Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 12:38   #136
BHPian

Re: Airtel is rejecting MNP requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post

Has anyone faced this with Airtel before? Any tips of how I can complain higher within Airtel?
Ouch...I recently moved out of Vodafone to Airtel ( in Mumbai), to experience LTE calls on iPhone, which Vodafone still doesn't have.
Paid twice my last bill amount to Vodafone and the porting was really effortless.
Sad to hear about Airtel's cheapo tactics.
Regarding Jio, be sure to verify their voice network. While everyone raves about their data, I have 5-6 users reveiew ( from Mumbai & Baroda) stating that voice connectivity is sad on Jio, the reason being that they dont have 2g/3g to fall back upon when LTE fails. It is good as a secondary number, but using it as a Primary number is dubious.
Old 28th March 2018, 14:08   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You could write to the Airtel nodal officer for your circle.
Thanks. I just got the email id of the Airtel nodal officer. Will write to him shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Regarding Jio, be sure to verify their voice network.
I already own another Jio phone. The voice network is great in that. In fact I get Jio network even in places which Airtel shows in their Ads.
Old 28th March 2018, 14:28   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Has anyone faced this with Airtel before? Any tips of how I can complain higher within Airtel?
Try this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...me-you-do.html
Old 29th March 2018, 18:54   #139
BHPian

Quote:
It is good as a secondary number, but using it as a Primary number is dubious.
Agreed. .

After being with Airtel for a long time( 12 years). Reason was the intermittent loss of network and ever call vice would keep breaking for a second and comes back up. this went on for 3 months , answer is received was Airtel is upgrading their towers and it will be resolved soon, which never happened. It was not a phone issue(replaced my phone too).

I shifted to Jio from Airte and i am regretting it , forget about the high data speed , Jio does not even get the data speeds that i was getting with Airtel.

i want to port back to Airtel but it says 90 days is mandatory, is there an exception to this or any other way to port back to Airtel?

Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 00:05   #140
BHPian

Re: The Airtel Thread

I use Vodafone , Airtel and Jio in Mumbai .

I rank them in the above mentioned order .

All three support voice over lte in Mumbai .

Vodafone's Volte is slightly buggy compared to Airtel and Jio Volte .

I find Vodafone the best and most transparent in billing .

Jio has no fallback to 3g/2g . That's bad sometimes .

Jio has less than average data speeds .

I find Vodafone and Airtel better in this regard .
Old 30th March 2018, 12:10   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post

i want to port back to Airtel but it says 90 days is mandatory, is there an exception to this or any other way to port back to Airtel?
Unfortunately no. You have to wait for the mandatory 90 days, till you can port out again.
What you can do is buy a prepaid sim of some other company and divert all calls to that number for 3 months. Atleast, you won't miss out on your calls. Data also can be used of the better company. Outgoing, you can choose the old number,so that people don't get confused seeing your new temporary number.

Fortunately for me, Airtel has been okaish, infact even better in data reach where Vodafone wouldn't have any data. After 3 months, if Vodafone has LTE calling for iPhone, will port back to them ( just because of better international roaming postpaid plans).
Old 30th March 2018, 13:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately no. You have to wait for the mandatory 90 days, till you can port out again.
What you can do is buy a prepaid sim of some other company and divert all calls to that number for 3 months. Atleast, you won't miss out on your calls. Data also can be used of the better company. Outgoing, you can choose the old number,so that people don't get confused seeing your new temporary number.
Thank you for the solution, never thought of this, will try it today itself.
Old 30th March 2018, 13:08   #143
BHPian

I have been having issues with Airtel as well.
Since past few months the 4G net has become frustratingly slow.After complaining every other day the problem was resolved only to recur again later.Also I was being charged for services which were already there in my postpaid plan.
This has happened twice.If you complain about the extra frivolous charges they ask you to cough up the amount and assure you that they will discount the extra amount on the next bill.

But guess what? they repeat the same charade again.
I used to vouch airtel's network and customer care once , sadly its not the case anymore.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 30th March 2018 at 13:09.
Old 30th March 2018, 13:23   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I use Vodafone , Airtel and Jio in Mumbai .

I rank them in the above mentioned order .

All three support voice over lte in Mumbai .

Vodafone's Volte is slightly buggy compared to Airtel and Jio Volte .

I find Vodafone the best and most transparent in billing .

Jio has no fallback to 3g/2g . That's bad sometimes .

Jio has less than average data speeds .

I find Vodafone and Airtel better in this regard .

I live in Bangalore. I too have similar experience. Signal availability Airtel>Jio>Vodafone, 4g speeds Vodafone>Airtel>Jio, Voice stability Airtel>Vodafone>Jio
Old 14th April 2018, 12:34   #145
BHPian

Billing fraud by Airtel

In anticipation of the many calls that I needed to make to the UAE last month, I opted for their ISD umbrella pack at INR 50; wherein call charges will be discounted to INR 9 pm instead of INR 13 pm. Got the bill and was charged at INR 13.

Airtel argues that the per minute call rate is actually INR 15 and the discount is only INR 2 and therefore the charge of INR 13 is correct. There is no mention of this on their website.

Airtel has over charged by INR 496. How can I get them to correct this ?

ISD call charges - https://www.airtel.in/isd-call-charges
Umbrella pack - http://www.airtel.in/forme/whats-new...ed-isd-tariffs
Old 31st October 2018, 10:38   #146
Oxy
BHPian

Received a message yesterday saying my postpaid plan will be upgraded to the 299 infinity plan from my next billing cycle. I am currently on the 99 corporate plan.

Shot a mail to them from my corporate mail id saying i don't want this forced plan change, and I got another SMS saying that mail id is not my registered mail id with Airtel. Sent the same email from my personal mail, no response from them.

Called them today and asked them to make sure my plan isn't changed. First I am told I don't have a choice as this is being done en masse. On persisting they say they have taken my request and will try their best.

What nonsense is this? Anyone else on the same boat?
Old 31st October 2018, 13:28   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Wanted to check if there are others who are facing a similar issue.

I would suggest taking this up directly with the nodal office, I always follow the thumb rule, first take it up with customer care if that is not going anywhere then its nodal office and twitter, that always gets the job done.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:26   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Received a message yesterday saying my postpaid plan will be upgraded to the 299 infinity plan from my next billing cycle. I am currently on the 99 corporate plan...
That plan still exists?

I was on this plan for close to 10 years, but them went for 299 plan when I ported to TN circle. Was told I cannot carry on with the same plan, as I was not part of the old company and also that plan is no longer available.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:28   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I would suggest taking this up directly with the nodal office, I always follow the thumb rule, first take it up with customer care if that is not going anywhere then its nodal office and twitter, that always gets the job done.
That is correct. I finally got the job done. Airtel tried its very best to stall the process. Not only have they lost a customer, but they also ensured that I will dissuade others from taking Airtel too. Even their Nodal office was not much of a help, had to put in the request 4 times before it finally got approved. I also took it up on their Twitter handle and Facebook page.

It's really sad to see reputed companies like these take consumers for a ride. They thrive on the fact that not many will put up a fight; most will just resign to fate and continue with their pathetic service. And this is what really irritates me. Large companies with small minds and even smaller hearts.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:44   #150
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
That plan still exists?

I was on this plan for close to 10 years, but them went for 299 plan when I ported to TN circle. Was told I cannot carry on with the same plan, as I was not part of the old company and also that plan is no longer available.
This is what I am being told as well, that the plan is being withdrawn.

Most Viewed