Team-BHP - The Regional movies thread!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Regional movies thread! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/56597-regional-movies-thread-7.html)

YouTube - Angel John- Official Trailer
24th release date .
guys please watch it when it releases and give honest reviews :)

Has no one watched Pazhasi Raja so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1539002)

Not yet. Too much rush and ticket prices > Rs.150 and some corporates had purchased tickets in bulk !

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1539002)

I was just going to ask this question!

But, it seems that this movie has made a single (release day) earning record for a Mallu movie (previous record by 20-20) ! If I remember correct, it was to the tune of 1.85 crores or something.

Watched pazhassiraja. The movie rocks. Amazing sound effects.Never see such tratment in malayalam . Mamooty is excellent .Sarath kumar, padmapriya, manoj k jayan also acted very well. I strongly recommend everyone to watch this fim

overall 4.5/5:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajai (Post 1540493)
Watched pazhassiraja. The movie rocks. Amazing sound effects.Never see such tratment in malayalam . Mamooty is excellent .Sarath kumar, padmapriya, manoj k jayan also acted very well. I strongly recommend everyone to watch this fim

overall 4.5/5:Cheering:

Aye aye sir.

And sound, the Oscar man did it!

Now that's a good news. Planning to watch it this weekend:-)

I've already watched Pazhashiraja 2 times. Super film guys...MAMMOOTTY, SARATH KUMAR, MANOJ.K.JAYAN & PADMAPRIYA rocks. Its the best film ever made in Malayalam. Don't get surprised if this film reaches the Oscars.

Thirakkatha

Director Ranjith's moie which seems to heavily borrow from actress Shreevidhya's life story stars Prithviraj, Priya Mani, Anoop Menon and Samvritha Sunil.

Prithviraj stars as a movie director who following his smash debut film, decides to make a movie on the lives of the yesteryears superstar couple, of which Anoop Menon is the current toast of the industry, while his lady love and former star played by Priya Mani has long been forgotten having gone out of the limelight.

Priya Mani revels in the role of a lifetime, with an excellent performance, while Anoop Menon gives a commendable performance as well. Prothviraj underplays his role, but carries it off oh-so-well. A good soundtrack score adds to the experience, and the story keeps you riveted.

Dont miss.

Bennyboy Rating : ****

The Regional movies thread!-thirakadhasrividyapriyamani.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 1542246)
I've already watched Pazhashiraja 2 times. Super film guys...MAMMOOTTY, SARATH KUMAR, MANOJ.K.JAYAN & PADMAPRIYA rocks. Its the best film ever made in Malayalam. Don't get surprised if this film reaches the Oscars.

I doubt about oscar, bad job with editing, make up, stunt works which stand out loud. They should have rectified it.

Its a good film with great performance from Sarath Kumar, Manoj K Jayan. Mammooty's potential wasn't used much but he fitted the role very well. Two many actors in this film in various roles. Good job with sound and photography.

A film to see if you are patriotic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1552601)
Thirakkatha

Attachment 216996

I dint know the story when I went to see and hence loved it . Nice film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1552629)
I dint know the story when I went to see and hence loved it . Nice film.

Neither did i. Even when i read aloud the tribute to Shreevidya at the beginning of the film, it didn't strike me. It was only at the climax when the superstar comes to the hospital that my wife exclaimed that this was inspired by Shreevidya and Kamal Hassan's story.

Between, has anyone watched Ore Kadal? Comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1552687)
Between, has anyone watched Ore Kadal? Comments?

Ya, I've watched Ore Kadal. Its a wonderful movie. Mammootty & Meera Jasmine are superb. I've been a fan of Shyamaprasad after watching the movie.

Some of my friends have seen ANGEL JOHN and they say that its one of the worst films released recently. Did anyone see it?

Speaking of Shyamaprasad, does anyone know how his latest film "Ritu" is doing? I thought the concept sounded interesting -- old friends getting back together after years and finding that their aspirations and outlooks have changed. But some friends of mine who watched it say the film's strictly avoidable. It apparently caricatures the IT/BPO industry and its youth, and the dialogue falls flat at places where it tries to convey pathos and emotion. I guess I'll reserve judgement till I've seen the movie.

I have seen Angel John.
although its not as epic as pazhazi raja it is an average movie and worth a watch or two.
Maybe im a bit biased to Lals movie's :)

Hey guys, please watch KERALA CAFE. Its one of the best films released this recently.