Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 19:39   #391
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
.. Another reason is that, hero always speaks a lot about her beauty. So, when she's wounded in the accident she feels that that Shantanu might not love her like he did earlier.
I think this was the more likely reason. She was quite fiery in her resolve to marry Shantanu (recollect her run-ins with parents/others and how she defends the guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
....I think I would've enjoyed the movie a whole lot more if I'd been about 15 years younger
Isn't that the case with almost ALL malayalam movies these days... made strictly for teenagers
Old 12th September 2012, 23:14   #392
Senior - BHPian

Ozhimuri- Superb movie by Madhupal. Lal can expect a state award if not a national award!
Old 13th September 2012, 00:46   #393
BHPian

Attakathi (Tamizh) - a movie that reminded me of my High-School and Graduation days. Though the actors were new, they fit the role very nicely; especially the main actor (no one else would have done justice).

A one time watch for sure.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:01   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ustad Hotel - One of the best movies of recent times.
Awesome movie, I should say. Wonderful acting by Dulquer Salmaan. One wouldn't say its just his 2nd movie. He's our future suprstar, for sure. The main lead character which goes through many crucial moments in life was safe in the hands of Dulquer. He's a perfect successor! Nithya Menon was charming and did her role well. Thilakan did another memorable character. Siddhique, Mamukoya, Jayaprakash etc gave good support. Asif Ali 's cameo was good. Gopi Sunder's music is superb. 'Vattayipoyo' rocked in the theater, 'Mel Mel' was a good melodious number. Lokanathan's cinematography deserves special applause. Anjali Menon, who's already a star after Manjadikuru shines again with her writing skills. First half goes off well with lot of happenings; there's a bit lag in the second half but that's not a negative. Last 15 minutes were really heart touching. There were many good comedy scenes too. Anwar Rasheed, who has tasted only success, has added another feather to his cap. This movie will appeal to both youth and family audience. Special congrats to producer Listin Stephen for the hatrick hit!
My Rating- 9/10; Must Watch!!
+ 1 ! Great movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Surprised to see no reviews for "Thattathin Marayathu". A simple, predictable love story, well told. It has some decent comedy and songs. I think I would've enjoyed the movie a whole lot more if I'd been about 15 years younger
Yet to see! Glad to see it still running here.

Quote:
Ozhimuri- Superb movie by Madhupal. Lal can expect a state award if not a national award!
Heard good reviews about it. 2012 has indeed been a very good one for us.
Old 14th September 2012, 20:11   #395
Senior - BHPian

Molly Aunty Rocks (Malayalam)- As the title indicates, this is a heroine oriented film. Revathy plays the central character Molly, who was settled in America for a long time and currenty works in a bank in Kerala. Revathy has done a splendid job. Prithviraj appears just 5 minutes before the interval. It can't be considered as a 'hero' role and doesn't require an actor of his star value. It must be appreciated that Prithviraj took up this role and decided to be part of a good movie. Lalu Alex, KPAC Lalitha, Mamukoya etc did their roles well. Script and direction is good but still could have been better. Narration is a bit slow. Seems like director Ranjit Shanker is one who believes that films should convey a message. Like his earlier films, this one also comes with a good socially relevant theme. When you leave the theatre, the good intentions behind this film is what pleases you more. Those who can enjoy only typical mass entertainers, stay away. This is a good family movie.
My Rating- 7/10. Worth a watch.
Old 21st September 2012, 17:33   #396
Senior - BHPian

Trivandrum Lodge- When Jayasurya, Anoop Menon and VK Prakash joins again after the amazing 'Beautiful', expectations were really high and this film did come upto our expectations. This film falls into the so-called new genaration group of films. Its an 'Anoop Menon film' which has some bold statements and extra marital affairs. Its a simple story, which revolves around the life of the people who lives in Trivandrum Lodge. Jayasurya did a a very different role and impressed us with his subtle expressions and dialog delivery. Anoop Menon was gud as the loving husband and caring father. Honey Rose did her role well. Bhavana appears in a song and a couple of scenes; she looked beautiful. Another surprise was Saiju Kurup; hope this film helps him to get more good offers. The kids also performed well. All the 3 songs were good. Cinematography was excellent. The night scenes were beautifully shot. Anoop Menon's script is awesome. Most of the dialogs were recieved with claps. Infact, my hands have turned red after all the clapping! Eventhough it took a while for director VK Prakash to prove his worth, he has emerged as one of the best filmmakers of this generation. He has treated this simple story exceptionally well.

My Rating- 8/10. Watch it with your friends in a housefull theatre!
Old 21st September 2012, 22:08   #397
Senior - BHPian

Husbands in Goa- Saji Surendran and script writer Krishna Poojappura joins again to make another 'Happy Husbands' like film and fails miserably! All the lead actors were overacting to the core. Most of the 'comedies' were outdated ones and didn't work out. Songs are boring. Poor screenplay and bad direction. The usual mega serial lovers may like these kinda crap 'entertainers' but in this time of new-gen movies I don't think this outdated film will have any takers.
(The writer-director duo should seriously think about going back to where they really belong!)

My Rating- 4/10, Avoidable.
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:48   #398
BHPian

Glad to hear that Trivandrum Lodge is getting good reviews... My friend is one among the assistant directors for that movie. Ah well, I wish i could see it. Movies in Hyderabad come really very late :(
Old 24th September 2012, 10:10   #399
BHPian

Off-topic : veteran malayalam actor Thilakan passed away. RIP.
Old 24th September 2012, 10:16   #400
Senior - BHPian

A sad moment indeed as one of the greatest actors to grace Indian cinema left to his heavenly abode. Malayalam cinema would never be the same again without Thilakan.
RIP and respect sir!!!!
Old 24th September 2012, 14:41   #401
BHPian

Sad day for Malayalam Cinema. The last of the Titans goes.
RIP Thilakan Sir. There will never be another one like you - a true actor. You were the BEST.

Last edited by WindRide : 24th September 2012 at 14:44.
Old 25th September 2012, 21:19   #402
MCR
BHPian

Watched kannada movie Rambo. Its a very funny movie with a story! Full of hilarious sequences.
Overall, excellent acting by Sharan, Tabla Nani , Sadhu and Rangayana Raghu.
4/5 is my rating.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:00   #403
Senior - BHPian

Puthiya Theerangal- To be frank, I went to watch this movie without any expectations as its theme didn't felt impressive to me. The titles itself was shown with some boring music in background. First half was all boring and Second half was average. The usual comedy scenes we expect in a Sathyan Anthikad film was missing. The heroine's character is abit similar to that of Ann Augustine's in Elsamma Enna Aankutty. Namitha Pramod as the heroine didn't make much impact. She doesn't look good enough to be a heroine nor is her performance that impressive. Nivin Pauly did his role well. Nedumudi Venu was superb. The only good scenes were the flashback portions of Nedumudi Venu. Music and BGM were disappointing. Poor story line, below average script and outdated direction completed the story!

My Rating- 2/5.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:04   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

OT - Finally the month long profit sharing issue between films distributors and multiplex owners has been sorted out. Expect new Malayalam movies from this week.
Old 29th September 2012, 11:03   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR
Watched kannada movie Rambo. Its a very funny movie with a story! Full of hilarious sequences.
Overall, excellent acting by Sharan, Tabla Nani , Sadhu and Rangayana Raghu.
4/5 is my rating.
I want to watch this movie. Even my colleagues gave good opinions about this movie. My last Kannada movie was Addhuri. Dhruva Sarja looks like a promising actor.

I watched some trailers of a movie called Charulata by Dwarakish. Looked a bit different from the normal movies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks