Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2014, 02:04   #571
Team-BHP Support

Samsaaram aarogyathinu haanikaram (Malayalam): 2/5.

One point for the energy Dulquar and Nazriya chemistry brings on the screen, another point for the theme.

But sadly- the execution is rather poor, pace is inconsistent, and it tends to push you into boredom without any sort of warning. I mean, One moment you will be laughing, and the very next moment you will feel rather bored.

I would have loved to see such a film succeed, since half the film is shot without any dialogues- and you could really enjoy some of it.
Old 27th April 2014, 08:13   #572
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Salala Mobiles

This has to be amongst the most senseless and boring movies i have watched in recent times. I cannot fathom what made both Dulquer and Nazriya decide to accept such roles! Poor storyline, unconvincing plot and an overall waste of time sum up the essence of this movie.

Avoid!

Rating : *

The Regional movies thread!-salala_mobiles_ver2_xlg.jpg
Old 29th April 2014, 11:42   #573
Senior - BHPian

7th Day: Average movie. Can be watched once. Not a good thriller. Good acting by Prithvi.

London Bridge: Average movie. Weak story. But stunning locations, great cars, and a good message.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:30   #574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Salala Mobiles

This has to be amongst the most senseless and boring movies i have watched in recent times. I cannot fathom what made both Dulquer and Nazriya decide to accept such roles! Poor storyline, unconvincing plot and an overall waste of time sum up the essence of this movie.

Avoid!

Rating : *
Second that!

Parents were here 2 weeks back and we watched 3 movies over the weekend - Salala Mobiles, Geethanjali and Thira.

Salala Mobiles and Geethanjali turned out to be extremely crappy and a complete waste of time. I cannot imagine what Priyadarshan’s standards have come to! This was the same guy who gave us some kickass comedy flicks during the ‘80s and ‘90s. Geethanjali is being referred to as a Manichitrathazhu spin-off with Mohanlal reprising his role as Dr. Sunny Joseph - what a joke! Manichitrathazhu induces fear and shock in the viewers in a natural sense - no ghosts/souls/white ladies with long hair, scary eyes, blood or gore. Geethanjali was completely opposite but in a retarded way. The less said, the better but please do not waste your time with these two.

OTOH, Thira was brilliant! Excellent plot and Jomon T John’s classic cinematography - dark and realistic a la Ayalum Njanum Thammil. Srinivasan’s sons have amazing talent - the elder one Vineeth has already proven himself in all the major roles - as a playback singer, director, actor and screenplay writer. The younger one Dhyan who debuted in this movie did his part well. Way to go! And do watch this one!

Rating - 4.5/5
Old 29th April 2014, 13:13   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Salala Mobiles

Avoid!

[b]Rating : *
Thanks for the warning. Might have ended up watching it due to Giri-giri!

BTW, has anyone actually watched the Akkarakazhchakal movie?
Old 29th April 2014, 14:00   #576
BHPian

Watched "Salalah Mobiles". A real time waster.

"Bicycle Thieves"... A movie with multiple twists... :-)
Old 29th April 2014, 16:23   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
7th Day: Average movie. Can be watched once. Not a good thriller. Good acting by Prithvi.
I liked the movie, some of my friends also said the movie is good. Not a great one, but gripping and good.

pramod
Old 30th April 2014, 09:03   #578
BHPian

Kannada: Ulidavaru kandanthe.
**Spoilers alert**
Superb movie based on Vantage Point mechanics. Rakshit Shetty is brilliant in his character. The movie uses Malpe as backdrop and does justice. Dialogues are superb and cinematography too. The ending is bit of a disappointment and story drags a bit here and there (poor editing). 4/5
Old 1st May 2014, 21:13   #579

Ulidavaru Kandanthe and Ugramm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Much awaited Kannada movie after Lucia and Simpleag Ondu Love Story is ULIDAVARU KANDANTHE ( As seen by the Others )

Anyone who can review the movie here please.
The highlights of the movie are the dramatic BGM, the story telling from different perspectives which reveal a different dimension each time, and the photography. A couple of songs draw whistles in multiplexes too.
Ulidavaru Kandanthe is loosely similar to City of God and Vantage point but a good watch. 4.2/5

I would like to talk about another Kannada movie called Ugramm, this movie is fast paced and amazing, the narration is very edgy. would recommend this Ugramm movie also (not for children though) 4.3/5
Old 6th May 2014, 04:40   #580
Senior - BHPian

Saw a lot of good reviews about 'Mosayile Kuthirameenukal' in FB and watched it but was disappointed. I didnt like it at all. There's no story, script is weak and direction is below average. Asif Ali and Sunny Weyn did their part well. Cinematography and music were good.
My Rating- 4.5/10
Old 11th May 2014, 08:56   #581
Team-BHP Support

Gods Own Country (Malayalam) - 2.5/5

'Imitation is the best form of flattery'. Rajeev Pillai should be proud after watching this movie, as it closely tries to imitate the magic created by the 2011 Malayalam movie- traffic. The formula remains the same- four different people and a day that changes their lives forever. 'A rare emotional day'.

Not certainly a bad thing. However - what's missing though is a natural style of movie making- inspite of a very good job done by the star cast- specially Sreenivasan, Lena, Lal, Fahad Fazil and Mythili. The direction style feels forced, aimless even in parts. Good thing that they have made up for it somewhat with the sheer pace of narration.

Major dislikes- Everyone talks on the phone while driving, some of them without even using hands free. None of them wears seatbelts. Fahad does most of his stunts with an infant in his hand. Bikes pulling wheelies and stoppies, while trying to kill the people inside, for no apparent reason whatsoever.

It's unlikely that you may feel bored mid way through the movie, but watch it only if you have nothing better to do on a weekend.
Old 18th May 2014, 03:36   #582
Team-BHP Support

How old are you? (Malayalam)- 3.5/5

"Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly."

It's only a few days back that I came to the same conclusion about my life. A very senior person in my line of work asked me- 'what have you planned for the next 5 years? And when was the last time you had given it a real thought? And if you really do have a 5 year plan- have you ever considered that your career may well extend another 35 years?'

The last time I had thought about a 5 year plan for myself was during an interview preparation. After some deep thinking- it dawned on me that I had completely forgotten my dreams.
Infact, I didn't have any dreams anymore, not even for the short term!

1 point for the message this film conveys to the public. Simply put, Roshan Andrews and his team wants people to dream once again.

That leaves us with 2.5/5 and an average film, sure to be a good success at the box office. Infact, 10pm show at Bangalore's PVR classic was almost houseful! What better role for a heroine to stage her comeback than one that proclaims that age doesn't matter! That said- I don't think she picked up the game from where she once left it- this was certainly not the Manju Warrier we know from Kanmadam, Aaraam thampuran etc.

Which remains true about Roshan Andrews as well. The movie had an inconsistent pace, although it manages to remain entertaining for the most part. Kunchako Boban delivers a very natural performance, makes up for the other shortcomings and couldn't have been better IMO.

Overall- it's a new theme like other Bobby Sanjay <> Roshan Andrews films, and a good one time watch. Specially for those who can't dream anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 18th May 2014, 22:34   #583
Team-BHP Support

Eagerly looking forward to watch How Old are You when I head home this Thursday. Heard some good things about it. Would love to see how Manju Warrier has made a comeback after 15 long years.

Loved her roles in Sallapam, Ee Puzhayum Kadannu, Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu, Summer in Bethlehem, Kanmadam among others.
Old 19th May 2014, 14:40   #584
BHPian

The Regional movies thread!

Any reviews on Mohan Lal's "Mr Fraud"
Old 20th May 2014, 10:55   #585
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ulidavaru Kandanthe and Ugramm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
The ending is bit of a disappointment and story drags a bit here and there (poor editing). 4/5
Film framework is great but the story is not interesting. These movies work if the key plot keeps people hooked. But this film doesn't. But overall great effort in other areas. BTW, script is available online: http://www.ulidavarukandante.com/scr...lish-Scipt.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
I would like to talk about another Kannada movie called Ugramm, this movie is fast paced and amazing, the narration is very edgy. would recommend this Ugramm movie also (not for children though) 4.3/5
Ugramm is good & worth watching.

These movies of a particular language are currently running in Bangalore theaters
  • God's own country
  • How old are you
  • Mr Fraud
  • Ring Master

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks