Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 22:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Best Automobile designing institutes?

Hi!
I wish to pursue a professional course in Auto designing after i complete my engg.I want to know if there are good institutes in India or should i look abroad?
I know of this one called ISD(Institut Superieur de Design) in Pune.It's a France based institute which provides a 2 year professional course in Transport design.It's got a full time faculty from Europe and placements are mostly abroad.
Can anyone help me find the best institutes?

Thanks.
Old 18th March 2014, 01:05   #2

Re: Best Automobile designing institutes?

Hey Hello Zohaib,

Well I'm sure its more than late for you to get a reply to a question almost 4 years later, but i am replying with a hope that it may help someone else as enthusiastic as you are.
Well, to be a car designer, one may pursue a course in Transportation and/or automobile design.
In india, the available colleges are:
National Institute of Design (Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
Industrial Design Cell, IIT Mumbai.
DSK-ISD Pune,
MIT, Pune.
NID was first in India to begin with such a course. This field, fyi, is extremely competitive, and is best to go for a graduation in it rather than having masters after completing engineering or architecture.
Thinking of abroad, there are many, but the most notable ones are
Pforzheim, Germany
Umea, Sweden
Royal College of Art, London
IED, Turin
CCS, Detroit
Strate, France.

You may try googling the websites of these institutes, as each of them have varied course structures and requisites.
Hope this data proves useful for you and others too.

best regards,

oMK1ar.
Old 18th March 2014, 01:11   #3

Re: Best Automobile designing institutes?

Well i almost forgot to mention.. when i mentioned this field is extremely competitive,
i mainly aimed at placements and even internships. it totally depends on your work quality reflected in your portfolio. There are Indians designing cars with many major car makers globally, but the amount of effort they have put into getting there is tremendous.
so moral of the story, the brand name and ranking of any college doesn't decide one's fate in placements or internships.
All the best man

cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks