Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2015, 16:56   #841
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Watched Masan during their Bengaluru premiere & interacted with crew as well. Without doubt one of the best movies of 2015. Has anyone watched Killa marathi movie ?
I will definitely recommend Killa, it's a good break from the usual Bollywood Crap. The story line, characters, acting and direction is understated and everything binds well.

The Konkan landscape has been beautifully depicted in the movie.

Do also consider watching another brilliant Marathi movie - Fandry.

Last edited by trek : 5th December 2015 at 16:59.
Old 13th December 2015, 11:43   #842
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Su.. Su... Sudhi Vathmeekam (Malayaam)

A very good movie describing the ups and downs in life of a stammerer, and how he overcomes his problems and succeds in life.

A difficult subject dealt very well by the director. He has managed to merge in some clean comedy as well. Good performance from Jayasurya and the other supporting cast.

Overall Rating : 8/10 .
Old 28th December 2015, 16:46   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Adi Kapyare Kootamani -Malayalam- Dhyan Sreenivasan, Aju Varghese, Neeraj Madhav, Namitha Pramod.

Went for this as we did not get tickets for the more high profile malayalam christmas releases. Not much of a story, a girl getting stuck in a boys hostel and the antics of the 4 guys trying to get her out. But works pretty well. Plenty of laugh aloud moments and situations make it a fun watch. Was little apprehensive on the content after seeing the boys hostel theme coupled with the new gen actors since we went with kids. But the comedy was pretty good and at no point vulgar (apart from maybe a couple of instances). Neeraj Madhav and Aju varghese did a good job, Dhyan Sreenivasan has a long way to go before he can match his illustrious dad. Mukesh and Bijukuttan performed well.

All in all, a festival entertainer. If you enjoyed the Prithvi-Jayasurya-Indrajith movie Amar, Akbar, Antony, you will enjoy this one also.

Rating: 3/5
Old 30th December 2015, 15:15   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Was little apprehensive on the content after seeing the boys hostel theme coupled with the new gen actors since we went with kids.
Looks like you haven't heard the comedy story that forms the title of the movie, else you would have never tried it out.

I have heard people (kids, ladies too) humming the song "Vasco da gama went to a drama" from the movie Chotta Mumbai without knowing the actual lyrics from where the song was adapted.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:01   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched couple of slightly old Malayalam movies.

100 days of love : A decent movie which is a one time watch. Over time, I have become a big fan of clean comedy and this movie does provide some instances of it.

Ayal Njanalla : Again, a one time watch. The first half is boring and then some good moments in the second half. There are some clean comedy moments in this too.

Would rate both at a 2.5/5

Chirakodinja Kinavukal : Another one time watch and a clean entertainer too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th December 2015 at 20:07.
Old 30th December 2015, 23:12   #846
BHPian

5 stars ✨ for pasanga 2 haiku(tamil). Must watch for all parents.
Old 31st December 2015, 10:18   #847
Senior - BHPian

Watched the malayalam flick Charlie at Cinepolis, Pune on Xmas night. Dulquer has acted like a flowing stream, opened up himself as and was living in it as a crazy man. Liked him a lot and the way the movie is taken. Apart, there is not a story that runs deep. Mostly it is the characterization of Dulquer. One time watch.

My take: 3/5
Old 31st December 2015, 12:14   #848
Team-BHP Support

Got to watch a few not-so-new Malayalam movies:
  1. Loham (3/5): Watched it without much expectations (due to the bad reviews), but it was quite an okay movie. Its quite well shot, but gives a feeling of something amiss.
  2. Jilebi (3.5/5): Did not even remember hearing about this movie earlier, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise. Loved for its simplicity.
  3. Kohinoor (2.5/5): Except for the late 80s / early 90s feel, nothing much going for it, still quite watchable. The best part for me was the presence of that awesome Yezdi Roadking
  4. Acha Din (0.5/5): Bura Din, avoid!
  5. Kanal (2/5): I thought the storyline was ok, but overall a lackluster affair.
  6. Life of Josutty (4/5): Some may find it a bit on the slow/boring side, but I loved the flow of the movie, and all the actors did their part really well.
  7. Rani Padmini (4.5/5): Just awesome!
Old 31st December 2015, 14:27   #849
BHPian

I am not sure whether we have an audience for Gujarati movies here. Watched a Gujarati film after almost a decade and felt like a breath of fresh air. 'Chello Divas' translates to 'Last Day' is a story about collegian friends and their adventures (mis-adventures). Does not have a great story line but the execution and acting is good.
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:57   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Watched the malayalam flick Charlie ....Apart, there is not a story that runs deep. Mostly it is the characterization of Dulquer. One time watch...
Agree with the above points. As to Dulquer, I am still not convinced that he is a class apart; there were couple of dialogues which could have been done better or he just couldn't deliver those with enough punch.

I was quite bored till just before the interval and the last scene before the interval held me back. Some of the locations are way too beautiful; otherwise, this is strictly a one time watch.
Old 6th January 2016, 09:24   #851
Team-BHP Support

100 Days of Love - 4.5/5

What a solid romantic movie! Loved the acting of Dulquer and Sekhar (the same fat dude who played the titular role in Da Thadiya). Dulquer and Nithya Menen makes quite a pair on screen! Bijibal’s background score was good too. The story appeared realistic as I could relate to a couple of instances of my friends from the grad days. Watched it with my wife and both of us loved it. Highly recommended!

Life of Josutty - 4/5

Never thought Dileep of all the people, could pull this off knowing he’s usually doing comedy flicks. But nicely done. It’s a s - l - o - w movie but progresses nicely and there were a few emotional sequences (had tears in my eyes on a couple of occasions) towards the climax. After Drishyam, we really didn’t want to miss a Jeethu Joseph movie. I felt all the cast played their respective roles really well especially Josutty's father and his close pal Geevarghese. A good weekend family entertainer.

Man, Jeethu seems obsessed with too many VFX and over-the-top sequences! This movie had a lot of those!

Chandrettan Evideya - 4/5

Man, this was a laugh riot! Anusree is an amazing actor - I loved her role in Diamond Necklace and this one was even better IMO. Awesome script, plenty of hilarious moments, excellent camerawork and the song - Vasanthamallika. This is definitely worth a watch for those who love comedy flicks.

Rani Padmini - 3/5

I’ll be honest with this - this one felt as if Aashiq Abu tried doing a Delhi Belly along with some Raid De Himalaya bits and failed at it. I had high hopes especially after a few friends recommended it and having read a recent cover feature of Manju Warrier in the Vanitha magazine, describing her adventures in J&K along with Rima Kallingal as a part of this movie shoot.

Name:  vanitha manju warrier.png
Views: 2554
Size:  848.9 KB
Old 6th January 2016, 10:07   #852
BHPian

I watched the Malayalam movie Charlie on the 29th of last month. I heard good reviews and hence went with family. The movie seems confused and directionless beyond a point. It fails to reach the direction or the heights that the director seems to have wanted to and lacks a coherence which one would expect.
It is not a bad movie but could have been a lot better. Dulquer is fine but again not one of his better performances. Parvathy Menon too has done a decent job but she was better in Moideen and even Bangalore Days

I would give a 2.5 rating for the movie.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:28   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Christmas Vacation in Kerala and a good time to watch movies. managed to watch all the seasons releases. (All Malayalam)

Charlie: Seeing great reviews, went with a lot of expectations. Was a decent watch, but did not find it extra ordinary. Deals with a girls search for nomadic character after getting fascinated with him after getting details in the room where he used to stay before. Dulquer did a good job and the whole film depends on him, Parvathy was good but not a role that was really challenging for her. Aparna Gopinath also does a good job in a small role.

Rating 2.5/5

Jo and the Boy (Manju Warrier): A good story thread spoilt by the over focus on Manju Warrier. At one point Manju doing her earlier days she was referred to as a 'Lady Mohanlal' and frankly this was kind of watching one of Lal's super hero flicks. Manju dances, mouths a lot of quotes, rebuilds a house and even fights some rowdies. Lots of scenes just focused on bringing out Manju's expressions and acting. In the midst of this the core theme-That of an animator trying to come up with a successful cartoon character and the relation ship with the boy (whom she bases the character on) gets diluted. Could have been much better. I think directors need to reduce the Manju worship and just focus on giving her good characters and not try to bring back the old Manju Warrier.

Rating: 2/5

Two Countries(Dileep, Mamta): A funny version of Life of Josooty. Dileep is a 'country' fellow making money with small scams in kerala. Ends up marrying Mamta from Canada who has her own set of problems. A fun one time watch with a lot of nice humour. Dileep-Mamta combo was very good and the rest of the cast also did pretty well. Good to see Dileep back into his situational comedy rather than pure slap stick. if you liked 'My Boss', you will like this.

Rating: 3.5/5

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th January 2016 at 10:31.
Old 13th January 2016, 08:29   #854
Team-BHP Support

Loham - 2.5/5

Man, what a clichéd story! The ending was easily predictable. Renjith has made some remarkable movies - Pranchiyettan and the Saint, Indian Rupee, Nandanam, Mizhirandilum, Ravanaprabhu etc. but this one was nowhere close. Even Spirit was a a lot more enjoyable! Good camera work though. Not the best of Renjith-Mohanlal combo I'd say.

Noticed that Mohanlal’s GL350 was used in the movie:

The Regional movies thread!-wp_20160111_21_29_08_pro.jpg

Please excuse Siddique’s stance.
Old 13th January 2016, 10:04   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
100 Days of Love - 4.5/5

What a solid romantic movie! Highly recommended!

Chandrettan Evideya - 4/5

Man, this was a laugh riot! This is definitely worth a watch for those who love comedy flicks.
Gannu; avoid that description. Its DJ Sekhar.

100 days and Chandrettan are fun film and Anusree polichu .

DQ and Parvathy did a good job in Charlie. Its a colorful movie with good songs.

Adi kappiyare Koota Mani: Went with lot of expectation but not in the league of Chandrettan .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks