Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:16   #886
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Caught up with Ennu Ninte Moideen - 5/5

Damn, what a movie! Both the lead actors gave their best. The BGM from Gopi Sunder was kickass! The screenplay adapted for the movie is different from the real life of Kanchanamala and Moideen (and Kanchana seems to have opposed it) but very nicely done. Slightly lengthy at 2 hours and 45 minutes!

What a lovely song this is especially with the Hindi bits thrown in.

Reminds me of Ustad Hotel's score.
Old 16th March 2016, 06:57   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Namaste

Went with zero expectations and had a feeling this would put me to sleep. I really never enjoyed Krishna Poojapura's script and dialogues as some of them were PJ's. But this was pretty ok. The lead actors did their role and wasnt special or extraordinary. The one that caught my eye was Soubin. He pushed the movie with his dialogues. No wonder he is coming up in all the latest movies and again in "Kali" and "Darvinte Parinamam".

It's a watchable movie and you wont feel bored.

Rating - 3/5
Old 16th March 2016, 10:40   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Damn, what a movie! Both the lead actors gave their best. The BGM from Gopi Sunder was kickass! The screenplay adapted for the movie is different from the real life of Kanchanamala and Moideen (and Kanchana seems to have opposed it) but very nicely done. Slightly lengthy at 2 hours and 45 minutes!
Do you have a source for that line of story?
Old 16th March 2016, 10:47   #889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Do you have a source for that line of story?
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/prithvirajs...eleases-610997
Old 18th March 2016, 21:49   #890
Senior - BHPian

Darwinte Parinamam (Malayalam) :: Prithviraj, who’s enjoying the success of 4 consecutive films, is back on screen with his new movie Darwinte Parinamam. The basic theme is the age old ‘hero being denied justice and he takes law into his hands’ story but the makers have tried to show the variety in the way hero has his revenge. While these kind of movies are usually presented as action thrillers, here director Jijo Antony narrates the story with ample dosage of situational humor. Story revolves around the life of an ordinary man (Prithvi) and a local goon (Chemban Vinod) and how some events affect their lives. Considering Prithvi’s recent superhits, this is just an average movie at best. Apart from the performance of the lead actors there’s not much to write home about. Prithvi, Chemban and Chandini have done justice to their roles and Soubin, even though his screen space was limited, was hilarious.

Darwinte Parinamam could be a one time watchable movie if you keep your expectations low.

My Rating- 6/10

Last edited by Anand123 : 18th March 2016 at 21:51.
Old 19th March 2016, 00:29   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Based on your link, Kanchana said:

Quote:
Kanchana claims that the film puts her and her family in bad light and that she would end up committing suicide if the film is released.
Since she is still alive, I assume she is gung-ho with the movie.

I haven't watched the movie yet since I am not a fan of Prithviraj, but I love the music and I am hoping to watch it soon.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 19th March 2016 at 00:30.
Old 23rd March 2016, 06:53   #892
Distinguished - BHPian

Darvinte Parinamam

BHPian Anand pointed out all what I had to say. The first half is a drag and it's boring. Action picks up after the interval but doesnt mean it's super entertaining. Soubin was hilarious but felt he went overboard. The BGM and music was pretty good considering that this was his debut. Chemban Vinod was way too serious, Prithviraj did his role well.

Rating - 2/5
A one time watch and definitely wont recommend theater.
Old 27th March 2016, 08:41   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Kali(Rage)-Malayalam-Dulquer Salman-Sai Pallavi.

A film about a short tempered man and how his temper causes various incidents finally leading to one incident which results in things becoming really serious.

Overall felt it to be an average watch. Initial build up and chemistry between the lead pair is good. A good interval scene followed by a good initial build up and then somehow fizzles out into an ordinary climax and ending.

Dulquer puts in an excellent performance and Sai Pallavi is good ( Malayalam self dubbing seemed to a struggle) Soubin raises a few laughs and Chemben Vinod Jose does a good job. Running time of less than 2 hours makes it a reasonable watch.

Rating: 2.5/5

Note: There is a big flaw in the movie that folks who regularly drive the Mudumalai/Bandipur forest route from Kerala or Bangalore will notice.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th March 2016 at 08:49.
Old 29th March 2016, 23:07   #894
Senior - BHPian

Kali (Malayalam) :: Sidharth, a bank employee, who has anger management issues, how this nature of his lands him in trouble and how he deals with it forms the crux of the story. Dulquer, Sai Pallavi, Chemban Vinod and Vinayakan are brilliant. Chemistry between Dulquer and Sai was good. Sai Pallavi deserves special appreciation for her efforts to dub in malayalam. Her unusual voice did bring in some freshness into the character. Even though it's a simple plot, it has been well written and executed. Vivek Harshan's slick cuts are to be noted. Gopi Sundar's songs didn't rise up to his standards but was good enough. Background score syncs well, especially in the intense post-interval scenes.

With a slightly more hard hitting second half, Kali could have been as good as NH10 (Hindi movie) but is still worth a watch. A decent thriller.

My Rating- 7/10

Last edited by Anand123 : 29th March 2016 at 23:08.
Old 15th April 2016, 13:11   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Jacobinte Swargarajyam-Malayalam-Nivin Pauly-Vineet Sreenivasan: A film based on a true story. Story of a rich businessman (Renji Panikker) and his family in Dubai. Most of the first half deals with showcasing the concept of how family is the most important thing in the world, then an incident happens and focus shifts to Nivin (Eldest son of Renji Panikker). Rest of the film deals with how the family copes and comes out of the bad situation they were in.

Renji Panikker is excellent and as long has he is around there is an energy and some good scenes and dialogues. Once the focus shifts, the film becomes a little slow. The whole part of Nivin rescuing the family from all the issues lacks depth and is a little vague.

Overall Vineet Sreenivasan's skill as a director and some good performances interspersed with humor makes it a one time watch. Renji Panikker stands out with what is one of his best performances. Rest of the cast is also pretty good. No role for the heroines.

Rating: 2.5/5
Old 15th April 2016, 16:11   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Renji Panikker is excellent and as long has he is around there is an energy and some good scenes and dialogues. Once the focus shifts, the film becomes a little slow. The whole part of Nivin rescuing the family from all the issues lacks depth and is a little vague.
Disagree on the Nivin part. All these time I had been thinking Nivin is more hyped than actual, but this film made me think otherwise. As the second half focuses on Nivin, he never tries to out-shadow the other cast; this is highly unlike many an upcoming superstar. Not a moment we think he is Nivin it is just the character throughout. Hats off to Vineeth Srinivasan for such an awesome narration.

The film is full of positivity which is why I liked it so much; it is a gem among all other films where somehow or other, negativity creeps in to exploit the sentiments of the viewer. No such gimmicks here as it is a true story. The film is not about heroism, love life or action; just plain life. Renji Panikker is the one who triggers all the positivity and the movie continues on the same line. My hero of the movie is Lekshmy Ramakrishnan (rather Shirly in the movie).

The only grouse I have is of Vineeth's cameo role. His scenes are becoming predictable. At least he should show more seriousness (I mean, literally put on serious face) than a smiling face which gives away the clue to the plot easily.
Old 15th April 2016, 16:22   #897
BHPian

Hope its not late for a review of Kali, the Malayalam movie.
Kali in Malayalam means anger. The film starts by showing various instances of a short tempered man reacting to situations that others might consider silly.
But the second half shows how things can escalate and lead to dire consequences. Its also a lesson on road rage and how that can lead to situations that one never imagined on.

A good one time watch. Dulquer does a good job and so does Chemban Vinod.

Quote:
Note: There is a big flaw in the movie that folks who regularly drive the Mudumalai/Bandipur forest route from Kerala or Bangalore will notice.
Is this about the sign board that shows the distances?
Old 15th April 2016, 19:50   #898
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post

Is this about the sign board that shows the distances?
Night driving is not allowed on the Mudumalai/Bandipur forest route and after all its a movie and you could twist it any which way you want.
Old 16th April 2016, 00:19   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Kali in Malayalam means anger.
I thought it meant "fit of rage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Disagree on the Nivin part. All these time I had been thinking Nivin is more hyped than actual, but this film made me think otherwise.

The only grouse I have is of Vineeth's cameo role.
Watched it in PVR Phoenix Market City, and found it to be a pleasant family movie -- Good timespass to watch with family, but that's about it.

Nivin has been playing stereotypical roles in pretty much all the movies I have seen him in, and this one is no different. Vineeth has been playing the "knight in shining armour" for a tortuously long time too.

Quote:
The whole part of Nivin rescuing the family from all the issues lacks depth and is a little vague.
You have hit the nail on it's head. For starters, it is ridiculous to think that an individual could have coerced Interpol to issue a lookout notice. Well it is the UAE after all, so anything can happen. That aside, the part about the travel agency and not much about steel trading and most importantly, no nerves of steel, makes you wonder how much of a fairy tale this is.

Still, I think this is a decent movie (2.5/5) for some family bonding and 2.5 hours to kill.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:58   #900
BHPian

Jacobinte Swargarajyam ::

I found the movie a tad long & thus boring. Kids were really fed up with all the melodrama, why just kids, me too . Story is not so as taut and it really drags.

Rating : 2 / 5

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th April 2016 at 09:06. Reason: Was not able to do it from Iphone app

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks