Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2013, 18:51   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Airtel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Fantastic; email sent. Thanks

But not sure how ombudsman will come into help as I believe they're for banking services. Let's see how the Nodal office responds.
There is not just one ombudsman, there are several ombudsmen for different areas - banking, insurance, telecom etc.

Rohan
Old 11th August 2013, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Best is raise a complaint at http://pgportal.gov.in under department of telecommunications. State the problem in detail. Wait for the magic unfold in 2-3 days. It's so effective that the senior most level people in Airtel would run behind you to get issue resolved.
Old 11th August 2013, 19:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
There is not just one ombudsman, there are several ombudsmen for different areas - banking, insurance, telecom etc
Is it? Pls provide me the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Best is raise a complaint...would run behind you to get issue resolved.
Ok; done. Registered second complaint specifically with DOT (earlier being Dept of Consumer Affairs); let's see if Airtel is running behind me or should I run behind BSNL to change the service provider
Old 11th August 2013, 20:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it? Pls provide me the link

Ok; done. Registered second complaint specifically with DOT (earlier being Dept of Consumer Affairs); let's see if Airtel is running behind me or should I run behind BSNL to change the service provider
Sorry, not able to find the link for ombudsman.

Here is the link for complaint resolution procedure in Airtel. The escalation hierarchy is 121 -> Nodal Office -> Appellate Officer.

http://www.airtel.in/applications/xm...LENAME=Chennai

Rohan
Old 12th August 2013, 10:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Here is the link for complaint resolution procedure in Airtel. The escalation hierarchy is 121 -> Nodal Office -> Appellate Officer.
Lol; Anna...this I've done already; atleast 4 times until now in last 10 days

This is the outcome I've posted in my 1st two posts. These are all for namesake only, nothing seem to be moving. Like I said, I now seriously suspect if all these are done hand in hand with the Airtel & their dealers.
Old 13th August 2013, 18:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Update
Got a call from Airtel Delhi office stating they're questioned from PGPortal; as usual they give the blah blah & ask what went wrong, how it went wrong; after explaining & blurted out saying that I'm explaining all this for nth number of time to nth number of person & there's no hope left & I'll be shifting to BSNL this month end (which I've already made up my mind due to lethargic attitude of Airtel)

Today evening, I get a call from that same Airtel office; they asked me to come in person with the phone & they will transfer Rs 100 to my phone...WOW!!!

Since this seems to be a clear buy out, something like fishy & didn't sound good; I mean, they want to refund the Rs 100 and also let me have the SIM, which means, I'm charged nothing. When asked if they're giving me for free, they admitted YES.

I didn't want to accept that offer & wanted to see what's really going on; so I clearly said, I only need the receipt & they went on saying they're providing a service (charity service or social service or what?) & they don't have provision to provide a receipt. In that case, I asked them to consult with Airtel & get back to me.

Let's see how it goes...
Old 13th August 2013, 20:43   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Update
Got a call from Airtel Delhi office stating they're questioned from PGPortal; as usual they give the blah blah & ask what went wrong, how it went wrong; after explaining & blurted out saying that I'm explaining all this for nth number of time to nth number of person & there's no hope left & I'll ..
So the pgportal worked right? Cool
Old 13th August 2013, 21:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Seems like your problem is going to be solved soon. But I guess the malpractice of charging 100 Rs and not providing a receipt will continue until more and more people start using pgportal.

On a lighter note, I can proudly say "see, I told you" :-P
Old 14th August 2013, 21:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
So the pgportal worked right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Seems like your..."see, I told you" :-P
Please wait folks, story not over yet!

Update
While it's true that lodging a complaint in pgportal worked, but, now I'm having a bigger dilemma to deal with & sincerely REQUEST everyone's suggestion here...

Today morning I received a call from Airtel & that didn't seem to be the regular "will check & get back to you" kind; this lady says that they identified two issues...
1. Overcharged me Rs 75 (charging me Rs 100 against the regular SIM price of Rs 25)
2. Non issuance of receipt for the SIM

So she offered the following solution...
1. They'll refund Rs 75 in the next bill
2. They're doing a service & receipt cannot be given for such things

I blurted out to her stating they're not updated as what's going on & regarding the non issuance of receipt, I'll raise a complaint with TRAI.

A few minutes ago, I received the call again from the Airtel office & they said that they'll refund my Rs 100 or they'll refund it in my Airtel bill

Now my line of thoughts...
1. As stated earlier, this simple SIM issue could be churning out crores of money every month & that's probably the reason why they're not issuing a receipt. Since the amount is also very less, people might ignore the minor amount
2. When asked for a bill, they're suddenly willing to refund the entire money as such & that makes me think there must be something fishy going on

The way forward...
1. I'm really in a dilemma whether to accept this offer & keep moving
2. Don't accept this offer, still insist on receipt
3. Formally lodge a complaint to TRAI & pgportal to see how long this issue can be dragged, is anyone even aware of all these things?

And seriously, no joke, this scene is just flashing in my mind often...

Last edited by aargee : 14th August 2013 at 21:37.
Old 10th November 2013, 20:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Anybody facing issues with Airtel 3G /broadband connectivity today? Am unable to use both :/
Old 10th November 2013, 20:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Anybody facing issues with Airtel 3G /broadband connectivity today? Am unable to use both :/
Very poor performance since the last one week here in Bangalore
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:56   #87
BHPian

Airtel network is very bad in our apartment (1 year old). Is there anything the residents can do as individually or as group to persuade Airtel so that the situation improves? Also the mobile networks does not work in the basement. I have seen repeaters installed in office basements, any idea how much it will cost? And generally who will install it - service provider or the facility owner?
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:13   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Airtel network is very bad in our apartment (1 year old). Is there anything the residents can do as individually or as group to persuade Airtel so that the situation improves? Also the mobile networks does not work in the basement. I have seen repeaters installed in office basements, any idea how much it will cost? And generally who will install it - service provider or the facility owner?
One of my old colleagues got this freely installed at her residence (apartment again), after she complained about reception issues to Airtel. It was a free of charge installation, had to do a bit of talking, but eventually installed it for free.
Old 27th September 2014, 00:01   #89
BHPian

Re: 3G Net Connection drops on Airtel?

I am facing this issue of 3G net connection drops on my airtel SIM. I have to reboot the phone(nexus 4 and kitkat) and then it comes on. What might be the issue here? BTW, these days am on roaming in Mumbai. I tried some 'Fast Reboot' apps, but does NOT work as powering off the device and booting again.

Please advise!

Last edited by JMaruru : 27th September 2014 at 00:02.
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:54   #90
BHPian

I am bumping up an old thread to understand if airtel’s Rs. 399 plan is a scam.

Off late I had been receiving notifications and SMS from Airtel about the latest Rs 399 plan which offers 1GB data per day and unlimited calling for a period of 84 days. I believe this plan is to tackle users from migrating to Jio and this plan is lot more similar to Jio as well.

I was hoping to migrate to this plan once the validity of my current plan expired.

But just 2 days before my current plan was going to expire, the notifications about Rs 399 plan stopped and Rs 349 plan, which offers 1GB data per day and unlimited calling for a period of 28 days, became the offer of the day.
I thought it was rotten luck and recharged with Rs 349 and immediately the next day I started getting back notifications of Rs 399 plan.

My friends and I were casually discussing about this topic and only then I realized that Airtel has intentionally withdrawn this offer for customers whose validity is about to expire so that the customers have no choice but to recharge for other denominations.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Most Viewed