Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 02:41   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too. Moreover, he looks so week and tired in most of the scenes. Sekhar Menon of Da Thadiya plays the villain and he got more screen space than the hero. Claimax was a big let down. Cinematography was the only plus point. I wish Mammootty stops doing these kind of crap films made just for the fans and start doing roles which suits his age and health.

My Rating- 4/10.
Old 12th April 2014, 22:33   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Malayalam movie 7th day. Another good thriller from prithvi. Pretty good watch. Good show from prithvi. Liked it better than memories.
Old 13th April 2014, 00:22   #558
BANNED

Much awaited Kannada movie after Lucia and Simpleag Ondu Love Story is ULIDAVARU KANDANTHE ( As seen by the Others )

Anyone who can review the movie here please.
Old 13th April 2014, 00:48   #559
Senior - BHPian

Watched 7th day. A good suspense thriller. Brilliant performace by Prithvi. Watch it before someone tells you the suspense.
My Rating- 7.5/10
Old 13th April 2014, 07:59   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too.
Someone compared it to Big B and it was mentioned that this film has incorporated some of the recent trends that have come to the industry after the Big B was released. From your review, it looks like these changes are like the "mudra" that Salim Kumar refers to in Chathikkatha Chanthu!
Old 13th April 2014, 21:38   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Someone compared it to Big B and it was mentioned that this film has incorporated some of the recent trends that have come to the industry after the Big B was released. From your review, it looks like these changes are like the "mudra" that Salim Kumar refers to in Chathikkatha Chanthu!
They've tried to make it in a hollywood style but failed big time since the script itself was too weak.
Old 14th April 2014, 14:18   #562
BHPian

7th day

watched 7th day , a good thriller and a good performance from Prithvi .

I would rate 7.5 /10.

One thing to highlight is the shooting location , fantastic .I believe it was shot at the high ranges looks like wagamon and areas near by.
Old 16th April 2014, 03:41   #563
Senior - BHPian

Watched Dileep's new movie Ring Master. It tells the story of a dog trainer and his relationship with a dog. Overall, there isnt much of a story but just some situations created to generate humor. Its supposed to be a festival entertainer and does that job fairly. The movie is much better than Dileep's previous movies. Take your family along; kids would enjoy this one.

My Rating- 6.5/10
Old 16th April 2014, 09:01   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too. Moreover, he looks so weak and tired in most of the scenes. Sekhar Menon of Da Thadiya plays the villain and he got more screen space than the hero. Climax was a big let down. Cinematography was the only plus point. I wish Mammootty stops doing these kind of crap films made just for the fans and start doing roles which suits his age and health.

My Rating- 4/10.
The jokes based on Gangster is the new hit
Sekhar Menon is also a DJ; goes by the name DJ Sekhar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Watched Malayalam movie 7th day. Another good thriller from prithvi. Pretty good watch. Good show from prithvi. Liked it better than memories.
Pretty good movie. Wonder from where they flicked the story ( know a similar English one but not a straight pick of that.)

Quote:
Watched 7th day. A good su
spense thriller. Brilliant performace by Prithvi. Watch it before someone tells you the suspense.
My Rating- 7.5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Someone wrote this' daivathinu ullathu deivathinu, Amal Neradinu ullathu Amalinu '
Old 17th April 2014, 21:17   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The jokes based on Gangster is the new hit
Sekhar Menon is also a DJ; goes by the name DJ Sekhar.
Thought he was an RJ!
Old 17th April 2014, 22:28   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Much awaited Kannada movie after Lucia and Simpleag Ondu Love Story is ULIDAVARU KANDANTHE ( As seen by the Others )

Anyone who can review the movie here please.
Ulidavaru Kandanthe is a neat movie, though some parts needed better editing IMHO. What I enjoyed most was the honest and consistent Dakshina Kannada accent (better half hails from Kundapura! .
Not in the league of Lucia though.
Old 19th April 2014, 18:45   #567
Senior - BHPian

Watched 7th day. Not bad, but not that great either. Not a patch on Mumbai Police or Memories. Maybe, I was expecting too much.
Old 20th April 2014, 01:42   #568
Senior - BHPian

Watched 1 by Two. It's a psycho thriller. Murali Gopi's performance is superb. Fahad didn't have much to do. Gopisunder's BGM is his excellant. Overall, it's a well made film but not everyone's cup of tea. If you watch films just for 2 hrs entertainment, chances are high that you wouldn't enjoy this one. For me, its a superb movie. Feel sorry for Arun Kumar Aravind; he makes brilliant movies but none of them are accepted by our audience!

My Rating- 8/10.
Old 20th April 2014, 01:59   #569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Watched 7th day. Not bad, but not that great either. Not a patch on Mumbai Police or Memories. Maybe, I was expecting too much.
+1.

7th Day turned out to be an average movie. A once-watch. Prithviraj does full justice to his role, however I just did not feel a connect with the rest of the characters in the movie.

Camera work and background scores were brilliant.
Old 20th April 2014, 08:05   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Watched 1 by Two. It's a psycho thriller. Murali Gopi's performance is superb. Fahad didn't have much to do. Gopisunder's BGM is his excellant. Overall, it's a well made film but not everyone's cup of tea. If you watch films just for 2 hrs entertainment, chances are high that you wouldn't enjoy this one. For me, its a superb movie. Feel sorry for Arun Kumar Aravind; he makes brilliant movies but none of them are accepted by our audience!

My Rating- 8/10.
Glad to hear this. I had booked tickets just hearing the arun fahad combination. Couple of reviews seemed to indicate it was a bad movie. One review said it was arun kumars gangster equivalent. Now have some hope that I will like it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks