Team-BHP - The Regional movies thread!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Regional movies thread! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/56597-regional-movies-thread-9.html)

Just read that Cochin Haneefa passed away due to chronic liver problems.
May his soul rest in peace!

I heard the news yesterday. Really sad, i liked him for his comic timing as well as serious supporting roles.

I have started this thread exclusively for Tamil films since there was none earlier.

Let me start with my brief review of Tamizh Padam, which I watched recently at Fame Lido, Bangalore. Overall, I give a rating of 100% for this movie, which is breath of fresh air in Tamil film entertainment.

This film is a spoof and satire of Tamil blockbusters of yesteryears, super stars of the present, past and future, and the eminent writers and directors. Vennira Aadai Murthy, Mano Bala and M S Bhaskar don the roles of college students making fun of our ageing actors portraying college student roles! In fact, the dad of Vennira Aadai Murthy is younger than the son! This film makes fun of many superhits like Nayagan, Dalapathi, Vettayadu Vilayadu, Sivaji, Virumandi, Mozhi, Kizhakke Pogum Rail, Mouna Ragam, Anniyan, Ramana, etc.

The creators of the movie like Amudan [Director], Chandru [Writer] are new-comers. The actors are mainly from TV serials. This is a low-budget film, but has become a big hit as is vogue in Tamil filmdom nowadays. I congratulate the Director & Writer for creating such a wholesome rib-tickling comedy.

If you want to laugh continuously for a couple of hours, then this is the movie to watch. But, you should have watched the blockbusters earlier to enjoy the fun!

Lyricist Girish Puthenchery passed away yesterday.
May his soul rest in peace!

Oh, that is sad! may his soul rest in peace

I have been waiting to see this film for the last two weeks but couldn't do it. Hopefully i will catch it this weekend.

lot of prominent people in Malayalam cinema passed away recentley. A not so good season for malayalam filim :(
May his sould rest in peace.

Yes, quite sad, that too Gp passed away at just 48!
Surya kireedom veenudanju...

Nice, thanks for the review dude. Been waiting to watch this one for a while!

btw, is naanayam worth it?

Watched Tamizhpadam yesterday. Its a great attempt by the director Amudan. Bullet firing scene just before the climax was hilarious. Since this is a first full-length spoof film in Tamil, I am not sure how the tamil film industry is going to accept this. Is the industry mature enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anekho (Post 1727461)
btw, is naanayam worth it?

My friend had watched it and said its good for a one time watch. Apparently the storyline has parts of it flicked from 'The Bank Job' .

i would say its a fast forward watch :). the movie tried to be stylish but failed miserably. As many reviews stated, you will know the climax half way and all you have to do is wait for the end.

But we one thing that we have to appreciate is the effort in trying to make different movies other than our typical one man show or romance movies.

I watched Goa last week and i felt the first half to be ok. In the second half around 20 minutes could have been removed :).

Goa is average movie, made for youngsters. Tamil padam is a family movie, non stop laughs guaranteed!

Asal is a one time watch movie. Heard first week collections were around 18crores!

I am eagerly waiting to see Vinnai thandi varuvaaya, directed by Goutham Menon and music by ARR! Songs are already super hit, i like Hosannah very much.

Asal is a pathetic movie. The makers assume that rich locations+well dressed Ajit+ 5 songs+few fight sequences will make a movie watchable. The story line is very predictable, no pace in the screen play and the mandatory songs every 20 minutes . The most pathetic part is Ajith himself. All he does is wear designer wear and keep walking through out the movie with zero expression on his face.