Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 18:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

Two other movies whose name i dont remember
1) One was a mohan lal starrer shot in a village where during a fight and during the chase sequence which is on bullock carts a gal ends up in the heros cart. Then there is a three way love story which progresses.
The movie, I guess, is 'Thenmaavin Kombathu' with Mohanlal, Shobhana and Nedumudi Venu as main leads. This is from 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
2) No idea on the actors name but this is about a guy who has a deformed back. He loves a gal who is blind and spends money to get a surgery done to rectify her eye. The hero has acted tremondously well and if i am not wrong was copied to tamil where surya did play the lead role
This is the Dilip starrer, 'Kunjikoonan' with Navya Nair as the heroine. This is from 2005.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
(Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 55022 (56246) kms, 13.99 kpl, 45km/day)
(Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 31254 kms, 13.25 kpl, 55km/day)
Old 14th April 2009, 19:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
This is the Dilip starrer, 'Kunjikoonan' with Navya Nair as the heroine. This is from 2005.
Yup this was the movie which was later remade in Tamil, the Rajnikanth Starrer - Muthu.
Old 18th April 2009, 06:49   #33
BANNED

Seen Red Chillies. Pathetic direction(Shaji Kailas) & cheap show-off(Mohanlal).

Rating : 1.5/5
Old 18th April 2009, 08:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

saw 2 harihar nagar last thursday in my town.the movie is average.the heroes- the 4 old men are desperate.2nd part is having poor story line.still ,overall ok.
Old 18th April 2009, 08:40   #35
BHPian

SAW IG ! B Unnikrishanan trying to be Shaji kailas, Fails misserably, Try to get a dictionary when you got to the movie . Too slow paced, lacking a good Script. Suspense is there but not presented well.

Rating 2/5.
Old 18th April 2009, 08:51   #36
BHPian

padmarajan movies :- They are still amazing for their rich screenplay.

Movies which i liked :- Namukku paarkaan munthirithoppukal - i kinda watch it every 2 weeks, when I want to feel a bit of Syrian Christian life and the life of a mallu outside kerala -(where there are a lot of vineyards - like hosur)

My rating **** (maybe because i'm syrain Christain)

Next On Padmarajan list:- Thoovanthumbikal

Rich screenplay, Nice background music. Hard to believe that it was adapted from a real life story. Reminds me of some people in bangalore. usually I watch it agin once ina month- when I miss bangalore.

Rating ****

Recently watched a movie called Sanchaaram from a new Director called Ligy thomas. Liked it agin for the detailing these new directors put it into the scenes. she has touched a sensitive issue , but not making it vulgar (Like FIRE.. my opinion). Has again that typical small town mallu feel to it.

Again a **** ( I don't watch it that often though)
Old 18th April 2009, 10:09   #37
BHPian

I watched Sagar elias Jacky last night in PVR, Bangalore. This movie is full of glamor and style. Personally i liked it more than 2 harihar nagar ( May be because of the H2, Patrol, ferrari and stuffs )

In the end its anyways a lalettan movie.

Last edited by jango : 18th April 2009 at 10:10.
Old 18th April 2009, 10:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun911 View Post
Yup this was the movie which was later remade in Tamil, the Rajnikanth Starrer - Muthu.

Nope that was Thenmavin kombathu(Mohanlal,shobhana,Nedumudi venu) which became Muthu in Tamil.

Kunjikoonan(Dileep,Navya Nair) was remade in Tamil Paer Azhakan Starring Surya.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan View Post
SAW IG ! B Unnikrishanan trying to be Shaji kailas, Fails misserably, Try to get a dictionary when you got to the movie . Too slow paced, lacking a good Script. Suspense is there but not presented well.

Rating 2/5.
IG: Well, not a bad job . 3/5

The film's tad slow but suspense/climax is good.

Theme: Terrorist and youth.

They could have got a better gal :( Jagathy and Vijayaraghavan are there for nameshake.

Suresh Gopi did a good job. The dialogues werent that punchy; more patriotic.

Only one 'theri vili' but that was muted! Just remember that!
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-11vk0b9-small.jpg  

Old 19th April 2009, 19:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Lal walks and walks and walks
Lal walks and walks and walks
Lal shoots someone and walks and walks
Lal goes to boards a plane, endless walk to reach it
Lal shoots someone and walks and walks
etc etc

All style no mater film.
Will I see? Oh yah! Lalettan fan!
I told this to my wife. After seeing the movie, she totally agrees to all the above.

But what to do? Very difficult to say no to watch a Mohanlal movie. But these days he is trying his level best to reduce his fan count!
Old 20th April 2009, 19:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
I watched Sagar elias Jacky last night in PVR, Bangalore. This movie is full of glamor and style. Personally i liked it more than 2 harihar nagar ( May be because of the H2, Patrol, ferrari and stuffs )

In the end its anyways a lalettan movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I told this to my wife. After seeing the movie, she totally agrees to all the above.

But what to do? Very difficult to say no to watch a Mohanlal movie. But these days he is trying his level best to reduce his fan count!
Went to Sreekumar on Saturday at 9:15pm. Didnt' get balcony tickets: so went and saw IG.

Went to Sreekumar on Sunday at 8:45pm. Didn't get balcony tickets: so went and saw Samastha Keralam P.O.

Samastha Keralam P.O. : 1/5

Jayaram is a very unlucky guy who gets into lot of traps and is the 7x24x365 day april fool of that village
Old 20th April 2009, 19:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

2 Harihar Nagar is the best film for the time being. According to the collection records, it is going to be one of the biggest grossers of all time.
Saw Dileep's MOZ N' CAT yesterday.huhhhh!!! It is simply stupid. Never expected such a boring film fron Fazil.

Quote:
Samastha Keralam P.O. : 1/5

Jayaram is a very unlucky guy who gets into lot of traps and is the 7x24x365 day april fool of that village
He actually is a fool acting in all stupid films. I think he should sit at home without any films for 3 or 4 years as Suresh Gopi once did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Went to Sreekumar on Saturday at 9:15pm. Didnt' get balcony tickets: so went and saw IG.

Went to Sreekumar on Sunday at 8:45pm. Didn't get balcony tickets: so went and saw Samastha Keralam P.O.
sagar alias jacky:-
1st week - 102 theatres
2nd week - 65 theatres
3rd week - 31 theatres
From this you can understand the progress of the movie!! Being a big budget(6 CRORE) film, its going to be one of the biggest flops in malayalam.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2009 at 22:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Romeo' yesterday. Average movie. Some dialogues were good, others were just pathetic!
Old 20th April 2009, 20:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

I went for mose & cat and ended up seeing a tamil movie :"ayan"(not really good.all rubber band actions as usual)
Old 20th April 2009, 23:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I went for mose & cat and ended up seeing a tamil movie :"ayan"(not really good.all rubber band actions as usual)
You are a lucky guy for NOT seeing the Mose & cat. But i weren't.

Most Viewed