Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 02:58   #616
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Mundasupatti - Light hearted time pass movie. The logic gets a beating at times but the director's attempt on tackling a village's superstitious beliefs is commendable. Rating 3/5.
Old 20th August 2014, 15:50   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Vikramadithyan:

Watchable flick. The lead actors did a great job especially Dulquer and could be a good comeback for Unni Mukundan although there's nothing outstanding but did his role well. Lena and Anoop Menon who took up a serious role in this was really good. Good camera work but music could have been better.

Verdict - Watchable
Rating - 7/10
These are exactly my views as well, I wish the first half could have been better particularly they could have trimmed the flashback events. All characters have done justice to their role.

Cheers!
Old 20th August 2014, 16:06   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Manglish:

Nothing to write about. The female lead actor was good and so was Tini Tom. Songs were acceptable but Dulquer's promo song was entertaining. Not recommended for theater viewing. Dont know how it passed the censor board. Lot of swearing in english.

Rating - 4/10
Old 20th August 2014, 20:20   #619
BHPian

Anjaan (Tamil) - 2/10

Oh God. What a hell !! Why did I waste my time & money on this crap.

The movie had nothing, no story, no screenplay, no comedy. Only tragedy for us who watched.

It looked like bit & pieces of old don movies stitched together in the most horrible way. Repeat story, repeat scenes, repeat dialogues, no impact what soever.

Give it a miss.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:44   #620
Senior - BHPian

Munnariyippu is a well-made film, beautifully visualized and backed up by a solid script. This is Mammooty's finest performance in recent times. Mammootty takes the movie to a different level with his expressive acting and subtle mannerisms. He just looks refreshing and is in complete control of a role that is tailor made for the actor in him. Aparna Gopinath, who gets most of the screen space, excells as an aspiring journalist. This is indeed her career best role.
R Unni is one of the best writers of this generation. His dialogues are strong, deep and simple. Editing is good and the length of the movie, at less than 2 hours, is perfect for a movie like this. Cinematography and background scores helps in making the movie more appealing.
My Rating- 8.5/10

Last edited by Anand123 : 26th August 2014 at 13:49.
Old 26th August 2014, 17:45   #621
BHPian

Didn't even know this thread existed!

Could you folks do me a favor and list a few must-see movies from the last two or three years in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu?

The reason I ask is because I love movies in these languages and have a different level of comprehension for each language, but I am illiterate in all 3 languages and find it difficult to keep track.

Usually we as a family do binge watching of movies in a particular language every now and then. Recently we watched Drishyam on a whim which we liked so much that we watched some 4 or 5 Malayalam movies in quick succession like 1983, Om Shaanti Oshaana, Amen and Annayum Rasoolum.
Old 27th August 2014, 07:57   #622
BHPian

Oggarane was a nice watch. I enjoyed most of the movie except in the end where it drags a little bit. Mandya Ramesh and Achyuth were hilarious. 4/5
Old 29th August 2014, 19:15   #623
Senior - BHPian

Peruchazhi doesn't live upto the expectations
but its still a treat for hardcore Lalettan fans.
For others, its a one time watchable, timepass
movie.
My Rating- 6.5/10
Old 30th August 2014, 19:51   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Arima Nambi" (Tamil). This is heavily inspired by "The Bourne Series". Some dialogues are even an exact copy/translation. A one time watch though. Only wish our police department was this efficient in real time.

Tracking the debit & credit card of a nobody and other non-sense is how the movie progresses. But executed well without giving too much time to derive the logic - good pace.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th August 2014 at 19:53.
Old 30th August 2014, 20:10   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Didn't even know this thread existed!

Could you folks do me a favor and list a few must-see movies from the last two or three years in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu?
I completely rely on the ratings on this thread for viewing Malayalam movies. The reviews are spot on and consistent. I suggest you to browse through the pages in rev chrono order and get the list of must watch movies. Trust me, it would be worth the effort.
Old 30th August 2014, 21:54   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Peruchazhi doesn't live upto the expectations
but its still a treat for hardcore Lalettan fans.
For others, its a one time watchable, timepass
movie.
My Rating- 6.5/10
Someone commented this elsewhere about Peruchazhi: 2.5 hours thadavum 80 rs pizhayum. Is it a stay away for a non-hardcore fan?
Old 31st August 2014, 00:45   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Someone commented this elsewhere about Peruchazhi: 2.5 hours thadavum 80 rs pizhayum. Is it a stay away for a non-hardcore fan?
If you can swiftch off your logic for 2.45 hrs and enjoy the comedy scenes, it's a watchable movie.
Old 31st August 2014, 21:59   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Malayalam Movie Munnariyippu. The reviews indicated it is a master piece. While watching I felt it a little slow and dragging. Not the sharp thriller I expected. But thinking back based on the climax, several scenes/dialogs get a new meaning.

Overall did not meet my expectations, but a decent watch.
Old 1st September 2014, 01:53   #629
Team-BHP Support

The Regional movies thread!

Liked Peruchazi (Malayalam)

Sure there is no logic at all, and you need to leave your brains at home. But there are some real funny moments, and if you have been following Mohanlal movies- I'm sure you would be laughing your heart out.

Overall- a light hearted way to end the weekend.

PS- If you are not familiar with Mohanlal movies- stay away. There are a lot of references to his old movies.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st September 2014 at 01:55.
Old 1st September 2014, 06:57   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Munnariyippu

A good movie with a very good climax. One of Mamootty's best performances lately. The female lead also did a good job especially towards the end. Also, the dialgues, BGM was simply superb. But the highlight was the climax - short, simple and the movie ends. Right from the starting credits, everything has got a meaning to the climax.

Rating - 8/10
Verdict - To be watched

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks