Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 18:05   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Anyone seen 7am Arivu? Review please!
Overall average move but considering the hype and expectations its below average. Surya looked bored while the cute Shruti did all the talking. I actually liked the villan...hes a cool dude
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 18:16   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
I think this is the latest trend in Telugu movies having star studded, 2-3 heroins, some cheap comedy tracks, foriegn locations, more importantly mix 2 or more old movies, some artificial twists in the story. I thinkthis is the high time for the stories. No new stories can be created.
Dude that is the trend of any Indian movies these days, it is not specific to any language except for few Malayalam movies.

How many sensible movies are dished out by Bollywood and Kollywood ?
Old 4th November 2011, 23:18   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
I think this is the latest trend in Telugu movies having star studded, 2-3 heroins, some cheap comedy tracks, foriegn locations, more importantly mix 2 or more old movies, some artificial twists in the story. I think this is the high time for the stories. No new stories can be created.
Well, this is the trend in all languages now. Honestly speaking there is hardly any story left these days with almost everything covered over the years. Its just the treatment and presentation that can appeal.
By the way when i said Twists, it was no "Usual suspects" twist .
Old 5th November 2011, 00:03   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Overall average move but considering the hype and expectations its below average. Surya looked bored while the cute Shruti did all the talking. I actually liked the villan...hes a cool dude
Not sure what was director Murugadoss smoking when he finalised on the script. Suriya's talent has been wasted in this movie.As per me not even worth a one time watch.

Rating: 1.5/5
Old 6th November 2011, 05:37   #320
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Yuddham Sei.

Heavy. Hard-hitting. Grimey. Gritty. Cold. Fantastic Background score.
Proper thriller, this. One of the best I've seen.

4.5/5. (-0.25 for overacting in some scenes, -0.25 for the climax scene - could have been better.)
Old 6th November 2011, 12:33   #321
Senior - BHPian

saw a tamil movie "Engeyum Eppothum" *ing Jai,Sarva . I will rate it 7/10 . the story part is different.
another tamil movie was "Ko" *ing Jeeva - 6/10.
Old 19th November 2011, 19:17   #322
BHPian

Watched 'Snehaveedu' - boring movie with a climax that's akin to having a power-cut during a birthday party - washout.

An issue that could have been sensibly sorted out in 10 mins flat by indulging in sensible conversation, is stretched to a 2.5 hr movie.

Saving grace? Beautiful shots of rural Palakkad, where i hail from
Old 30th November 2011, 16:06   #323
BHPian

I saw 5-6 movies over the weekend. The best of the lot were 'katradhu tamizh' and Angadi Theru,, what superb films! Hits you hard in the gut!

PS: Also liked 'Engeyum Eppodhum'. the lead actors were very good esp the chirpy ananya and the dominating nurse played by anjali. Good music, hummable tunes! Not the usual masala!

Last edited by Manoj2268 : 30th November 2011 at 16:09.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:12   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
'katradhu tamizh'
Very good story marred by very poor production qualities.
How difficult is it to apply the correct make up so the hero's beard doesn't look like its gonna fall off.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:55   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful [ബ്യൂട്ടിഫുള്*]

A BEEAAUUTTIFULL movie! Very realistic theme, good dialogue, nice picturization, fresh comedy, enjoyable songs! They got almost everything right in this movie except the villain. This is Jayasurya's one of the most mature acting I have seen. Anoop Menon could have been better. There is not a single frame which makes u feel bored. And there was generous clap [well deserved] at the interval as well as the ending. Knowing that Malayalam movies always have contributed great villains, the choice of villain in this movie was absolute crap.

My rating :: 3.5/5.0
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:37   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Swapna Sanchari ( സ്വപ്ന സഞ്ചാരി)

This movie is about a gulf returned Malayalee who likes to lead a posh life and loves to grab attention & respect by an extravagant life style. He is over optimistic about his future and is lavish about spending money & making financial commitments to organizations and people. The story goes about sketching his life when some unforeseen troubles hit his life and... future.

The biggest highlight of the movie is the veteran director Kamal who has given Malayalam cinema a lot of superb family entertainers. This movie though, is quite bland with absolutely no comedy, below average songs and nothing exceptional except the beautiful village locations. There is no great performances required by the actors and the story line is something we have seen before. One thing is that the movie doesn't drag the audience into boredom; neither it disappoints for the Rs. 50/- spend for tickets. It doesn't excite you & will NOT urge you to watch it a second time as well.

My rating : 2.5/5.0 - OK to watch one time. I assume this movie to make money at the box office seeing Snehaveedu collections. I would rate this movie any day better than Snehaveedu as well.
Old 11th December 2011, 03:59   #327
Senior - BHPian

Came across this really nice Short Film called Appavi. The main guy's smile is contagious

Old 12th December 2011, 18:46   #328
BHPian

Searched, found and watched "Appunni" (1984). The movie deals with a difficult subject - that of the female having a choise as to whom she will co-habit with. How many of the modern 'romantic' nonsensical movies would even dare touch such a subject?

And what a performance Nedumudi Venu dishes out as the innocent angry love-sick village bumkin! And he has only around 7 to 8 lines of dialogues to deliver in the whole movie. The movie belongs to an age when movie-makers didn't insult the audience's intelligence. Lots of subtle scenes, and emotions often up for interpretation.

I consider Sri N.Venu the BEST actor malayalam cinema has EVER seen.

Last edited by WindRide : 12th December 2011 at 18:51.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 18:05   #329
Senior - BHPian

Watched Melvilasom (Malayalam) last weekend.

The movie is based on a play of the same name by Surya Krishnamoorthy. It's about an army court martial and the camera *never* leaves the courtroom. It's a short movie by Indian standards (only about 95 mins) and it kept me engrossed for the length of it. Features some good performances by Suresh Gopi, Parthiban, Thalaivasal Vijay etc.

Only downer I felt is that some of the dialogues/acting at the beginning (from lesser known actors) is pretty ordinary.

Sad that the movie was not a success when it was released in the theatres. I definitely think the movie is worth a watch.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 10:54   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Watched Melvilasom (Malayalam) last weekend.

The movie is based on a play of the same name by Surya Krishnamoorthy. It's about an army court martial and the camera *never* leaves the courtroom. It's a short movie by Indian standards (only about 95 mins) and it kept me engrossed for the length of it. Features some good performances by Suresh Gopi, Parthiban, Thalaivasal Vijay etc.

Only downer I felt is that some of the dialogues/acting at the beginning (from lesser known actors) is pretty ordinary.

Sad that the movie was not a success when it was released in the theatres. I definitely think the movie is worth a watch.
I also watched this movie last week. Definitely worth a watch. Had read good reviews about this movie and that is the reason why I bought the CD.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks