Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 06:16   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I hear Baahubali is made in 5 languages... yet Bangalore has only Telugu version. I think I'll wait for the DVD to come out.
BookMyShow has these screens listed for Hindi version,
The Regional movies thread!-capture.jpg
Old 13th July 2015, 07:11   #767
BHPian

Bahubali is a masterpiece of Telugu Cinema/Indian Cinema. Is it perfect? No. But it is so epic that you can ignore the small mistakes. Must watch. Rana is perfect in villain role and all the senior actors excelled in their roles.
Old 13th July 2015, 08:09   #768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
BookMyShow has these screens listed for Hindi version,
Attachment 1391360
Aha, I was looking at INOX and PVR cinemas only. Great, this means I can see it soon. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2015, 09:28   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha, I was looking at INOX and PVR cinemas only. Great, this means I can see it soon. Thanks.
If you are watching it, I suggest do so in the theater only. I believe the strong point of the movie is the visuals and the CGI that is good for an Indian movie. It might be lost in a smaller screen I believe.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:15   #770
BHPian

Talking about this epic- baahubali, in Hyderabad, all the multiplexes are totally booked for the coming 4 days.

Quote:
I hear Baahubali is made in 5 languages... yet Bangalore has only Telugu version. I think I'll wait for the DVD to come out.

I do not think it is made in Kannada [ due to the rule of no-entry to Dubbed versions]

This movie is made in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi.

And I think the whole fun of watching this movie lies in the BIG Screen and you'd miss it out in the DVD as the other members pointed out !

Last edited by poised2drive : 13th July 2015 at 11:18.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:40   #771
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I do not think it is made in Kannada [ due to the rule of no-entry to Dubbed versions]

This movie is made in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi.
Since I can understand Hindi perfectly, I prefer to see it in Hindi. I would miss half the dialogues in the other 3 languages. BTW, I hear it is also dubbed in French.
Old 14th July 2015, 19:19   #772
BHPian

'Rangi Taranga' (Kannada + a bit of Tulu) - part paranormal, part psychological thriller. And how well has the art form of Yakshagana been woven into the story!
A must watch.
Old 19th July 2015, 16:23   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Premam is brilliant! The casting and screenplay is amazing. Don't miss.
Found it dragging and silly in most parts. Someone forgot to use scissors properly, looks like. A movie, no doubt, meant to launch the lead actor into the "star" club.
'Malar' was the saving grace.
Old 20th July 2015, 07:52   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Found it dragging and silly in most parts. Someone forgot to use scissors properly, looks like. A movie, no doubt, meant to launch the lead actor into the "star" club.
Oh! Sorry to hear you couldn't enjoy it. I managed to catch the movie just after release and before all the hype kicked in and I loved it. I think its made amazingly well and they have thought through it all. The casting, screenplay, background score, songs, costumes, flow of events etc.
Old 20th July 2015, 09:34   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Fireman (Malayalam-Mammotty) yesterday (was on TV). Started of well with the focus on Firemen (Not a subject touched much in the movies) and the initial build up was good. But then kind of went all over the place and into a thriller kind of mode. Focus shifted from Mammooty the Fireman to Mammooty the Star.

Overall still a good watch for Mammooty's performance and the fact that it touches upon a rarely talked about wing of our emergency services

Rating: 3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Oh! Sorry to hear you couldn't enjoy it. I managed to catch the movie just after release and before all the hype kicked in and I loved it. I think its made amazingly well and they have thought through it all. The casting, screenplay, background score, songs, costumes, flow of events etc.
My feedback is kind of half way between both of yours. I felt it was a decent watch, largely due to the middle portion. Sai Pallavi and Vinay Fort did an excellent job and Nivin also seemed most comfortable in this portion. The songs and the way it was shot was definitely appreciable

But in no way felt it was worth the hype generated. Comparing with Nivin's other recent blockbusters (Ignoring Bangalore Days), I would rate 1983 at the top, followed by Om Shanti Oshana, Thattathin Marayathu. Premam and Vadakkan Selfie on par.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:07   #776
Team-BHP Support

Managed to watch the much-hyped Premam last week and I must say that it really lived up to the expectations (or rather exceeded the expectations).
Brilliantly narrated with minor nuances which evoke fond memories from the various phases shown in the movie.

After a long time this is one Malayalam movie which I feel like watching again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Heard some terrific reviews about Premam. Will catch up on the DVD when it is out.
Watch it in a movie hall if you can
Old 31st July 2015, 14:17   #777
BHPian

Watched 'Ormayundo Ee Mukham' last weekend. A very light movie.
My rating 4/5
Old 31st July 2015, 15:07   #778
Senior - BHPian

I'd watched Baahubali last week and liked it. Some fantastic scenes and I should say the war scenes were actually quite well done. Don't think it will be enjoyable on the small screen - needs to be watched in a theater.
Old 31st July 2015, 17:03   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

I also enjoyed Bahubali (apart from the 2nd part of the first half where the romance was pretty dragging)- Watched the tamil version and was pleasantly surprised to see it was not a dub. Apparently the movie was shot in Telugu and Tamil.

Unlike most big budget movies, here you can see how the money has been spent and it has been well spent.

Hats off to SS Rajamouli to think on such a grand scale and then execute to it.
Old 31st July 2015, 19:56   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
'Rangi Taranga' (Kannada + a bit of Tulu) - part paranormal, part psychological thriller. And how well has the art form of Yakshagana been woven into the story!
A must watch.
Watched the film last weekend in Fun cinemas. I was surprised when I tried booking in other multiplexes only to find all were booked to capacity.

Hats off to excellent cinematography by Lance Kaplan and William David. Anup Bhandari's lyrics and melodious music by Loknath are outstanding.

Kannada film industry needs more films like 'Rangi Taranga'

Most Viewed