Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 23:06   #601
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My Malayali brethren, please suggest me some good Padmarajan flicks. Njan Gandharvan, Thoovanathumbikal, Moonam Pakkam, what else?
1. Namakku Parkan Munthirithoppukal
2. Innale
3. Aparan
4. Koodevide

These are some definetely worth watching. 1st is just masterpiece.
Old 9th July 2014, 00:42   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Bangalore days - It isn't easy to make a feel good movie with a predictable story line and without any major twists and turns but Anjaly Menon has succeeded in making a feel good entertainer. It's a fun movie. Bangalore Days is all about the life of 3 cousins and their bonding. All the lead actors have equal screen space and they have done their part well. Script and direction is superb. Sameer Thahir's cinematography is a major plus, especially during the motocross race scenes. The usual Gopisunder magic is missing here but music isn't that bad. I'm not sure if it's right to mention it as a drawback but at close to 3 hours, the movie is a bit long. It's easy to say that it should have been trimmed but each scene in this movie has a beauty of its own. Don't expect another Ustad Hotel. It's a good timespass movie.
My Rating- 8/10
Watched this movie and I kind of agree with you. It takes the viewer by surprise and gets the fresh treatment because it stays away from the triangular love story that we are so used to. I enjoyed the movie. The songs were also good. I would give a rating of 7, because Ustad Hotel was at a way higher level for me.
Old 19th July 2014, 23:03   #603
Senior - BHPian

Velai Illa Pattadhaari is a sumptuous treat for Dhanush fans. A mass film of a tamil superstar can't be more realistic than this. A good paisa vasool entertainer. 7.5/10
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:17   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
A mass film of a tamil superstar can't be more realistic than this.
Easily the best actor of this generation in India at the moment. The intensity he brings into a scene within seconds is just mind boggling. The scene where he does the household chores after his mom's death is just one example of that. Respect!

The music by the 21 year old Anirudh is Pulsating.

These guys are easily setting the screen on fire as if everybody else can do it.

Sheer arrogance in confidence!!!
Old 24th July 2014, 01:29   #605
BHPian

Watched Bangalore days went for the movie for just one reason.. So far this is the longest running malayalam film in chennai. A movie targetting youths, very much associated with keralites and their fascination towards Bangalore, I saw that during my college days with my mallu classmates..
Very fresh and lite movie. I liked the back ground score and songs.. Some of them are "inspired" never mind it's very soothing to hear. I think Gopi Sundar loves guitar and it sounds magical in songs and also in bgm.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:38   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikramadithyan:

Watchable flick. The lead actors did a great job especially Dulquer and could be a good comeback for Unni Mukundan although there's nothing outstanding but did his role well. Lena and Anoop Menon who took up a serious role in this was really good. Good camera work but music could have been better.

Verdict - Watchable
Rating - 7/10
Old 29th July 2014, 21:58   #607
Senior - BHPian

Watched Kannada Drishya movie. Good movie and even after so many days the theatre was full.
Kodagu adds to the mysterious nature of the movie and Ravichandran and others have done a realistic job.
Old 30th July 2014, 13:00   #608
Senior - BHPian

sathuranga vettai(Tamil):
Amazingly different storyline! Its a story about a con artist who is out to make some quick money using people's greed. If you are tired of usual masala films then this is the movie you should watch, everything was perfect but sadly ending was predictable.
My rating:7/10
Old 30th July 2014, 13:20   #609
BHPian

Watched Arima Nambi (Tamil):
You can spend money & time on this one.
Story about how a young fellow gets tangled into a big shot's (Central Minister) murder mess. How he is made to run for his life & finally how he nails the Minister.
The climax was predictable but the narration was interesting.
The Current advances in telecommunications are being showcased in recent movies, so that's a relief.
Some parts don't have logic like the Minister makes the entire Police force to track & kill the hero & heroine. The pace of the movie makes up for the holes in the screen play.
Over all enjoyable.

Thanks.
Old 30th July 2014, 13:40   #610
Senior - BHPian

Vishwaroopam (Tamil) with English subtitles as I cannot understand Tamil.

Rating - 5/5

WHAT a story, what acting, Kamal Hassan is amazing, the story is amazing, Rahul Bose has done a fantastic job. This is a MUST MUST watch.

PS: The scene where in he asks the terrorist if he can pray and then the prayer he says and then transforms into a fighting machine is just so cool.
Old 4th August 2014, 06:58   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Avatharam:

Runway+Chess=Avatharam. All his movies have the same plot. There's nothing positive to say in the movie expect for one good song which Dileep spoiled with his dance moves. I dont know why they chose her as the female lead. Absolutely no life in her acting. Humor is absolutely nil considering Dileep's previous movies. I dont recommend the movie.

Verdict - Can be avoided
Rating - 4/10
Old 4th August 2014, 08:04   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Watched Kannada Drishya movie. Good movie and even after so many days the theatre was full.
Kodagu adds to the mysterious nature of the movie and Ravichandran and others have done a realistic job.
+1 . It was a nice movie. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Mind blowing finish.
Old 4th August 2014, 08:15   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
+1 . It was a nice movie. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Mind blowing finish.
Isn't that the remake of the Malayalam one 'Drishyam'? The plot by Jeethu Joseph is well thought out.

Read Kamal Hassan is starring in the Tamil one.
Old 4th August 2014, 08:32   #614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Isn't that the remake of the Malayalam one 'Drishyam'? The plot by Jeethu Joseph is well thought out.

Read Kamal Hassan is starring in the Tamil one.
Yes, I guess the remake is out in Telugu as well.

Watched 7th Day yesterday. Probably an effort to cash on Prithviraj's previous two successful police movies - Mumbai Police and Memories. This one felt like a wannabe thriller, with the leading man mouthing some English lines in between - so much to look cool!
Old 11th August 2014, 20:31   #615
Senior - BHPian

Vikramadithyan- Just a timepass movie. Missing that Laljose Magic which was last seen in Diamond Necklace. 6/10

Manglish- A movie for the fans of Big M. Story is similar to that of Thuruppugulan. I would rate this below average. 5/10

Apothicary- A very relavant theme spoiled by boring presentation. Go for it only if you're used to watching slow paced, serious movies. Jayasurya is brilliant, Suresh Gopi makes a good comeback and even Asif Ali has managed to perform well. Only if the direction and BGM would have been taken care of, this would have turned out to be a great movie. 7/10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks