YouTube reviewers calling it a 'mustwatch', my interest was kindled and later when I saw Mysskin's name, the interest doubled.

This is a typical Myskin's movie with brilliant camerawork and touching bgm, sparkled by the antagonist's performance and notwithstanding them, the film is a dud.

Too many loopholes , inconsistencies and illogical plot points speckled with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina . And portraying the police to be this hopeless for the sake of plot convenience is completely unacceptable ( at least for the Govt servant in me) . I do not know if the director wanted the audience to see that the entire Coimbatore was filled with Idiots who are blind to their surroundings and needed a blind man to help them was sone kind of metaphorical thing, but it was neither subtle nor believable.

And Udayanidhi portrayal as a blind musician was so effortful and mediocre. Aditi Rao was just an expressionless and dull , but beautiful doll. Nithya Menon is only the saving grace apart from the newcomer , Rajkumar, who is the "Psycho" .

And more importantly, the director, through a role of professional psychologist in the movie, analyses the character of typical psychopath-serial killer, which is not just inaccurate , but ridiculously wrong. The psychologist, on a radio show, says that people who kill other people for the sake of caste/religion/honour are all psychopaths and the heroine applauds it as it were a revelation . The director's attempt to portray honour killings as psychopathic might look tempting but is academically wrong and probably dangerous too. I wonder how a director like Myskin failed to do basic research on the main subject of the movie.

Fans of Myskin can safely give it a miss or pulldown their expectations before watching it .

Last edited by poised2drive : 6th May 2020 at 23:25.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks