Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 09:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

HDFC and ICICI bank advertise they are giving discounts on gold coins (2-3%). If they are actually charging a premium isn't that weird?!
If I buy a 10 gm gold coin and gold is 1400/gm how much will it cost at HDFC etc and at a jeweller shop.

And finally - where can I sell a gold coin for cold cash!
Old 28th April 2009, 10:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
HDFC and ICICI bank advertise they are giving discounts on gold coins (2-3%). If they are actually charging a premium isn't that weird?!
If I buy a 10 gm gold coin and gold is 1400/gm how much will it cost at HDFC etc and at a jeweller shop.

And finally - where can I sell a gold coin for cold cash!

My friend got one 5gm Mudra from HDFC Yesterday. Hole in the pocket is more than 8000 INR. Wonder how they arrive at the costing of gold at bank.

You cannot sell the coin back to the bank. Best choice would be to sell it to your jeweller.

And to reduce the costs further, One can buy bars/coins from the jeweller itself and sell it back to him for COLD CASH
Old 28th April 2009, 10:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

The banks sell 24K gold. But still they are costlier than what one can get at a Jeweller's shop.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:58   #19
BANNED

Why would someone buy something when it has the highest possible demand in the whole year?

Buy when no one is buying - Basics no?
Old 28th April 2009, 11:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Gold is trading at almost all time high.
Absolutely bad time to invest.
Akshaya Tritiya or Akshaya Dwitiya, doesn't make any economic sense.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
One can buy bars/coins from the jeweller itself and sell it back to him for COLD CASH
Are you sure about this?
A few months ago I was in "I want to invest in gold mode" and I inquired from family/friends. Everyone told me that I can exchange raw gold (bar/coin) for gold jewelery and not for cash.
Can any one confirm this please?

Edit: How about Gold ETFs. Are they worth it?
Regards,

Last edited by amohit : 28th April 2009 at 12:08.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Can any one confirm this please?
Edit: How about Gold ETFs. Are they worth it?
Regards,
Thats the last news I had from JD Paragon.

Believe EFT's are great for Fluidity and costing
Old 28th April 2009, 18:25   #23
BHPian

Government Banks like SBI and PNB offer quite reasonable rates on gold coins which are certified 24K.

But as has been already pointed, this is probably the worst time to buy gold.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:29   #24

Tanishq sells gold goins starting from 5 gms. They provide a certificate of authenticity and buy back also.
Old 26th July 2009, 22:18   #25
BANNED

Has anybody tried selling the coins purchased from the banks? Any feed back please??

And how are prices? (As in a split up form - like "day's rate + premium + tax ... " etc)

AFAICT, HDFC here says it is daily rate + 7% VAT, less a 4% discount if paid on THEIR credit card. Had a colleauge enquire with ICICI a few months back, and he was left feeling dizzy.

Any branded alternative to banks - somebody mentioned Tanishq - any thing else?
Old 27th July 2009, 12:00   #26
BANNED

How about looking for Kruger Rands. May be your jeweller can get them. As for sovereigns virtually all in the market are locally stamped / cast.
Old 27th July 2009, 12:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

never buy from banks. they are just a loot. always buy from a reputed jeweller. i have been fooled by icici bank once. the rate difference was almost 950rs.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:03   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Has anybody tried selling the coins purchased from the banks? Any feed back please??

And how are prices? (As in a split up form - like "day's rate + premium + tax ... " etc)

AFAICT, HDFC here says it is daily rate + 7% VAT, less a 4% discount if paid on THEIR credit card. Had a colleauge enquire with ICICI a few months back, and he was left feeling dizzy.

Any branded alternative to banks - somebody mentioned Tanishq - any thing else?
Coins bought from banks always go at the same rate when compared to coins purchased from elsewhere. What is matters is the purity, Right ?

Just go & sell it any Jeweller and don't worry too much about tax.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:01   #29
BHPian

BANKS REALLY RIP YOU OFF AND NO BUY BACK, IN BANGALORE YOU CAN BUY GOLD COINS FROM BANGALORE REFINERY .THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURES OF GOLD AND SILVER COINS .MOST OF THE REPUTED JEWELLERS GET GOLD AND SILVER COINS MADE FROM THEM .YOU CAN VISIT THERE SITE WWW.BANGALOREREFINERY.COM OR WWW.BRPL.ASIA. THEY R IN THIS BUSINESS FOR THE LAST 30YEARS OR SO.THEY PRICE IS RESONABLE,(certified 24KT) AND BUY BACK ALSO

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th July 2009 at 15:17. Reason: Please avoid typing in ALL CAPS, its bad etiquette and is for shouting aloud. thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 11:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil1300 View Post
BANKS REALLY RIP YOU OFF AND NO BUY BACK, IN BANGALORE YOU CAN BUY GOLD COINS FROM BANGALORE REFINERY .THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURES OF GOLD AND SILVER COINS .MOST OF THE REPUTED JEWELLERS GET GOLD AND SILVER COINS MADE FROM THEM .YOU CAN VISIT THERE SITE WWW.BANGALOREREFINERY.COM OR WWW.BRPL.ASIA. THEY R IN THIS BUSINESS FOR THE LAST 30YEARS OR SO.THEY PRICE IS RESONABLE,(certified 24KT) AND BUY BACK ALSO
Hi Nikhil,
Have you purchased from these people. If yes, then how was your experience. Also would like to know if they have any store around MG road area, from the present contact address it looks like they are present only in Peenya and chickpet area.
Regards,
Deepak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks