Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 23:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

carfreak ji - I was asking B&T saab

I agree with others - his friend is taking him for a ride. If he has already carried in worth some 5-7 years worth of medicines - why is he asking for a similar quantity.
Old 29th April 2009, 02:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

mr b&t is already on his flight out from india to dubai. lets end this discussion here. lol
Old 29th April 2009, 02:49   #33
BHPian

My brother was also skeptic abut carrying medicine to UAE that too Homeopathic , but in the end he ended up taking close to 500 tablets,Nobody questioned about this,but he had his prescriptions with him,but B&T's Friend might have asked for 300 no of tabs ...not 300 strips.
Old 29th April 2009, 10:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Did you read my link? Medicines in any form are a no-no. Be prepared to be a sarkari guest on arrival
Medicines are okay if they are in small quantities. 300 strips is sure way to get into trouble.

Though it MUST be declared.

My experience with Dubai / UK / US is

1. You just need to put tick marks into the immigration form that says "Do you have any food item / medicine in your luggage?"
2. Baggage will be put in through X Ray again
3. If dog barks (dogs that sniff for drugs) then each and every things needs to be accounted for [Prescription for meds / Proper food labels for Namkeens / Sweets]
4. Med strips show up on scanners, for 4 - 5 strips nobody even bothers to question.

I usually carry Paracetamol / Combiflame / Ciprox (Ciprofloxacin) and declare it. No issues with one or two strips of each.

300 strips is surely "commercial" quantity. It might or might not be caught in Primary X-Ray screening (That is if you don't declare it yourself). But its simple asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If he has already carried in worth some 5-7 years worth of medicines - why is he asking for a similar quantity.
And meds will expire in 2 - 3 years max

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 29th April 2009 at 10:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks