Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 19:16   #346
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched 'Kadhalil Sothapuvathu Eppadi'. A very different Tamil Movie. Good Attempt by director. A short 10 min movie which went viral on internet sometime ago is converted to a full fledged movie. Must watch once.

Rating 3.5/5
Old 27th February 2012, 21:13   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Ee Adutha Kaalathu (ഈ അടുത്ത കാലത്ത്)

Ee Adutha Kaalathu (ഈ അടുത്ത കാലത്ത്) :: A sweet n sour flavoured movie - first of a kind I have ever watched. I am still not sure whether this movie was good or bad, but the climax is likeable and won hearts of the complete audience! The movie drags in both the halves, can make you uncomfortable with the slow pace, but has some SUPERB bits as well. Some scenes are utterly boring and the next scene could be exciting as well. Indrajith & rest of the cast have done a good job. My pick of the stars is Nishan who did an exceptional job portraying the role of a North Indian sales guy with a funny Malayalam accent! His dialogues with that accent starting "Chechi.." is my current fav one! Watch this - you will get bored and happy at the same time. Mind you, the movie gets better only towards the end from second half onwards.

My rating - 2.5/5.0
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 09:40   #348
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ee Adutha Kaalathu (ഈ അടുത്ത കാലത്ത്)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ee Adutha Kaalathu (ഈ അടുത്ത കാലത്ത്) :: A sweet n sour flavoured movie -
My rating - 2.5/5.0
Where did you watch this movie?
Old 28th February 2012, 15:27   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Where did you watch this movie?
Asha mini theatre, Kottayam - Kerala.
Old 28th February 2012, 15:36   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Asha mini theatre, Kottayam - Kerala.
I read decent reviews for this movie but could not find it in Bangalore and wanted to know whether you watched it in Bangalore.
Old 28th February 2012, 17:33   #351
Senior - BHPian

God! Havent seen such a crap movie like Casanovva! I couldnt leave theatre coz I couldnt take my bike out!
Old 28th February 2012, 19:14   #352
BHPian

For people who have watched the nakka mukka (female) song and also watched dirty picture, do you think there is a difference between the two. In Dirty Picture with the opening credits, I found that its bit different to the original one. Maybe they added some elements, quite nice for the dance floor. Anyone know eher to get the Dirty picture version?
Old 8th March 2012, 13:10   #353
Senior - BHPian

Ee Adutha Kaalathu- The BESTest movie of recent times!!
I was sure that the director of Cocktail wont disappoint, and he didn't. This is a director's movie and Arun Kumar deserves special applause for back to back 'kidilam movies'. Not forgeting d script writer Murali Gopi, the script was awesome. There was some lag in the 1st half but that's justified. 2nd half is racy and thrilling. Indrajith and Tanushree Ghosh were excellent. Don't want to miss out even a single actor in this movie; All did their roles well...Anoop Menon, Murali Gopi, Nishan, Baiju, Lena, Maidhili etc. I loved d BGM...it creates a special feeling.
Overall its a very very special movie. Must Watch!!
My Rating- 9/10.

Last edited by Anand123 : 8th March 2012 at 13:12. Reason: Ee Adutha Kaalathu
Old 8th March 2012, 21:27   #354
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone watched Nidra by Siddharth Bharathan?

Ee Adutha Kaalathu is a deserving movie.

Great to know that Ranjith picked National Award for Indian Rupee.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 10th March 2012, 03:44   #355
Senior - BHPian

Nidra- A Beautiful movie.
I didn't have much expectation on this one but Sidharth Bharathan really surprised me. He excelled both as an actor and director. Rima Kallingal's performance was very impressive. Jishnu, Sarayu, Thalaivasal Vijay etc did their roles well. The main attraction of d movie is its amazing visuals. Samir Thahir desrves special applause for his work. He's one man who'll surely take malayalam cinema to a new level. The climax scenes were simply awesome. Jassie Gift's songs are gud and refreshing. BGM was perfect.
I'm a bit skeptical about this film becoming a commercial success. An average movie goer may find this movie a slow one but, its worth a watch for all movie lovers.
My Rating- 8/10. The BEST remake film in malayalam!
Old 21st March 2012, 23:06   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordinary (ഓര്*ഡിനറി)

Ordinary (ഓര്*ഡിനറി) :: This movie has nothing exceptional to offer, but doesn't bore you. The BEST part of the movie is the locations of Gavi and would make you instantly fall in love with the place. No extra ordinary performances by anyone, but my pick of the stars is Asif Ali. This young man will go a long way in his career. He handles his character of a "less-civilized guy" pretty effortlessly. The movie has some nice bits of comedy, but again nothing extra ordinary. The heroine's acting is a let down; some love scenes are way too cheesy. The twist in the movie is good. Couple of tracks (by Vidyasagar) are good, but the male singer selection went wrong most of the times. Karthik's voice just didn't suit either Biju Menon or Kunchako Boban. Both these actors have been almost consistently giving highs in the box office as well. Though there are couple of logical flaws in the movie, it doesn't adversely affect the audience experience.

My Rating :: 2.5/5.0 - A one time watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Guys, anyone watched Nidra by Siddharth Bharathan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Nidra- A Beautiful movie.
Got to hear good reviews of the movie. SAD that most of the theaters moved it off on account of poor initial collections. Would have loved to watch it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st March 2012 at 23:08.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:12   #357
BHPian

Movie: 3(Tamil)

Watched this movie today. Went to the theater with not so big expecation but it just blew my mind away. A simple story line executed in an absolutely mature manner.

This should arguably be the best performance of Dhanush till date. The level of intricate acting he does, I can't think of any other actor who can match up that skill. He is in a league of it's own. Mind Blowing!

Music by Anirudh has so much class and novelty. A 21year old boy doing such wonders is very rare in the Industry. The musical arrangements and orchestration are right up there with the best.

Direction - Absolutely mature and outstanding.

I'm mightily impressed with the movie, so 5/5 from me.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:40   #358
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ordinary (ഓര്*ഡിനറി)

Quote:
Ordinary (ഓര്*ഡിനറി) :: This movie has nothing exceptional to offer, but doesn't bore you. The BEST part of the movie is the locations of Gavi and would make you instantly fall in love with the place. No extra ordinary performances by anyone, but my pick of the stars is Asif Ali. This young man will go a long way in his career. He handles his character of a "less-civilized guy" pretty effortlessly. The movie has some nice bits of comedy, but again nothing extra ordinary. The heroine's acting is a let down; some love scenes are way too cheesy. The twist in the movie is good. Couple of tracks (by Vidyasagar) are good, but the male singer selection went wrong most of the times. Karthik's voice just didn't suit either Biju Menon or Kunchako Boban. Both these actors have been almost consistently giving highs in the box office as well. Though there are couple of logical flaws in the movie, it doesn't adversely affect the audience experience.

My Rating :: 2.5/5.0 - A one time watch.
I had gone to watch this movie with family, and the amount of shouting in the movie towards the end had my kid insisting we leave the theater that very instant. (My kid has had no qualms earlier watching the Twilight series in the theatre, and enjoyed it. )

The movie started on an excellent note, and then became really irritating towards the end. Somehow i had high expectations from this movie, going by the trailers.

The camera work and location shots are excellent, and we even decided to visit Gavi during our last Kerala trip, just that the day we planned on going, vehicular movement to the place was banned owing to forest fires in the area.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:15   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Movie: 3(Tamil)

Music by Anirudh has so much class and novelty. A 21year old boy doing such wonders is very rare in the Industry. The musical arrangements and orchestration are right up there with the best.
The music is a little loud at times.

Bipolar disorder is a very serious topic, making a movie out of it, and that too only in the second half, leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:19   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Bipolar disorder is a very serious topic, making a movie out of it, and that too only in the second half, leaves a lot to be desired.
Could be! But, never, while watching, I felt something is going overboard. Everything was seamlessly transiting.

I and my friends were able to connect with a lot of things in that movie. May be that's why I and my friends ended up liking it so much.

Most Viewed