Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 16:13   #451
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and Gentleman

Watched Ladies and Gentleman yesterday. Had very low expectations as it is a Siddique movie and inspite of low expectations, it was unbearable. Being an ardent Mohanlal fan, I watched it only for Mohanlal.

The director seems to have attempted a mix of Cassanova and Spirit and failed miserably. He could not match the style of Roshan Andrews or story telling of Ranjith. I do not understand what the film makers think of IT professionals. In movies they become Regional Heads, CEOs etc very easily and drive around in BMWs, Range Rovers, Vokswagen Beetles

My rating - 3/10
Old 16th April 2013, 16:41   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ladies and Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Watched Ladies and Gentleman yesterday. Had very low expectations as it is a Siddique movie and inspite of low expectations, it was unbearable. Being an ardent Mohanlal fan, I watched it only for Mohanlal.

The director seems to have attempted a mix of Cassanova and Spirit and failed miserably. He could not match the style of Roshan Andrews or story telling of Ranjith. I do not understand what the film makers think of IT professionals. In movies they become Regional Heads, CEOs etc very easily and drive around in BMWs, Range Rovers, Vokswagen Beetles

My rating - 3/10
Couple of my friends too commented the same. Asked me to avoid.

Sura :| 1/5. Guess I expected too much.

Karmayogi: 2.5/5 Its an ok film. Liked the way judgements are done to kidnappers etc . Mohanlal again as a senior office which matches his age/profile.
Old 16th April 2013, 16:51   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Emmanuel:

Another good movie from Lal Jose. I expected a lot from him but the movie didnt disappoint. Mammotty did a good job in this and also the kid. Fahad portrayed his character well. The entire package came right till the end.

Rating: 8.5/10 (Must Watch)
Old 16th April 2013, 16:53   #454
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ladies and Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Karmayogi: 2.5/5 Its an ok film. Liked the way judgements are done to kidnappers etc . Mohanlal again as a senior office which matches his age/profile.
It is Karmayodha. Karmayogi is another one starring Indrajith. Did not like Karmayodha either but compared to this, it was much better.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:57   #455
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Police Review

Watched Mumbai Police on Friday. I must say that this is the best thriller that was made in Malayalam in recent times (at least in 15 years). Must watch.
Old 13th May 2013, 10:14   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Hotel California:

Got mixed response but decided to watch it since I always loved Anoop Menon's scripts. It is pretty watchable and JS acted pretty well (nothing much to do other than having a stiff face). The comedian from VF comedy stars did a good job. Can expect to see him again. BGM was great especially when they show JS. The commissioner did a very good job too.

All together, an OK movie for a timepass.

Rating - 6/10 (Watchable)
Old 19th May 2013, 11:14   #457
BHPian

Watched Soodhu Kavvum - Tamil Movie.

I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone who is planning to watch this flick. Vijay Sethupathy has taken a daring role and pulled it off successfully. I feel that they could have avoided the heroine. It was a complete laugh riot.

My Rating 4/5.
Old 19th May 2013, 12:05   #458
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Watched Mumbai Police on Friday.

best thriller that was made in Malayalam ... at least in 15 years
In 15 years! Is that not going a bit overboard? For a thriller, my pick in the recent times would be Run Baby Run; so many twists and turns and featuring a different Mohanlal. Mumbai Police is good and watchable; my only grouse is that the actual story is very short and they have elongated the little plot.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:17   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Amen:-
A different movie by Lijo Jose Pellissery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Amen:
Brilliant movie.
I watched Amen, and although I liked the cinematography, music and acting, I felt like I was just watching a rehash of a recent Dilip-Bhavana starrer - in that sense, it felt like old wine in new bottle. Not to mention the final twist in the last scene, which reminded me of another big hit.

Mumbai Police: Really liked the movie. Good script, direction and acting. I had given up on Prithviraj after Hero and Simhasanam, but he has done a brilliant job here (haven't watched Celluloid).
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:13   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai Police:

As StarrySky had put forward, I had lost all hope, but he did an excellent job here. Brilliant direction and script along with an awesome BGM. Felt they dragged the movie at times since the plot was short and simple. But the crowd waiting till the very last second and the climax proved great.

Rating - 9/10 (definite watch)
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:26   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Did not realize such a thread existed. My last few movies (malayalam) were:

Ladies and Gentleman: Being a ardent Mohanlal fan, was disappointed with this film.
Emmanual: Good one. Reminded me of Best Actor in a lot of the family sequences. But again great treatment from Lal Jose

Amen: Nice movie. But did not feel it was worth the hype. Great acting and cinematography took the movie to the next level. I guess it may be boring to someone watching on TV.

Mumbai Police: Brilliant. Loved it. Have never seen such an innovative plot. Great performance from Prithvi also.
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:43   #462
BHPian

Saw Mumbai Police yesterday. It is one of the best suspense thriller's that i have watched in Malayalam in recent times. Totally blown over by Prithviraj's performance. He had chosen a bold role and portrayed it to perfection. Hats off to Roshan Andrews and team for a brilliant movie. Must watch!
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:12   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Watched Soodhu Kavvum - Tamil Movie.

I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone who is planning to watch this flick. Vijay Sethupathy has taken a daring role and pulled it off successfully. I feel that they could have avoided the heroine. It was a complete laugh riot.

My Rating 4/5.
Second that. Wonderful, wonderful movie. Nice to see such movies run to packed houses as well. The claps which Vijay Sethupathi will rival many masala heroes.

Please watch the movie if not already done
Old 25th May 2013, 14:24   #464
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Police. It's a very bold and intelligent movie. The plot is amazing and there are many clues right from the beginning. And the makers have not bothered to explain all that in the end by spoonfeeding. I hate that in movies. You pay attention here and you can stitch the behavior of the lead characters in the movie.

Also, kudos to Prithviraj for taking the role. Malayalam films are going through a very nice phase indeed.
Old 25th May 2013, 14:45   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Second that. Wonderful, wonderful movie. Nice to see such movies run to packed houses as well. The claps which Vijay Sethupathi will rival many masala heroes.

Please watch the movie if not already done
He is already a mass hero no doubts about that. Three films, three different characters way to go man. Am now easterly waiting for Pannaiyarum Padmini, another from the stables of "Nalaya Iyakkunar" with Vijay Sethupathi as the lead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks