Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 01:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which electric shaver/razor do you recommend?

interesting thread.

Currently i grow beard for 5-6 days and 7th day i have to do the tough job of shaving. some time even so happened that i kept beard for like 20-25 days so that i can get ROI at barber shop

I am looking for a trimmer. I just need to trim the beard once in 3-4 days. Kindly suggest me one around 2-3K range. some how I dont prefer clean shave, not really interested in electrical shaver, a simple trimmer will do
Old 9th January 2011, 08:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
BTW I prefer the cut throat straight razor.
Nothing beats that experience!
I love it too! But I prefer the barber to weild it, rather than me!
Old 9th December 2011, 13:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Cool, what's not in T-BHP

I was looking for this one Philips HQ6940 3 Headed: Philips Shaver: For Men: Dual Blade: Flipkart.com

Any feedback on such shavers? Does it really help?

I assume that this is allowed in the cabin baggage of Air crafts. Right?
Old 9th December 2011, 15:43   #49
BHPian

I normally do a wet shave with a Gillette, but when rushed use a cheap Panasonic battery shaver, uses 2 AA cells. Bought it for 600 baht in Thailand around two years back. Works very well, and easy to clean.

Last edited by filcord : 9th December 2011 at 15:44.
Old 9th December 2011, 15:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Cool, what's not in T-BHP

I was looking for this one Philips HQ6940 3 Headed: Philips Shaver: For Men: Dual Blade: Flipkart.com

Any feedback on such shavers? Does it really help?

I bought this Philips HQ6970 3 Headed: Philips Shaver: For Men: Dual Blade: Flipkart.com from flipkart and it does a good job. Only issue is the skin tends to become dry after shaving unlike the old good cheap razor.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

I use the following trimmer. Very good product, runs on AA batteries, strong blades and easy to use.

Panasonic ER240BP Beard: Panasonic Shaver: For Men: Single Blade: Flipkart.com
Old 9th December 2011, 20:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

after years of shunning, I have started to use my Panasonic ES3833S Pro-Curve Wet/Dry Travel Shaver with Case, Silver again. What I realized is that I was trying to use it as fast as a regular razor and cutting myself. Be a little patient and it works like a charm. I used eneloop batteries and I have forgotten when I charged it last, probably 6 months ago. I am not a regular shaver, currently I am keeping a stubble, only shave the area under the chin, still wonderful!

for trimming I use a full size hair trimmer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IVEQ) at number 1 or number 2 comb depending upon I need a stubble or a thick beard. It's other use is trimming my kids hair until they are ready for a barber shop, and fixing my side burns every few days
Old 12th December 2011, 10:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Just ordered in Flipkart. Surprisingly says delivery as 20th Dec. Anyway, will check.

I think the one with the chords are ok for me and hence decided to go with this than the 6970.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Just ordered in Flipkart. Surprisingly says delivery as 20th Dec. Anyway, will check.

I think the one with the chords are ok for me and hence decided to go with this than the 6970.
Flipkart gives an elongated delivery dates. I am sure they will deliver this to you tomorrow or the day after (Based on my experiences with a couple of recent orders.).
Old 12th December 2011, 14:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I am interested to know this info. I would travel w/o checked in baggage if this be the case

Quote:

If you stay at a place which has no plug point near the mirror, you are stuck. Cordless ones are usually better IMO. The panasonic trimmer I use needs charging less than once a month.
Old 1st November 2013, 20:23   #56
BHPian

Which would be the best of electric shavers, now? I would like to buy one here in US for use in India. I am looking at 'Phillips Norelco' series, and there are plethora of models with lots of features.

Please suggest some models and features one need to look out for in electric shavers.

Old 2nd November 2013, 11:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Being a Philips user - in the past, I would recommend the Cruzer from Braun. Comfortable, and over time doesn't lose its performance. But finally its your call. My only suggestion; no matter which brand, try it with skin oils (Like K series Alpha). Makes a world of difference.

Which would be the best of electric shavers, now? I would like to buy one here in US for use in India. I am looking at 'Phillips Norelco' series, and there are plethora of models with lots of features.

Please suggest some models and features one need to look out for in electric shavers.

[/quote]
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:35   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Due to licensing reasons Philips is labelled Norelco in the US. I currently have an 8 series dry shaver (three rows of cutters) which I bought in Dubai in 1911. The exact number is market specific. My son got a 7 series wet/dry shaver at the same time.
Old 15th November 2013, 22:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

I had posted this on the home appliance thread.
sgiitk was kind enough to point me to this thread.

Has anyone been able to source the "Made in India" Parker safety razors here in India? Ironically they only export it to the western world.

Merkur razors are among the finest, and demand an even higer premium thanks to the "Made in Germany" tag.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th November 2013 at 10:40.
Old 19th November 2013, 10:47   #60
BHPian

Interesting thread. Can i use this for asking one big question

Electric shavers are useful for the beard/chin area. I had used the dry shavers and they really made my skin rough. I now use the regular razor - Mach 3 for the beard

What about Head Shave ? I am voluntarily bald and i prefer Mach 3 to any other including Fusion etc for keeping it bald. I shave my head every week, however at times i do it between the week.

Most Viewed