Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 10:42   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I watched Traffic a few days back and really liked it. Very fast-paced and at the same time has a few heart-wrenching moments as well.

Btw, where's Rahman in that poster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Good question, now that you asked! I couldnt locate him as well!
Sandya is there pore? Love that song too.

Nice fast grippy film.

Saw Marykkundoru Kunjadu last day after several failed attempts to get ticket. Its a nice family movie. Lucky Dileep Bhavana looks though! Innocent/Jagathy too does nice work especially Jagathy.

2010-11 gave mallus some very nice film.

Rate: 3.5/5
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-index.jpg  

Old 4th March 2011, 10:55   #272
Team-BHP Support

Re: Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sandya is there pore? Love that song too.
You like her?! Both my wife and myself felt she didnt look all that great. However, she does seem to be a regular with Vineeth Srinivasan.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th March 2011 at 10:56.
Old 4th March 2011, 19:24   #273
BHPian

Re: Payanam (Tamil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Nfsfreak,

With due respects to your opinion, I would rate this movie one of the worst I've ever watched.
As you've mentioned, Opinion/taste differs. As everybody has their own view on a movie, just like Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya had good & worst comments here in same thread
Old 7th March 2011, 19:22   #274
BANNED

A very peculiar of me to watch a Telugu Movie

Never had watched one, but this movie was nice.

Me and bro had no better job to do on a Sunday afternoon, caught this movie running in a telugu channel.

Sorry, i cannot spell the name

Every actor has done justice to their role, It looked like a take-off from Salman Khans movie "Jab Pyar Kiya to Darna Kya"

Rating = 8/10
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-nuvvostanante.jpg  

Old 7th March 2011, 22:12   #275
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Just Math Mathalli - Kannada

A clean, simple but yet effective story telling supported by some fab music by Raghu Dixit, Sudeep as a actor has already proven himself but also as a director he has proved himself in this movie....

i really hate movies which is exaggerated, was happy to see the entire movie was laid out nicely which made sense and looked quiet real and logical too!

One of the songs which i love to hear again and again
Old 21st March 2011, 22:10   #276
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the release of 'URUMI' by Santosh Sivan,I am a big fan of him. With a stunning cast line up like Pritviraj, Vidya Balan, Tabu, Genelia, Arya, Prabhu Deva, Amol Gupte and Jagathy expectation is very high.

Poster Courtesy: http://www.urumithefilm.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-urumi.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st March 2011 at 22:12.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:38   #277
Senior - BHPian

I watched the multi-starrer 'Christian Brothers' last weekend. It's a mini Twenty-20 with only a few stars missing. I think it has enough masala to keep the fans of all the stars happy - so it might become a commercial success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Eagerly waiting for the release of 'URUMI' by Santosh Sivan,I am a big fan of him. With a stunning cast line up like Pritviraj, Vidya Balan, Tabu, Genelia, Arya, Prabhu Deva, Amol Gupte and Jagathy expectation is very high.
With Santhosh Sivan, you can be assured that the movie will be visually stunning - you can already see that in the promos. So style is guaranteed - but substance?
Old 4th April 2011, 12:43   #278
Senior - BHPian

Watched URUMI and I liked it. Like any other Santosh Sivan movies it is visual treat. Good acting by Pritvi and Prabhu Deva. Tabu was seen in one song and she looks old. Vidya Balan did not have much to do to show her acting skill and her item song was average :-) !!. Songs are different and new singers did a good job. They could have chosen some phisically capable girl for Genelia's role, but she looks beautiful. Some of her scenes with Pritvi is pretty similar to movie Ashoka by Santosh.

Overall nice movie and technically movie is excellent comparing to many other Indian movies. I did not expect a great story from Santosh movie but it was above average.

My rating: 4/5 - must watch

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th April 2011 at 13:07.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 14:49   #279
BANNED

Khamosh Pani (Pakistani Movie). Language: Punjabi dialect (North, now Pakistan).

Kiron Kher and some other Indian actors.

The movie set in the early 80's revolves around a Sikh woman (Kiron Kher). Who is bringing up her teenage son in the times of Zia- Ul - Haq rising to power in Pakistan.

The rise of fundamentalism in Pakistan and how it affected its future.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:10   #280
Team-BHP Support

In the early 80s, there was a very different movie that was made in Kannada. It was called Ganda Bherunda, and had a stunning star cast.

Stars: Shankar Nag, Amrish Puri, Srinath, Ambarish, Lakshmi, Jayamala, Vajramuni, Sunderkrishna Urs, Shakti Prasad, etc.

Yes, it had 3 major heros and 4 major villains of that time.

I don't think you would have seen Amrish Puri like this in any movie. He is a fellow cowboy along with Shankar Nag, who went on to create Malgudi Days. This movie is so unknown, it is not even listed in IMDB against Amrish Puri's Filmography.

The Regional movies thread!-fullscreen-capture-6242011-94117-am.bmp.jpg

When the songs were released, they all went on to be super duper hits. However, the movie could not be released for 3 years for some unknown reason, at least I don't remember the reason.

When it finally released, the songs had become old and stale. So it didn't elicit any interest and the film flopped badly.

It was a swashbuckling treasure hunting cow boy movie, a genre which was unheard of in the Indian film industry then. It was more like westerns than any Indian movie. The special effects scenes were terrific, could have easily belonged in a Hollywood movie. But the Indian audience couldn't relate to such a story.

A decade later I got to see Mackenna's Gold, and I was stunned. The storyline was strikingly similar to Ganda Bherunda. Then I realised where and how Ganda Bherunda was inspired from. In fact, all those earth quake scenes were not only similar, but same. The Ganda Bherunda makers had cut-n-pasted all the special effects scenes from Mackenna's Gold right into the Kannada version.

Now it is available in youtube:

This is probably the only Indiana Jones genre movie made in Kannada until today... Both Amrish Puri and Vajramuni are action oriented history professors, just like Dr.Jones

Last edited by Samurai : 24th June 2011 at 17:39.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 21:45   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I don't think you would have seen Amrish Puri like this in any movie. This movie is so unknown, it is not even listed in IMDB against Amrish Puri's Filmography.
Wow! I remember seeing him in another movie as the main villain as well. I think it is Simhada Mari Sainya, a kid's movie with Arjun Sarja as the lead. If my memory serves me right, Sundar Krishna Urs dubbed for the voice of Amrish Puri in this movie. I thought this was the only one but now you have brought one more to the fore.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:05   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow! I remember seeing him in another movie as the main villain as well. I think it is Simhada Mari Sainya, a kid's movie with Arjun Sarja as the lead. If my memory serves me right, Sundar Krishna Urs dubbed for the voice of Amrish Puri in this movie. I thought this was the only one but now you have brought one more to the fore.
Yes, when I was writing about his IMDB Filmography, I did think about Simhada Mari Sainya, that came even earlier. Only his first Kannada movie (Kaadu) is listed there.

Considering the presence of Ambarish and the genre it follows, I guess we can call Ganda Bherunda as Mandyana Jones movie.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th June 2011 at 08:13.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:27   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, when I was writing about his IMDB Filmography, I did think about Simhada Mari Sainya, that came even earlier. Only his first Kannada movie (Kaadu) is listed there.
Ah! So they are missing a few from the filmography then

Quote:
Considering the presence of Ambarish and the genre it follows, I guess we can Ganda Bherunda as Mandyana Jones movie.
great one!! Cant get wittier than this!!
Old 28th June 2011, 23:26   #284
BANNED

Watched Magadheera...-Telugu

I would rate it 9.5/10 for its flow in the story line and finesse in the special effects detailing.

Though me nor my family are very far from talking or understanding Telugu, but off-late we have taken fancy to some well made movies there. This one takes the cake...

Yeejay dude... The movie was about a normal young lad who lives in the modern day suddenly gets some pre-monitions about his past life after an encounter with a Beautiful Girl. He learns that he has a very Intriguing past. From here starts his journey to unravel what happened in his past life.

Enough or you need me to tell more..
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-magadheera080809_2c.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 28th June 2011 at 23:36.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 23:29   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
A very peculiar of me to watch a Telugu Movie

Never had watched one, but this movie was nice.

Me and bro had no better job to do on a Sunday afternoon, caught this movie running in a telugu channel.

Sorry, i cannot spell the name

Every actor has done justice to their role, It looked like a take-off from Salman Khans movie "Jab Pyar Kiya to Darna Kya"

Rating = 8/10

So what was the movie about?
YaeJay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks