Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 20:09   #226
BHPian

Malarvady Arts Club

Hello All,

I watched this movie y'day. Story line as expected. But I liked the acting by the new comers and some of the songs are also good. There are many scenes to laugh in this movie.

But there are a few scenes which the director could have avoided.

The movie is definitely worth watching. I'll rate it 3.5 for the performance by the new comers.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:20   #227
BHPian

Watched MadarasaPattinam over the weekend and liked the movie.

Wonderful acting by Amy Jackson, Alexx O' Nell (Wilkinson in the movie) and Carole Trangmar (aged Amy), Arya seemed lost sometimes.

Carole Trangmar is the best of all, not to forget that Amy looks gorgeous.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 20th July 2010 at 09:22.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:09   #228
Senior - BHPian

Saw Madrasapattinam yesterday at satyam! Loved the movie, a must watch IMO

and yes, amy was gorgeous
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:52   #229
BHPian

Maryada Raamanna Release today

any one watched Maryada Raamanna ?

It has released today, and i am too excited to know how is it faring, I am quite busy for a week and cant watch it
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:39   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched Mohanlal's new film - Oru Naal Varum!!!
I'm totally fed up with this actor!
Went for it yesterday. Being die hard fans of Mohanlal and Sreenivasan helped! Both of us (wife and myself) liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
and cant believe you still dono why she is here eh ?
And after seeing the movie, I still did not get it. Anybody could have done that role. The only sequence in the whole movie where she is wearing modern dresses comes in a song scene AFTER the titles at the end. Most of the theatre was empty by then.

I repeat, she was not 'used' in the movies!
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:49   #231
BHPian

My friend watched and he told that the movies is too good. No double meaning dialogues, no bloodshed, no heavy sentiments, etc., All in all a very good movie. Even the reviews are saying the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
any one watched Maryada Raamanna ?

It has released today, and i am too excited to know how is it faring, I am quite busy for a week and cant watch it

Last edited by 2500cc : 23rd July 2010 at 18:51. Reason: Typo
Old 26th July 2010, 04:37   #232
Senior - BHPian

Watched two new (malayalam) movies: Vineeth Sreenivasan's "Malarvady Arts Club" and Sibi Malayil's "Apoorvaragam".
Both are good films and I enjoyed them well.
Malarvady Arts Club is a story on friendship and Vineeth has did a great job. New heroes have acted very well. It was a nice feeling to see some refreshing faces in Malayalam.
Apoorvaragam is Sibi Malayil's comeback and can be termed as one of his best films. Its seems like a campus/love story but is much beyond that. There are many interesting and unexpected twists in the story. Here also all the actors have did well especially Nishan (hero). Despite being a non-mallu he has worked hard and that really shows up in his performance.
Its long time since I saw some good movies like this in Malayalam.
I'd give 4/5 for both movies.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:20   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
My friend watched and he told that the movies is too good. No double meaning dialogues, no bloodshed, no heavy sentiments, etc., All in all a very good movie. Even the reviews are saying the same.
yuppp ... i gave in to my excitement & watched the movie on friday itself, evening show !!

It is AWESOME, SS Rajamouli keeps proving his talent time & again. I am sure he can make a movie with any character, may be even a dog & it will be a big hit !
Old 26th July 2010, 18:37   #234
BHPian

Apoorvaragam is an excellant work, only the script is the weak part.
The initial half hour, I felt something wrong but the twists in story made me bolting in seat. It would be a new trend setter in Malayalam movie.Whenever Sibi and Kokker joined, Mallus got a good treat.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:01   #235
Senior - BHPian

Well, i dont want to open a thread on audio, but endhiran songs are a load to the subwoofer, technical, punchy, yet not so pleasant.
Old 11th September 2010, 16:44   #236
BANNED

Pancharangi..............!

Saw the movie at an antique theatre=== HMT Cinemas

Nidhi Subbaiah = 10/10 (Acts the way she looks. Very Very cute)

Diganth = 9/10 ( Doodh Peda as usual)

Dialogues = 10/10 (Digant's best)

Location = 9 /10 ( One house and a Beach)

Story = 5/10 ( well...........!)

Music = 9/10 ( Mano Murthy not at his best)

A no-villian, no fights, no melodramas, simple movie to watch.

Dont have high expectations from the movie, go for Time-pass.

Lifeu isteeene.....!
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-pancharangi333x510.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 17:28   #237
Senior - BHPian

Saw some new malayalam movies:

1. Pattinte Palazhi - Meera Jasmine at her best! She shows her magical powers in acting once again. Its a come back for her in Malayalam films. There's a good story and direction is also good. All actors like Manoj K Jayan, Jagathy, Jagadish, Revathy have given a splendid performance. Its not much of a commercial entertainer so financially it may be a loss.
Rating - 4/5.

2. Yakshiyum Njanum - Director Vinayan comes with another ghost story, which he is best at. Since the director is facing a ban from the top actors and other main personalities of our film industry, he has made the film with new-comers. To say about the film, its intorelerable! I think he first created a ghost and then made a story as of how the heroine became a ghost! New actors dont even know the basics of acting. Its better to avoid this movie.
Rating - 1/5.

3. Pranchiyettan and the Saint - Oh man, what a movie! I saw it yesterday and am still in its hangover. Its such a beautiful movie and I liked it a lot. Mammootty shows his versatality in handling different sort of characters once again. Hats off to Ranjith (director). He has made a splendid movie again. I'm a fan of his films since I saw 'Thirakkadha'. This film is in the form of a satire. The way of story telling is very interesting. Worth a watch.
Rating - 4/5.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:32   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Saw the movie at an antique theatre=== HMT Cinemas

Nidhi Subbaiah = 10/10 (Acts the way she looks. Very Very cute)

Diganth = 9/10 ( Doodh Peda as usual)

Dialogues = 10/10 (Digant's best)

Location = 9 /10 ( One house and a Beach)

Story = 5/10 ( well...........!)

Music = 9/10 ( Mano Murthy not at his best)

A no-villian, no fights, no melodramas, simple movie to watch.

Dont have high expectations from the movie, go for Time-pass.

Lifeu isteeene.....!
+1, my brother watched it this week and even he came up with the same review. But, I may still watch it sometime.
Old 11th September 2010, 20:26   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
+1, my brother watched it this week and even he came up with the same review. But, I may still watch it sometime.
I would rate this movie of Yograj bhat a 3rd spot in his recent 3 movies.

1) Mungaaru Male== Takes all the honours, of being a finest movies made. Had lots of logic and sense, The locations were breathtaking, Splendid Karnataka, showcased so damn well. Music can be considered the Best in recent times.
Ganesh in the main lead with Diganth a cameo . 10/10

2) Gaalipata == Again a fun movie, Amazing locations, again unknown Karnataka showcased. Lovely music, Ganesh , Diganth and Singer Rajesh in lead. 10/10

3) Pancharangi == Already reviewed, Again Diganth in this movie. I give it a 8/10
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-ganeshsanjanagandhi01.jpg  

The Regional movies thread!-gaalipata9.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 23:40   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post

3. Pranchiyettan and the Saint - Oh man, what a movie! I saw it yesterday and am still in its hangover. Its such a beautiful movie and I liked it a lot. Mammootty shows his versatality in handling different sort of characters once again. Hats off to Ranjith (director). He has made a splendid movie again. I'm a fan of his films since I saw 'Thirakkadha'. This film is in the form of a satire. The way of story telling is very interesting. Worth a watch.
Rating - 4/5.
Saw the movie, loved the narration, You will enjoy this movie more if you understand the Trichur Dialect, The way Trichur locals speak Malayalam is different, since my inlaws are from here for me it was like i am caught in between their funny conversation . Mammootty was at his best, loved the movie i will give it a 4.5/5.

Heard Shikar is doing well as well. I didn't have the energy to watch a Mohanlal movie in the first week especially in TVM.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 11th September 2010 at 23:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks