Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 13:56   #226
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which electric shaver/razor do you recommend?

Guys, need some help with an Electric Shaver. I have never used one in my life. My friend has recommended one below. He swears by it & has been using it since the past 8 yrs! How good is the one below or should I just stick with Philips One Blade which has got good reviews here? I don't have a beard, prefer clean shaven look most times.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...G9ONZD7S&psc=1
Old 25th May 2021, 14:35   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Guys, need some help with an Electric Shaver. I have never used one in my life. My friend has recommended one below. He swears by it & has been using it since the past 8 yrs! How good is the one below or should I just stick with Philips One Blade which has got good reviews here? I don't have a beard, prefer clean shaven look most times.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...G9ONZD7S&psc=1
I moved from a rotary shaver to Philips One Blade about couple of years back. And, there is no going back.

One of the biggest differences between them is the cost of blades. Philips One Blade is around Rs 800, whereas HQ8 is around Rs2.5K. I felt both feel kind of "blunt" after 6 months of usage. YMMV.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 15:29   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I moved from a rotary shaver to Philips One Blade about couple of years back. And, there is no going back.

One of the biggest differences between them is the cost of blades. Philips One Blade is around Rs 800, whereas HQ8 is around Rs2.5K. I felt both feel kind of "blunt" after 6 months of usage. YMMV.
6 months!!!

Man, i have been using this one blade for almost a year and I don't get over 20 days on a blade! The whole thing goes green on me.

Granted a stylist (old guy by the street somewhere in MP or UP, i don't remember) told me i had the toughest beard he had ever shaved in his decades of practice. He had to run two blades thrice over my face. I also detest having another guy feel my face up, so i don't get shaved outside unless am traveling and dont have access to a mirror.

So 800 bucks every 3 weeks is drilling me. But the one blade doesn't hurt my skin, gives me a neat 7'0 clock look (pm) in a couple of hours after my shower in the morning. It remains a
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:27   #229
Senior - BHPian

I have bought almost every shaver out there (Philips, Braun, Wahl etc), and settled with Philips One. Its been a year and two blade changes. I get the best shave/trim with this. If at all you need to buy an electric shaver look for those imported WAHL models. Much better than philips
Quote:
should I just stick with Philips One Blade which has got good reviews here? I don't have a beard, prefer clean shaven look most times

Last edited by Sebring : 25th May 2021 at 19:30.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:49   #230
BANNED

Quote:
I have bought the Philips OneBlade a month back and have used it 4 times so far. I'm loving the shaver and don't think I'll be going back to the conventional razor blade setup.

Which electric shaver/razor do you recommend?-img_20210420_111908_copy_1600x2844tile.jpg

Planning to buy a spare blade for the same from Amazon since the current one may work for a couple more shaves.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 18:30   #231
AZT
BHPian

Picked up the Wahl Professional trimmer recently and happy with it. Would suggest this over any regular trimmer if you have a hard stubble. A bit on the expensive side but one of those long term investments.

This one is also popular with salons so definitely durable. Had brought mine from Vijay Sales store and it's still cheaper there than Amazon.

https://www.vijaysales.com/wahl-prof...r-silver/13850
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 12:33   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Gentlemen, I'm looking for a great electric daily shaver (I'm clean shaven & shave daily, even on Sundays). Your posts got me interested. Would you suggest I buy one of these. Does the set come with extra blades? Thanks in advance for your trouble.
Very delayed reply but for what it’s worth I use a Braun Series 7. Purchased it in 2014 and it’s still going strong. I would recommend this or the series 9.

You have to purchase the blades separately but that last quiet a while.

Lockdown prices for these on Amazon seem crazy!
DaiusPitar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 15:10   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Any good sources for blades and other replacement parts in India? Earlier, I used to easily get them from the US as someone or the other from our team would be traveling. Now with the pandemic, that source has dried up and will be this way for at least another year.
Old 28th May 2021, 15:16   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Very delayed reply but for what it’s worth I use a Braun Series 7. Purchased it in 2014 and it’s still going strong. I would recommend this or the series 9.

Lockdown prices for these on Amazon seem crazy!
https://www.amazon.in/Braun-Electric...2195083&sr=8-4

Thank you for your suggestion. Is this what you are referring to?
Old 28th May 2021, 15:30   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Any good sources for blades and other replacement parts in India? Earlier, I used to easily get them from the US as someone or the other from our team would be traveling. Now with the pandemic, that source has dried up and will be this way for at least another year.
No leads as of now. Fortunately, I had picked a few replacement blades and the cleaning kit the last time I visited the US. So I am stocked up for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
https://www.amazon.in/Braun-Electric...2195083&sr=8-4

Thank you for your suggestion. Is this what you are referring to?
Yes, this one is similar to what I have. But it is outdated even within the Indian context. Refer:
https://in.braun.com/en-in/male-groo...havers-for-men

Funnily enough, Croma appears to have a mispriced unit in stock for sale online:
https://www.croma.com/braun-series-7...lack-/p/194298

My own model is the 790cc. This is a Dry Shave only unit that has since been replaced by Dry and Wet shavers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th May 2021 at 17:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
DaiusPitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:32   #236
BHPian

What is the best trimmer available on market which gives an almost clean shave look?

Any brands in particular that I would be recommended?

I was looking for a point .1 mm trimmer, but I see nothing on Amazon or Flipkart.

Should I stick with the point .5 mm trimmer instead, that will almost give me a clean shave look?

Note: I do not want to buy any kind of shavers, as they unnecessarily irritate my skin.
Old 7th July 2021, 07:04   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
What is the best trimmer available on market which gives an almost clean shave look?

Any brands in particular that I would be recommended?

I was looking for a point .1 mm trimmer, but I see nothing on Amazon or Flipkart.

Should I stick with the point .5 mm trimmer instead, that will almost give me a clean shave look?

Note: I do not want to buy any kind of shavers, as they unnecessarily irritate my skin.
Philips Oneblade. Look up previous pages.

I had the same requirements as you. Very happy.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:26   #238
Senior - BHPian

Guys - I have been using a Philips Aquatouch for the past 15 months and have been very satisfied with it's daily performance, but now it's rotary blades are shod and I need a replacement of the blades. I checked up Philips Norelco SH50 blades and they seem to be costing as much, if not more than a replacement razor!!! My current razor unit is perfectly fine, and it would be a pity to replace it all.
So, knowing many of you have used this razor system in the past, what do you suggest I do? My use case is only shaving (beard and head every day).
Old 4th October 2021, 07:52   #239
BHPian

I managed to get a steal deal on ShopClues for a Philips Oneblade yesterday. Seeing the previous reviews of the Oneblade , I was eyeing it for a while but it was in the range of ₹1700-1800₹
. Was waiting for the sale and I found a link in ShopClues where it was giving it away for ₹879 when compared Amazon(₹1749) didn't want to miss out on this juicy deal hence jumped in.
Attached Thumbnails
Which electric shaver/razor do you recommend?-screenshot_20211004074501__01.jpg  

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 4th October 2021 at 07:54.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 15:08   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestions for a good body trimmer? I have the Philips, but it kinda sucks after two years now.

Most Viewed