Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2019, 08:00   #1276
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Just wanted to say to all the South movie fans, your music rocks . Been coming across a lot of Kannada and Malayalam songs in the iTunes top songs list (I refer to the list for checking out & downloading new music).

Love the beats & melodies .
Old 16th May 2019, 08:12   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just wanted to say to all the South movie fans, your music rocks . Been coming across a lot of Kannada and Malayalam songs in the iTunes top songs list (I refer to the list for checking out & downloading new music).

Thanks GTO, same way here, I am a big fan of Marathi actors and movies. Just imagine the contribution of Marathi theater artists to Bollywood cinema, it is endless. I recently watched "TOLET" a tamil movie and it reminded me of my past when my father was trying to find a rental house in Bangalore in late 90's and our eventual migration to Bidar to avoid the rising living cost.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th May 2019 at 08:17.
Old 16th May 2019, 23:28   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Malayalam movie Lucifer now streaming on Amazon Prime ( along with Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions). Prime is slowly picking up its Malayalam.content. Was surprised to see Lucifer so soon considering it is still running in all main centers.
Old 17th May 2019, 13:43   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Amazon Prime bought the rights for whooping 13.5 Crs
In another news Lucifer grossed more than 200 Crs worldwide. First for a malayalam movie.

Now eagerly waiting for the #L2

Last edited by myavu : 17th May 2019 at 13:44.
Old 17th May 2019, 14:07   #1280
BHPian

Just watched Lucifer on Prime last night. Would rate it 3.5/5. No doubt the movie is a mass entertainer but loses its pace in between. Credits to Vivek Oberoi for his excellent performance.

Felt the movie was too long but overall a decent one time watch for Mohanlal fans.
Old 17th May 2019, 22:44   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Malayalam movie Lucifer now streaming on Amazon Prime (along with Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions). Prime is slowly picking up its Malayalam.content.
Enjoyed Lucifer in Telugu with English subtitles.
Last week saw "Mikhael" in Malayalam with English subtitles.

To your point about Prime picking up movies, was surprised to see new Telugu movies "Majili" & "Chitralahari" also picked up.
Majili is a good weekend time pass. Chitralahari & Kesari (Hindi) lined up for this weekend.
Old 26th May 2019, 12:26   #1282
BHPian

Watched Uyarae and Ishq (Malayalam) over the last two weeks.
Uyarae is an amazing movie except for flaws in the making but on the other hand, Ishq is amazingly delivered movie on all fronts from actors, director, cinematography and even a well-blended background score.

Will rate Uyarae 3.5 and Ishq a 4 out of 5. Don't miss if you have a chance to watch on a big screen.

Cheers!
Old 26th May 2019, 19:41   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Now that you brought up the topic of music, I'll share this. I've been sharing this for the past week. His violin covers had impressed me that much.

I have this channel on loop while working and youtube does a nice job of following up with other similar violin, flute and veena covers once these are over. It makes up for a very relaxing workspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Thanks GTO, same way here, I am a big fan of Marathi actors and movies. Just imagine the contribution of Marathi theater artists to Bollywood cinema, it is endless. I recently watched "TOLET" a tamil movie and it reminded me of my past when my father was trying to find a rental house in Bangalore in late 90's and our eventual migration to Bidar to avoid the rising living cost.
Very well said. I'm a fan of Marathi movies too. I like the way they're made. Valu, Harischandra chi factory (movie on Dadasaheb Phalke), Baapjanm(on prime), Tingya are some that come to mind.

TOLET - I watched it dreading the mood it'll leave me in. Tamil movies are so "real". It brought back a lot of memories from childhood, the search for houses, the rents, the conditions, the persuasions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2019 at 19:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2019, 07:57   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently saw this image on Twitter, brought back so many memories I still remember going to Devi Theaters back then for Kamal and Rajni hits! One of the best movies of Kamal Hassan! #MichealMadanKamaRajan

The Regional movies thread!-img_20190529_075337.jpg
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:26   #1285
Team-BHP Support

Ente Ummande Peru - Malayalam

Did a quick search on this thread to see if any reviews were already posted, but found none.

The movie stars Tovino and Urvashi, and set against the music of Gopi Sundar. Need i add the light hearted nature of the movie, along with Urvashi's dialogues and Tovino's mannerisms make for an enjoyable watch at home movie.

Rating : 3.5 / 5
Old 11th June 2019, 08:49   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

Virus

Everything was pretty good about the movie. Amazing cast, realistic acting, bgm etc. The second half felt a bit long but doesn't bore you. Not exactly a "must watch in theater" movie but definitely not to be missed.

Rating - 4/5
Old 11th June 2019, 09:40   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to the above. Definitely a must watch movie. Amazing cast. I think there were atleast 10 actors who are pretty well established in the solo hero/heroine category. But all of them blend beautifully into the narrative which stands out supreme.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:47   #1288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
+1 to the above. Definitely a must watch movie. Amazing cast. I think there were atleast 10 actors who are pretty well established in the solo hero/heroine category. But all of them blend beautifully into the narrative which stands out supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Virus

Everything was pretty good about the movie. Amazing cast, realistic acting, bgm etc. The second half felt a bit long but doesn't bore you. Not exactly a "must watch in theater" movie but definitely not to be missed.

Rating - 4/5

Thanks for the recommendations. Booked in for this weekend.
Old 11th June 2019, 12:36   #1289
Team-BHP Support

Watched Virus last weekend. Was a really good watch. The way some actors portrayed their real life counterparts were amazing. While every other actor got a good reception from the audience when they appear on screen, Soubin Shahir totally owned it! The entire theatre went into a frenzy! Man, what an actor! Loved him in Sudani and Parava.

There's a movie with a similar plot in Hollywood - Contagion. I'd recommend that one too.
Old 16th June 2019, 22:34   #1290
BHPian

Watched Virus this week. Although the plot was known before hand, the cast and the storytelling made the movie engaging. Surely worth a watch, more over it creates awareness on Niphah, do/don't or how a society reacts during any contagious outbreak. The subtitles were good and would help in a pan india release.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks