Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:31   #91
BHPian

re: The Airtel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Has anyone else faced this issue?
Yes, I have faced these issues. This is all that data mining and intelligence software does for them. I know for sure, they have some logic to force the customers to cough out more moolah at the end of their plans.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:49   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yes, I have faced these issues. This is all that data mining and intelligence software does for them. I know for sure, they have some logic to force the customers to cough out more moolah at the end of their plans.
The key probably lies in just renewing the plan about a day or two ahead of expiry.

In an age where businesses have to make things easier for customers, we have airtel which is nothing short of a streetside hawker trying to always make a fast buck.

They truly deserve the jio onslaught.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

I had switched to Airtel on moving to Gurgaon because with Jio coming out with free 1 GB daily, they offered me a good data plan at competitive rates.

After about three months and tired of frequently losing mobile network (not just 4G, but sim wouldn't register on the Airtel network at all) I switched back to Voda.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:04   #94
BHPian

These days, even their "fastest netorkw" 4g is slower than their earlier 3g speeds. not to mention frequent no service error. The Airtel tech guy who visited my home to assess the signal problem agreed that the signal is low ( this after using airtel for over 5 years with excellent network and great internet speeds on 3g) and that he can only escalate the issue to the technical department. All sorts of issues have cropped up after upgradation to 4g sim .
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:12   #95
Team-BHP Support

Airtel is piss poor almost everywhere in Bangalore, I commute across town five days a week and it's impossible to hold a phone conversation beyond a minute or two tops while on the move, plus the data coverage is slow and unstable most of the day. 4G, you say? Sure!
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:34   #96
BANNED

Is it only me, or people in Gurgaon are also facing the severe connectivity and speed issues in Airtel. I changed my SIM first and then phone, then I discovered that maybe there is something wrong with the network itself.
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:00   #97
BHPian

I have an Airtel and Vodafone sim . Both on 4g in Mumbai . In my experience Vodafone beats Airtel hands down in call quality and 4g/3g network availability for my usage patterns .
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:19   #98
BHPian

Vodafone is excellent in KTK, MH and TN. Hyderabad has the worst wireless network and AirTel is the best among them. Data is good, no complaints.
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:14   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

There seems to be a problem specially during rainfall and overcast conditions.. yesterday the phone was gasping for signals even on the ancient 2G network, 3G and LTE were completely dead. Today its back to normal. Voice reception is another thing though.. I remember 4-5 years back the network was so nice that it felt like communicating face to face, today its full of call drops, buzzing sound, sound as if one is sitting underwater and garbling and overall pathetic quality.

Also 2G speed today is equal to no speed, 3G is strictly average and 4G is just about acceptable when and if the signal is available. Airtel is clearly playing games here.. in 2010-2011 I know for sure that 2G was awesome, I used to play Youtube videos, keep Yahoo Messenger on all the time on the phone and they used to stream/connect seamlessly and all day long while consuming <100 mb a day. Today with the insane demand for data and LTE signals, Airtel is clearly throttling the speeds across the bands. Sad.
Old 3rd September 2017, 17:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Is it only me, or people in Gurgaon are also facing the severe connectivity and speed issues in Airtel. I changed my SIM first and then phone, then I discovered that maybe there is something wrong with the network itself.
I have experienced issues with Airtel in Gurgaon firsthand, and I can confirm many in Delhi/GGN have experienced network issues.
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Posted a similar post in FB and got a overwhelming response.

Based on various complaints, I conclude that Airtel's plan is a scam and they are a big fraudster.

I have been using Airtel's services since the past 13 years and I am seriously contemplating to switch to other networks. Not because of the plans but because of their attitude towards the customers.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 3rd September 2017 at 19:17.
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:42   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Vodafone is excellent in KTK, MH and TN. Hyderabad has the worst wireless network and AirTel is the best among them. Data is good, no complaints.
When you say "Hyderabad has the worst wireless network..." are you referring to Vodafone, per se?

I have a pre-paid Vodafone connection in Hyderabad and face difficulty in accessing data. Every time I have complained, I am nudged to moving to a post paid plan.

Was seriously considering changing the operator. In this context, could I consider your remark ".....AirTel is the best among them" as being specific to Hyderabad.
Old 3rd September 2017, 21:17   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
When you say "Hyderabad has the worst wireless network..." are you referring to Vodafone, per se?

Was seriously considering changing the operator. In this context, could I consider your remark ".....AirTel is the best among them" as being specific to Hyderabad.
I use both Airtel and Vodafone at Hyderabad, and both suffer from signal and call drops. Airtel is the better of the two and their data service is quite good. I am on the move the entire day, so voice and data services matter a lot.
Old 25th October 2017, 23:58   #104
BHPian

Airtel cheats me on international data pack

Here is the ordeal.

I submitted an international roaming and data pack activation request for my Airtel post paid number on 22nd Sep 2017. Prior to activation using the Airtel app, I called up customer service twice to ensure they will take request from the app and lead time of around 12 hours is sufficient.
I also received SMS confirmation that the roaming and data pack is activated.

After reaching abroad, I realized that only roaming is enabled and not the data pack. I called up airtel customer support for rectification and they promised resolution in 1 hour. In that process the first day passed without data and the grievance I had put also was wasted as Airtel failed to resolve my issue. Called Airtel customer support second day. Once again they fooled me stating it will be done in 15min. However there was no resolution the second time as well.
Third day I received an email stating my number has some kind of restriction and they were unable to activate data pack. Since Airtel was unable to resolve the issue for three days and the first two times I was fooled, I was unwilling to work with Airtel for any further resolution.
I sent an email response to Airtel the third day stating that I am withdrawing my request and they should revoke any charges associated with this. Airtel did not respond to it and in this month bill I see they have charged me Rs.2999 for a service that they could not provide.

My biggest frustration is that they put me in extreme discomfort while at a foreign country. I had to make alternate arrangements for data while I was abroad. In that process I had to spend another 4000 rupees.

What options do I have to dispute with Airtel? Has anyone been through this before?
Old 26th October 2017, 00:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Airtel cheats me on international data pack

You are lucky to have an email from them confirming the issue of not being able to activate it on your number and your bill confirming otherwise. First step is going to their Airtel official showroom around your area and take the email and bill to sort it out. On phone you will have to call many times and email the same to their customer service before you get any results.

Just keep your calm and be persistent in your communication, you will get results. They will adjust the amount in your bill but you have to be a bit pushy. While doing so, keep record of all your communication with them along with complaint reference no and don't let them close your complaint without a resolution.

Most Viewed