Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 08:25   #631
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I completely rely on the ratings on this thread for viewing Malayalam movies. The reviews are spot on and consistent. I suggest you to browse through the pages in rev chrono order and get the list of must watch movies. Trust me, it would be worth the effort.
Thanks, Bejoy! Am doing what you suggested right now, only thing is there is a lot to go through :(

Somehow I overlooked Kannada movies. Saw Lucia yesterday after reading the reviews here and found it very interesting.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:26   #632
BHPian

Watched VIP last week. Is a watchable and engaging movie. Would give it 6.5/10.
With the hype created earlier-on, I thought it would be a few notches higher. Of-course Danush's acting is the highlight. In certain scenes in the 2nd-half, i was reminded of Rajini though.
Old 11th September 2014, 23:59   #633
Senior - BHPian

Rajadhiraja- I was all prepared to watch a 'mass entertainer' and still came back disappointed. Siby-Udayan's script was crap, as usual. Director has done a decent job. Songs and choreography were too bad. I beleive Mammootty should stop doing such superhero roles since he doesn't look fit for those roles anymore.

My Rating- 5/10.
Old 16th September 2014, 18:22   #634
Senior - BHPian

Sapthamasree Thaskara - The movie is about 7 men who meet in a prison and how they plan and execute a massive robbery. Chemban Vinod Jose, Neeraj Madhav and Sudheer Karamana were brilliant. Asif Ali was surprisingly good. Prithviraj didn't have much to perform. The script isn't perfect. The 1st half had many good moments. There were some logical errors in the 2nd half. Eventhough the movie isn't as good as the director's first movie (North 24 Katham), Anil Radhakrishnan Menon has succeeded in making a fairly good entertainer. Watch it without much expectations.

My Rating- 7/10
Old 20th September 2014, 00:55   #635
Senior - BHPian

Njan is a typical off beat movie. This movie is
certainly not for those who watch movies just
as entertainers. It's worth a watch for serious
movie lovers. Brilliant performance from
Dulquer, Renji Panicker, Suresh Krishna,
Muthumani etc.
Old 21st September 2014, 22:56   #636
BHPian

I second Anand's comment on Sapthamasree Thaskara. I expected this movie to be on the level of North 24 Kadham but then had to return disappointed. I'll give 5 out 10 but as usual all the characters have made justice to their role and I believe the screenplay is what went wrong.
Cheers
Old 22nd September 2014, 06:45   #637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Sapthamasree Thaskara - The movie is about 7 men who meet in a prison and how they plan and execute a massive robbery. Chemban Vinod Jose, Neeraj Madhav and Sudheer Karamana were brilliant. Asif Ali was surprisingly good. Prithviraj didn't have much to perform. The script isn't perfect. The 1st half had many good moments. There were some logical errors in the 2nd half. Eventhough the movie isn't as good as the director's first movie (North 24 Katham), Anil Radhakrishnan Menon has succeeded in making a fairly good entertainer. Watch it without much expectations.

My Rating- 7/10
I havent watched the movie, but just reading the opening description alone, it seems to be inspired from the story of 'The Usual Suspects'.
Old 22nd September 2014, 06:51   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I havent watched the movie, but just reading the opening description alone, it seems to be inspired from the story of 'The Usual Suspects'.
Its actually more of 'Oceans 11' series.

The execution is actually nice in parts and the story adapted nicely for a mallu audience- but there are places where the script loses connection and makes several errors. Overall, an average watch with some good humour thrown in several times.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:40   #639
BHPian

Am I the one who feels that some of the casting of Bangalore Days movie resembles a lot of Rock On Hindi movie ?
Anybody else felt the same ?
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:17   #640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Am I the one who feels that some of the casting of Bangalore Days movie resembles a lot of Rock On Hindi movie ?
Anybody else felt the same ?
Only a bit. The similarity is only to the point of hiding the past identity. The premises and reasons are different. Overall, a very good movie. I like movies which are not rushing, and just go with the story. Only when the movie finished I noticed that it went on for close to 3 hours
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:43   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Only a bit. The similarity is only to the point of hiding the past identity. The premises and reasons are different. Overall, a very good movie. I like movies which are not rushing, and just go with the story. Only when the movie finished I noticed that it went on for close to 3 hours
Of course a nice "feel good" movie.

But felt couple of characters are "inspired" (though not copied as such) from Rock On. I could not resist my thinking about from which movie it was inspired till about 2.5 hrs.

Now, with the puzzle solved, would like to watch it again with an open mind.

Of course loved the way Bangalore was shown in the movie, not the Bangalore which I experience every day.
If only wishes were horses
Old 25th September 2014, 23:44   #642
Senior - BHPian

Vellimoonga has a very simple story line and backdrop but still manages to entertain us and that too in a very good way. All thanks to the good humour and natutal presentation of the story. Biju Menon scores with his comic timing and Aju Varghese gives ample support. Director Jibu Jacob has made a fairly good debut. This is one of those rare movies (of these days) which would appeal to both youth and family audience.

My Rating- 7.5/10
Old 26th September 2014, 10:15   #643
BHPian

Timepass (Marathi) - Delightful movie about teenage love. Good direction and performances by the entire case.

Rating - 8/10

Kevi Rite Jaish (Gujarati) - A modern day tale on the Patel community in Ahmedabad where most youngsters aspire to go to USA and set up motels. A hilarious drama on a youth and his father who are fanatic to go to US and settle there, but are consistently denied visa by the US consulate.

Highly recommended.

Rating - 9/10
Old 27th September 2014, 22:21   #644
Senior - BHPian

Money Rathnam is a comedy thriller which manages to entertain us to an extend. Fahad is the saving grace of the movie. He excels with the slapstick humour and also does the action scenes with elan. Script has some good moments but is slow and predictable in the second half. Cinematography was good and puts some life into the not so engaging script. Debutant director Santhosh Nair has managed to present it as a good entertainer.
Overall, its a one time watchable, time pass movie.

My Rating- 6.5/10
Old 27th September 2014, 23:22   #645
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a few friends that 'madras' is worth a watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks