Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:26   #931
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

***My opinion***

1. The theme and story line is fantastic - fighting for a common cause.
2. No glamour solicited through women which is good.
3. The transition of how a common man Kabali became 'the kabali - a good gangster' isn't intense enough. For example Dhanush's transition in movie Pudupettai was stunning. I am sure Rajini deserves more. A little disappointment there!!!

A great treat for Rajini fans! Everyone would love it :-)

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 22nd July 2016 at 15:30.
Old 22nd July 2016, 20:30   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Keep yourself open, watch the movie and enjoy your weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, the movie doesn't have a gripping screenplay and its slow paced.

But it was my first ever Rajini movie in a theatre and I watched it with 50 of my colleagues, so it was fun.
Thank you guys. Not sure if I would be able to go for it over the weekend though because of work!
Old 26th July 2016, 19:26   #933
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Kabali:
Don't watch the movie with any specific expectations from a Rajini movie and don't compare with his earlier hit movies.
With that mindset, it is worth a watch.

It was nice watching the movie in IMAX (2D) and just about 30 odd people in the entire movie hall, we had the entire row to ourselves

I think the plot/story had a lot of potential and could have been an Indian style Godfather type classic movie, but somehow the screenplay has failed to take to it to higher levels.

Last edited by NPV : 26th July 2016 at 19:27.
Old 27th July 2016, 10:39   #934
BHPian

Anuragha Karikkin Vellam-Malayalam

Went for this yesterday. It is an average movie. Have a few good laughs. First half is good. Second half is a bit laboured. Biju Menon is fine. Asif Ali (by his own standards) is better and has managed a 'passable' job. Asha Sarath is stiff, as usual. The heroine, Rajisha, (i had to google her) has done a very good job especially considering this is her debut. Hers is the performance of the movie and her character Eli (short for Elizabeth) is both likeable and irritating at the same time. There is a freshness to this character which i found endearing. Worth a watch..

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 27th July 2016 at 10:40.
Old 14th August 2016, 18:21   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretham (Malayalam) :

A new gen ghost story as I read in a review. Its definitely a one time watch and you wouldn't miss even if skipped in Cinemas. I liked the sound effect & a bit of comedy. Otherwise, its a very straight forward movie with no twists & is neither grippy.

My rating 2/5

Marubhoomiyile Aana (Malayalam)

Skip it, you wouldn't miss it at all. Am still trying to recollect any worth while moments. And I got it - A golden Hummer (for less than 10s). That's it. I have had huge respect for V.K.Prakash after 'Beautiful', sadly he is going downwards with all the recent movie.

My rating 1/5

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th August 2016 at 18:24.
Old 14th August 2016, 18:40   #936
BHPian

Action Hero Biju (Malayalam) - 4.5/5

Very realistic story and characters tied to real life events of modern times. Shows police officers in the most humane way when compared to d Tamil absurd characters. A must watch in my opinion and never a dull moment too. It was so enjoyable that I've watched it more than a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pretham (Malayalam) :

My rating 2/5
Was actually thinking of watching this tomorrow. Thank you for saving the pain. Scheduled a rescreening of the comedy 'Vellimoong'a instead.

Last edited by johannskaria : 14th August 2016 at 18:45.
Old 15th August 2016, 18:09   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Gappi (Malayalam):

A very good movie. The good part is, this (story) could very well be happening in real life. A bunch of very good & enjoyable comedy too. This came as a revelation after two disasters (posted previously). The kid has done a pretty good job too.

Would have loved to have good songs in the movie, but a bit disappointed on that front.

My rating - 4/5. DEFINITE WATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
...Was actually thinking of watching this tomorrow. Thank you for saving the pain. Scheduled a rescreening of the comedy 'Vellimoong'a instead.
Vellimoonga is a better movie anyday, if you ask me.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th August 2016 at 18:20.
Old 17th August 2016, 23:18   #938
BHPian

Loved the LAAL RANG ( Hindi ) movie on Netflix .
The story revolves very much on the current blood bank situation in India . Love ,betrayal , friendship , business ethics are few points expressed very clearly by the director in the movie.
A must watch !!!
Old 22nd August 2016, 20:10   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Anuraga Karikkin Vellam (Malayalam) :

Quite an entertaining movie. Quite a realistic theme too. Asif Ali is so natural in certain scenes. The one who takes the lime light is Rajisha Vijayan who made her debut through this movie. The impression she leaves is quite deep, made me feel I should've a girl friend like her.

My rating : 3/5. You wouldn't be disappointed.
Old 1st September 2016, 02:39   #940
Senior - BHPian

Kammatipaadam (Malayalam)- Found the movie quite refreshing, the pace of the movie is very slow, though. I also liked Annayum Rasoolum, Rajeev ravi's first movie.

The cast has done good justice for the respective roles.

3.5/5
Old 10th September 2016, 13:28   #941
BHPian

Watched Oozham just now. Strictly average. It's a typical revenge story but the way Prithviraj takes revenge is different. Never felt the excitement during the show. Just went through the motion.
My rating would be 2/5.

P.S. - there is one glaring error in the climax scene. Hope BHPians will surely pick it up.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 10th September 2016 at 13:29.
Old 12th September 2016, 12:09   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Rani Padmini (Malayalam):

A one time watch at the max. Lovely & peppy first half, but the second half drags like crazy. The highlight is the location - the beautiful Himalayas have been exploited well. Second half feels more like a tourism promo to me. A bit if INRC topped up makes it nice for us enthusiasts but quite a lot of disconnect in those scenes.

A bunch of good comedy too in the first half.

Rating : 2/5

Leela (Malayalam):

A short & fast paced movie. Good acting by all the cast and happy to see Vijayaraghavan & Jagadeesh taking up very very different roles and successfully living upto it. Even Parvathy Nambiar's acting is brilliant (those lifeless eyes are the best part of her character).

It's a good watch.

Rating : 3/5
Old 13th September 2016, 13:22   #943
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'oppam' and I liked it. Stellar performance by Mohanlal!

Some of the shots are breathtaking. And I also loved the first song. But the screenplay could have been a little more tight.

Feels great to have watched a good one from the old dream team of malayalam cinema.
Old 13th September 2016, 16:33   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some of the shots are breathtaking. And I also loved the first song. But the screenplay could have been a little more tight.

Feels great to have watched a good one from the old dream team of malayalam cinema.
Me too watched last Sunday. Super movie. Yes, the dream team Lalettan, Priyan & MGS are back with a bang

By the way did you watch Pulimurugan Trailer?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 13th September 2016, 16:56   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Me too watched last Sunday. Super movie. Yes, the dream team Lalettan, Priyan & MGS are back with a bang

Me too watched Oppam. Liked it. But after seeing the reviews my expectations were higher. Few loose threads could have been handled better. Brilliantly shot as is expected from Priyan

Brilliant performance by Mohanlal ensures that the weaker plot elements can be overlooked. The way he sinks in when he gets a good character is amazing. Will actually realize how simple he made it look when you watch it multiple times. I felt this with Drishyam also. Looks to be on the way to become one of the biggest grossers in history.

Recently also watched 'Ann Maria Kalippilanu', 'Kismat', "Karikunnam 6s' and 'Happy Wedding' .All of them decent pass time watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
By the way did you watch Pulimurugan Trailer?
Cheers!

Vinu
Pulimurugan has me worried. Anytime there has been a huge hype over one of his movies , it has failed in a big way. The trailer looks wonderful from the way it has been shot-Skeptical about the story content though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks