Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 16:48   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Memories- Prithviraj seems to be in good form! Ayalum Njanum Thammil, Celluloid, Mumbai Police and now Memories! His selection of movies needs to be appreciated. Memories is the story of a brilliant police officer who turns alcaholic due to a tragedy that happened in his life. Under certain circumstances he's forced to go after a seriel killer. Here, the investigation is shown in a different way. Usually we get to know who, how and why about the crime only at the climax but in Memories we feel like we travel along with the hero while identifying the truth. Prithwiraj has played his role well. Vijayaraghavan, Suresh Krishna, Vanitha etc gave good support. Back ground score was good. Cinematography was excellant especially the night & rain scenes. The CG sequence could have been done in a better way. Best among the recent releases. Good job Jeethu Joseph.
My Rating- 8/10.

Last edited by Anand123 : 14th August 2013 at 16:50.
Old 18th August 2013, 19:40   #482
Senior - BHPian

Watched Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi yesterday.

Its a great road trip movie and I liked it a lot. Anyone who loves riding and is enchanted by the thump of a bullet will appreciate the movie. The soundtrack is great.

Its a multilingual and you necessary don't need to know malayalam to follow the movie.
Old 19th August 2013, 00:01   #483
Senior - BHPian

Neelakasham Pacha kadal Chuvanna bhoomi may not appeal to a regular movie goer who's watching the film as an entertainer but if you love bikes and road trips, this one is worth a watch.
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:44   #484
Senior - BHPian

Watched Neram and Shutter recently

Neram
Good acting by Nivin Pauly. The movie is fast paced with good twist at the end. A different movie and I liked it.
Rating - 3.5/5

Shutter
Had high expectation from the movie after reading the reviews. Nothing spectacular, it was boring at times. Good acting by Lal.
Rating - 2.5/5
Old 30th August 2013, 12:16   #485
Senior - BHPian

Would love to hear some reviews on the new Kannada Movie Mandahaasa thats released today

PS:I do have some real special interest in knowing the general reactions after seeing the movie
Old 1st September 2013, 01:43   #486
Senior - BHPian

Kunjananthante Kada- I was prepared to watch a slow paced serious film but this was just like a typical award movie!! Performance of Mammootty and heroine Nyla Usha are the positives. Heard some good reviews but personally I couldn't enjoy the movie.

My Rating- 5.5/10
Old 1st September 2013, 10:23   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Memories- Prithviraj seems to be in good form!
My Rating- 8/10.
Watched this movie yesterday evening at inorbit mall Hyderabad. Nice movie. Has a kind of a thriller grip till around half part of the second half.

P.S.: The villain drives a red gypsy shod with team-bhp stickers, lol. So much for our reputation. :-)
Old 21st September 2013, 23:50   #488
Senior - BHPian

North 24 Katham is one of the best films of this
year. Good performances by Fahad, Nedumudi Venu & Swati Reddy. Must Watch.
Old 28th September 2013, 13:20   #489
BHPian

Watched `5 Sundarikal` recently and the 'Gowri' segment (kavya madhavan-starrer) left me scratching my head. What exactly happened? did the husband character have an accident, or did he commit suicide, or did he kill his wife and go and commit suicide/have an accident?
As per the servant (who acts fishy in the last scene), the hubby 'fell' from a mountain and body was never recovered.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:42   #490
Senior - BHPian

Raja Rani- The film’s tagline says "There is life after love failure. There is love after love failure" and this is exactly what Raja Rani is all about. The film opens with Arya and Nayantara getting married and after a rough initial period post their marriage, we are presented their past love stories with Nazriya and Jai respectively in their lives prior to this marriage.
The film’s strength is its simple story and the performances of its cast. Arya looks dashing but I felt the performances of Nayantara and Jai was the best among others. Jai shines throughout the first half in a role that is similar to the one he played in Engeyum Eppodhum. Nayanthara looks gorgeous and has given a great performance. This is unquestionably the film's biggest strength. The new hearthrob, Nazriya appears
really cute and attractive. Satyaraj plays the patient, understanding and the ultra-cool dad every girl would love to have. Santhanam does
the job but is getting stale.
The story is predictable but presented in a good manner. It has many tired cliched dialogues of how women are responsible for the driving men to drink. The climax was again cliched but the truth is that the 'airport climax' still works!
George C Williams' camera is eye-catching with terrific visuals and colours. Atlee has certainly made a confident debut and has succeeded in making a good entertainer.
Raja Rani is a simple refreshing story about how to cope with life, when we lose someone we love.

My Rating- 7.5/10; Worth a watch.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:30   #491
Team-BHP Support

National Award 2012 winning movie as best Gujarati film 'The Good Road'. Worth a watch. Movie with minimal production cost and it shows. But that doesn't pull down any impact. Extremely well crafted and well presented. I can comfortably rate this as 4/5.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st October 2013 at 22:52.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:43   #492
Senior - BHPian

Geethanjali (Malayalam): A remake of the Priyamani-starrer Charulatha released last year. It would've been better if they had retained the story as it is from Charulatha. But the makers "injected" the character of Dr.Sunny from Manichithrathazhu in the movie, keeping the commercial aspects in mind. The result is that the story has become weaker.

It's a disappointing movie if you are expecting another Manichitrathazhu. It's a disappointing movie if you have watched Charulatha and are expecting a faithful remake. It's a watchable-once kind of movie if you keep those two aspects away, but it's going to be very difficult for any Malayali to do atleast the first one.

Ironically, when Manichitrathazhu was remade in Kannada and Tamil, the original role of Dr.Sunny was stretched in those versions, to cater to the commercial aspects. Now, we have the opposite scenario
Old 9th December 2013, 17:06   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Silence (സൈലെന്സ്) :: (2/5) - Can be skipped easily. The story is about a very successful lawyer who is all set to be promoted as a judge in High Court and someone starts following him and try to unsettle his nerves. Then he sets on to find the who are behind him and the reasons why they are after him.

The first half has got superb pace and you would NOT know till the interval sets in. The movie is just 2 hours in total, but the second half just loses it. The fight in the climax was funny to be honest. The plot is pretty much predictable too.

I don't think there was anything to be taken from the movie; no comedy, no songs, no performances, save for a car chase scene for us petrol / diesel heads between a Fortuner & Merc ML Class (inspired from 2 Fast 2 Furious?). Though it lacked sense again, I kind of liked the pace at which the Fortuner was moving in reverse and even did a nice drifting.

Infact, I went for the movie seeing this sequence in the trailer.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th December 2013 at 17:11.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:02   #494
Senior - BHPian

I see the new age Malayalam movies have evolved a lot over the years. For example, a movie like Honey Bee would have not been easy to digest a few years ago. Even the movie names have a new age touch.

Based in Chennai, I don't get to see many movies, but do keep a track via the TV channels.

What the 2012 - 2013 movies, I must not miss? I am not particluar about any genre/actor, but anything that has the charm and storyline will be nice to watch.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:04   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Silence (സൈലെന്സ്) :: (2/5) - Can be skipped easily.
I would give it 1/5. Thank god it didnt stretch to 2.5 or 3 hours. In fact, I liked the chase sequence when I saw the trailer but was disappointing when the entire thing is seen. But that was the only good thing in the movie.

Movie can be avoided.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks