Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The Airtel Thread

Screwed royally by Airtel because I did not read the fine print carefully!

Didn't know that the data pack do not work when on roaming, they work at the default 3p/10KB rate when on national/international roaming.

Realized only after using for 3 days that my unbilled usage was abnormally high!

Charging for Data on roaming is just daylight robbery!
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

I have been facing the Voice & Data Network issue Since July2012.
All i say, Their Customer care is very pathetic and they are unable to understad our concern and repeatedely saying the same as Automated machines.
My 3G DataCard has an issue from July2012, It's connected but no Data transactions(Internet is not working), Now not detect the signal inside my home (Guindy) which is heart of the Chennai City.
I contact Customer care. They guided me to do a lot of changes in DataCard Configuration, Nothing had been useful.
Then advised me to change the SIM card and did it. Still no use.
advised me to change to change th Datacard which is by God grace in Warranty so went to the Haewii service centre and replaced it thoug they replaced the Chip Set and not the entire unit and IMEI Number was changed. Still it's not working.
Again they asked me to check the Haewii service centre again and SC replaced the Datacard again. Now i don't even get the Signal and approhing Airtel Customer care, they told they can't anything more and some one from Customer Care(Not to divulge the name) unofficially adivsed me to change the provider
Literally they are lack in Customer service and some what techology too.
I have spent some Rs. 1000 on Datacard and i asked them to revert the amount till the time, i'll fight with them and now they won't take my request on this issue and asked me to conatc Nodal Officer and those are a bunch of jokers, whenever i send a mail, without noticing the mail content they simply send a reply (Not an automated one) with some ornamental words.
I am really lost the hope of Airtel. Long Live Airtel.

I have 3 Voice conenctions and 1 Data Connection.

Thinking of changing the entire things.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am having mobile connection of Airtel Karnataka. I face frequent problems in some places - my office is in the TN KA border, so i get both networks when at office. The problem is that most of my calls gets dropped when connected to karnataka network. This does not happen with tamilnadu network. So I am forced to latch to roaming network always while at office.
Is there any solution to come out of this issue other than opting for another service provider?
I had called their customer care multiple times and finally lost hope.
If you can wait for 27 days
Old 5th April 2013, 11:45   #64
Team-BHP Support

I just got a call from someone claiming they are calling on behalf of Airtel.

The girl asks me if I know someone whose name is x.
x is a very common name.

I say yes, she is my aunt. What is the issue.
The girl tells me that x has dues of 10,000 rupees and can I please provide her number or address.

Now my dear airtel.
Do you remember how last week you added a Value added service without my requesting it.
Do you know how when I called up customer care, I was told I have to pay 60p for 3 minutes.
Then you kept me on hold.
Then the customer support guy hung up on me.

Now I don't think my aunt has ever had an airtel connection. She has not been in India for a really long time. In fact she went to the middle east sometime in the last century.

So I ask the caller, what is the father's name of x.
She does not know.

Well airtel, even if I know x do you think I will help you.
Old 5th April 2013, 12:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Anyone facing 3G problems on Airtel prepaid cards in Ahmedabad? I don't know if it's me or the soup Airtel has been in lately, I just can't get a 3G signal. 2G runs fine, but there's no 3G. Has the 3G ban been implemented already in other states where Airtel didn't have a licence to operate 3G services? Can anyone confirm?
Old 8th April 2013, 02:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I just got a call from someone claiming they are calling on behalf of Airtel.
Had a similar experience in the past. They wanted more details about a friend of mine (who had surrendered his connx and went abroad), who they said owed them some significant figure. They must have gotten my number from his call log.

I'v had an extremely bitter relationship with AirHELL, until I finally got rid of it couple years back. Its one of my most hated brands. So goes without saying I was not remotely interested in giving them any details.

When I asked my friend, he said he didn't owe them a penny.
Old 8th April 2013, 22:21   #67
BHPian

Hi

How is the Airtel 3G service in mumbai. Am currently on Vodafone and not happy with their 3G service. The 3G signal really drops while indoors.

I have a iphone 5 and the current 3G service is not to the mark with the service dropping in various part of mumbai and therefore am keen to port

Any using Airtel 3G or Reliance 3G in thier I Phone 5
Old 9th April 2013, 09:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

How is the Airtel 3G service in mumbai. Am currently on Vodafone and not happy with their 3G service. The 3G signal really drops while indoors.

I have a iphone 5 and the current 3G service is not to the mark with the service dropping in various part of mumbai and therefore am keen to port

Any using Airtel 3G or Reliance 3G in thier I Phone 5
Airtel 3G in Mumbai is 3rd G(rade). Call drops on almost all flyovers on the Western Express highway. Same goes for data connectivity. Data speed is definitely not 3G speed.
I use a Samsung S3, so its not a device problem.

About switching from Voda to Airtel - The grass is always greener on the otherside until you realize its fertilized with bullshit!!

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 9th April 2013 at 09:23.
Old 9th August 2013, 00:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

How Airtel helps promote black economy

How Airtel helps promote black economy

I’d visited the nearest Airtel office on 30-July for getting another SIM card because I’d lost my mobile. The people at the branch said, they don’t stock one & it would take a week for them to get one & adviced me to visit another Airtel office a little farther as they have adequate stock.

When I visited the other branch...
1. They charged me Rs 100 for the SIM instead of Rs 25. I was told that the SIM costs Rs 25 by Airtel customer care people earlier.
2. So I asked for a receipt for which they declined & said, they cannot provide a bill because what they’re doing is service & they also added that, they will be taxed if they provide me a bill

I’ve lodged a ticket 1327226513 by calling 9840012345, however the customer care says that this ticket neither remains open or closed & the status cannot be tracked because this is not a complaint number.

I've sent 3-4 emails to 121@in.airtel.com as mentioned by customer care & everyday I've been getting calls from someone in Airtel around evening & I've to explain them the issue. All of them are trained to say they'll get back to me & as usual they don't.

I don't see how to resolve this issue as customer care doesn't track this as complaint, emails are being lost & at this rate I'm sure the evening calls will also stop at some point.

I'm not really concerned about my Rs 100; however, I suspect the non issuance of receipt is a big scam; if that specific branch sells about 10 SIM a day without receipt, which makes 10 X 100 = Rs 1000 a day & that makes easily about Rs 30000 a month evading tax. There must be atleast 100 Airtel office in Chennai which easily makes Rs 30000 X 100 = Rs 3000000. I wonder what percentage of rate goes to Airtel from all these unscrupulous dealers from nationwide to Airtel every month!!!

Can anyone advice me as what else can be done on this or should I let it go pls?

Last edited by aargee : 9th August 2013 at 00:51.
Old 9th August 2013, 07:50   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Aargee, that is unacceptable. Please contact the nodal officer listed on your last Bill. These folks are empowered to take action- unlike the customer "care" at call centres- and you will definitely get a resolution.

Please include add much detail as you can in your complaint and insist that you want your money back as well as strict action on the corrupt employees. It should work.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Aargee, that is unacceptable...corrupt employees. It should work.
True it's unacceptable, but what to do if one is determined to contribute?

Called up Nodal officer number, 9952434865; it's an IVR that gives 2 options.
Press 1 if I've some complaint number
Press 2 if I don't have the number

Since I don't have the complaint number (the complaint number registered using 121 is not valid here) I'd to dial 2. When I press 2, it says to call up 121 & register the complaint. How tricky isn't it?

Now, here's the irony. The complaint number that was registered dialing 9840012345/121 is 1327226513, they say IS NOT A COMPLAINT NUMBER!!! They say it's some infraction or infatuation number; it neither remains closed or open & cannot be tracked.

To raise the complaint, I've to send email to 121@in.airtel.com, which I'm doing once in 3 days. The very next day after sending the email, someone calls up & inquires about the issue & tells me that they'll get back & after that...phew!! no show!!!

And this game is going on for last 10 days; finally it took this much time for my stupid brain to understand that Airtel & dealers go hand in hand for generating black money
Old 11th August 2013, 12:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
True it's unacceptable, but what to do if one is determined to contribute?

And this game is going on for last 10 days; finally it took this much time for my stupid brain to understand that Airtel & dealers go hand in hand for generating black money
Please send a mail to the nodal officer of your area

http://www.airtel.in/applications/xm...dalOfficer.jsp

Do not entertain any voice calls, tell them to communicate through email only.

If nodal officer does not cooperate, threaten him/her that you would escalate the matter to ombudsman. That would be sufficient to get his/her attention.

Rohan
Old 11th August 2013, 12:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Please send a mail to the nodal officer of your area
Fantastic; email sent. Thanks

But not sure how ombudsman will come into help as I believe they're for banking services. Let's see how the Nodal office responds.
Old 11th August 2013, 14:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Fantastic; email sent. Thanks

But not sure how ombudsman will come into help as I believe they're for banking services. Let's see how the Nodal office responds.
There is a thread in Shifting Gears, where GTO explains how he had problems with changing his service provider without changing the number. He then contacted the ombudsman and the problem was resolved in no time.

Edit. Found it:
www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/111325-heard-pgportal-gov-about-time-you-do.html

Last edited by rohanjf : 11th August 2013 at 14:18.
Old 11th August 2013, 17:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
There is a thread in Shifting Gears...Edit. Found it:
That is Govt PGP Portal not ombudsman; this is already done; trust me I almost have no faith with anything related to COVERment

Just registered so that no one points finger at me saying "Have you done it?" hehe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks