Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 07:41   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I am waiting for the DVDs to release which should be out soon.
Where do you buy DVDs (VCDs)? I usually do from maebag.com but haven't seen many of the movies I want to watch make an appearance there.

When I go to Kerala there are certain well-known stores, of course. But would like to know who has the best collection that can be ordered online.
Old 14th March 2019, 07:48   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Where do you buy DVDs (VCDs)?
I usually get it from Crossword (Lulu Mall and Panampilly Nagar) or Lulu Hypermarket but should be lucky to find good collections. Penta Menaka used to have many shops selling DVD's but no idea whether they still do.
Old 14th March 2019, 11:04   #1233
BHPian

Also want to add the review of another great movie!
Movie: Natsamrat
Language: Marathi
Cast: Nana Patekar
Rating: 5/5
It focuses on Ganpat, a Shakespearean actor who retired from theatre with the title of “Natsamrat”, or the “King of Acting” and his miserable life after that. Natsamrat is a fantastic watch with Nana Patekar’s acting completely stealing the show. Must watch. It draws on many parallels to Shakespeare’s “King Lear”

Last edited by balderash_12 : 14th March 2019 at 11:06. Reason: Adding the last line.
Old 1st April 2019, 10:08   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Movie: Lucifer (Malayalam with English Subtitles)
Rating: 3/5

Watched this movie last night. It is a good movie but not a great one. Mohanlal has done his role very well in a kind of understated elegance. His looks compliment the character. I felt the movie to be slow at times and the slow-motion shots does not help it either. The item song was completely unnecessary and they could have instead focused on the action scenes happening in the background and could have made it more dramatic.
Old 1st April 2019, 10:56   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post

..It is a good movie but not a great one....
I agree.

This review in the hindu news paper sums it up pretty much correctly.

Quote:
Lucifer is almost a diehard Mohanlal fan’s fantasy come true, but unfortunately it fails to rise above that.
Old 1st April 2019, 12:18   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Watched this movie last night.
So did I. In my view it doesn't deserve more than 2/5.

First, its insufferable length. The 10 PM show ended at 1:20 AM.

The item song (from a man who claimed a couple of years back that he wouldn't have anything disrespectful to women in his movies).

The whole "hero vanishes for a few years and returns with an enviable network, contacts and resources" trope presented as a fait accompli.

The plot is wafer-thin. The villain strikes against the hero. The hero counter-strikes, and it is all over.

And so on... The movie has nothing that we haven't seen in the past (and done better, in many cases).
Old 1st April 2019, 17:13   #1237
BHPian

Movie: Super Deluxe (Tamil)
Certified: A

This is one of the best Tamil film I've seen in a long long time. It has so many layers that it surely needs multiple watchings. Every frame is filled with details that we'll need to pause and absorb/observe everything. Not even a single unwanted scene. Vijay Sethupathi is one ballsy actor to have taken the role he did in this movie that too when he's at the peak of his career. Everyone has lived their roles and Yuvan's music is like a big brother that hand holds the entire movie. If you're a film lover don't miss it.

Some reviews.

Last edited by emkay.india : 1st April 2019 at 17:16.
Old 1st April 2019, 19:01   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I agree.
Quote:
So did I. In my view it doesn't deserve more than 2/5.
Yes, as an ardent Lalettan fan I will give it 4/5. I like these kind of movies than feel good ones. Last time it was Pulimurugan.

Now finger crossed for Lucifer 2.0 which may answer all the missing story-lines and links in the Part 1.

Cheers!
Old 1st April 2019, 20:56   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

I would give Lucifer a 3/5 purely because of the scale and some very good scenes that popped up occasionally. Tovino's scenes for example, the Lal- Vivek Oberoi first scene. Totally disappointed with the item song and on top of that it was pretty much never ending.

From a pure mass masala perspective- Pulimurugan was better.

All said and done, have to hand it to Lalettan for the kind of crowds he pulls in. 40 years in cinema and still no one can come close to creating that magic that happens when a Lal film clicks.
Old 1st April 2019, 21:39   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Movie: Super Deluxe (Tamil)
Certified: A

This is one of the best Tamil film I've seen in a long long time. It has so many layers that it surely needs multiple watchings....
+1 to it.

Watched it on saturday night and was spellbound by the unveiling in each frame. Some content may be difficult to digest, but would make sense in the end. needs few more watches to unravel more!
Old 2nd April 2019, 02:01   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Music in movies create atmosphere and emotion and to me both are inseparable but ever so often a single song like this one from Sid Sriram comes along that still takes me to that same level. Listen to this song with headphones for a real treat for all one's senses.

Old 2nd April 2019, 09:22   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Watched Lucifer yesterday and I will rate it 3/5 for normal moviegoers and 4/5 for die-hard Mohanlal fans.

I liked the understated elegance of Mohanlal's character - that Hindustan Landmaster with whitewalls was a treat for the eyes. The mass dialogue delivery of the move was from Tovino - his dialogue during his speech was better than Mohanlal's couple of one-liners.

Nothing which hasn't experimented yet or hasn't delivered better - but worth a one time watch.

Funnily, I felt that the screen time of Mohanlal was much less compared to other hero-centric movies, and I think his footwear got more screen time than him

PS: I think the shoes he wears is Salvatore Ferragamo. Am I correct?

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 2nd April 2019 at 09:23.
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:04   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Lucifer - would agree with all who have reviewed earlier. 4/5 for fans and probably 2/5 for others who would want to see a proper fleshed out Mohanlal character like he had done under the stalwart directors. Not as stale a storyline as Pulimurugan but nothing that Mohanlal has not done before
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:48   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Lucifer - 4/5 for fans and probably 2/5 for others who would want to see a proper fleshed out Mohanlal character
What about people like me, who are fans who also want to see a proper fleshed-out character? :-)

Not sure if anyone else noticed - but the two vehicles Mohanlal uses in the movie, an HM Ambassador and a Willys Jeep, both have the same number (KLT 666 and KLQ 666).
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:08   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about people like me, who are fans who also want to see a proper fleshed-out character? :-)

Not sure if anyone else noticed - but the two vehicles Mohanlal uses in the movie, an HM Ambassador and a Willys Jeep, both have the same number (KLT 666 and KLQ 666).
Count me among the fans who would like to watch a proper fleshed out character. But the fans in general are happy with God like characters being currently played by Mohanlal and the wait for us is going to be forever

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks