Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 10:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Influx of IT companies would make it just another Gurgaon or Noida.
I really hope IT doesnt spread its wings in Chandigarh. Let there be a place where one can peacefully retire and live a life without the chaos of metros/NCR.
IT cos have tried making a foray into CHD, they have failed miserably - largely due to the cultural differences between North & South India. Till Noida/GGN it's manageable - but Chd has a hard core - I care a damn attitude, which is completely the opposite of Humble south indian IT work culture. I work for a IT Co in CHD and nobody is willing to work on Friday post Lunch or Monday pre-lunch. I've seen cases where folks have been away during office hours to catch a movie show or have a few pints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
THe article talks only about architecture. To get a best city rating, you need to look at climate, crime, affordable housing, good schools, high paying jobs, cleanliness, responsible government
Climate - One of the best in North India, Crime - Low, Affordable Housing - This is a BIG NO NO for CHD, Good Schools - Definitely YES, High Paying Jobs - Well officially the jobs might not be high paying - but imagining having the Govt offices of 3 states in a 40 SQ KM area and the money under the table is bound to make everybody including the businessmen rich., Cleanliness - Yes, Responsible Govt - To a certain extent yes.

Last edited by sonirohit : 25th July 2009 at 10:33.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:56   #32
Team-BHP Support

huh, thats the weirdest thing I heard. If people wanted to goof off, there would be no industry in Punjab. Ludhina would not be the machine tools and hoisery capitol, and there would be no agriculture.
South india has just had a very good headstart. So when you get momentum, you go on and on.
Old 26th July 2009, 19:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
huh, thats the weirdest thing I heard. If people wanted to goof off, there would be no industry in Punjab. Ludhina would not be the machine tools and hoisery capitol, and there would be no agriculture.
South india has just had a very good headstart. So when you get momentum, you go on and on.
Well - that's wierd but for sure true - Where are industries or Mega-factories in Punjab anymore??? Pubjab is unbeatable when it comes to agriculture or the likes
Old 27th July 2009, 17:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I work for a IT Co in CHD and nobody is willing to work on Friday post Lunch or Monday pre-lunch. I've seen cases where folks have been away during office hours to catch a movie show or have a few pints....
Thats it man! I'm packing my bags and moving to CHD ASAP

Now thats another reason that makes it a Best City to work it. (stress free work culture !!)

Last edited by Mpower : 27th July 2009 at 17:53.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thats it man. I'm packing my bags and moving to CHD ASAP

Now thats another reason that makes it a Best City to work it.
Sure - send me your CV - A little referral amount wont hurt in these recessionary times

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks