Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:14   #16
BHPian

Only call centres like Amex used to have ac cabs and that too before recession, now cost cutting is the in thing and nobody will think of the comfort of their employees. Well i think qualis or innova should just be ok.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Girl View Post
Only call centres like Amex used to have ac cabs and that too before recession, now cost cutting is the in thing and nobody will think of the comfort of their employees. Well i think qualis or innova should just be ok.
You know what. Maybe that position comes after a couple of years,but right now this is the first call centre in our city and we have thought of setting high standards in all regards. Be it transportation for our employees, our equipments,our working environment etc. This I guess is required to keep the attrition rates low and in our case bring more employees into the call centre culture in our small 'lil city.
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

95% of the call centers in Mumbai have shifted to using a Tavera. Would recommend that!
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

^ That my friend is an admin guru speaking - he knoweth.

The tavera is a good bet because it marries lovely bulletproof fuel economy with an AC.

Why not the XYLO?

its CHEAP - it carries enough people - mileage i dunno. it'll be bulletproof - jai mahindra!
Old 9th May 2009, 09:05   #20
BHPian

@isldhn

One question. how is the city's layout and road conditions ( i dont have any idea )? i mean if road conditions are good and the city's residential area layouts are not full of lanes and bylanes then you can go for the winger.

Else avoid the tata winger as it would required employees to take the pick up quite early and thats very irritating for them. you can use the mahindra bolero xl as its the best option. even our cab drivers used to say that its the best vehicle.

You need only provide AC in the summer else it will drive your operational costs high.

Would still recommend vendors. check with ORIX if they are willing to start business in ludhiana.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:21   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
OMNI 8-Seater is the best option.. cheap and low maintenance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
tata magic is another option
I doubt if employees will prefer this.

Solution is pretty situational.

1. Are planning to lease vehicle to MNC BPO or looking forward to use it for domestic / own BPO?

If it is MNC, They will not settle for OMNI/Magic.

2. As you have mentioned , 7-8 seater , Sumo or Tavera seems to be better option that winger or Tempo Travelor for zippy drive in City.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
@isldhn

One question. how is the city's layout and road conditions ( i dont have any idea )? i mean if road conditions are good and the city's residential area layouts are not full of lanes and bylanes then you can go for the winger.

Else avoid the tata winger as it would required employees to take the pick up quite early and thats very irritating for them. you can use the mahindra bolero xl as its the best option. even our cab drivers used to say that its the best vehicle.

You need only provide AC in the summer else it will drive your operational costs high.

Would still recommend vendors. check with ORIX if they are willing to start business in ludhiana.
Hey thanks for your suggestions NOS. Well to clear all doubts, I will be the service provider to the call centre. So I gotta arrange vendors under me. But the problem with our city is that there are no commercial vehicles available for such operations. There maybe many taxi's plying on our roads but all are non commercial vehicles with no permit's and registrations. So I am also in talks with companies like the one you suggested for starting a franchisee kinda thing. Lets see if it works out. Otherwise I have no option rather than starting of with small vendors having private vehicles and slowly building my own fleet of commercial vehicles.l
Old 9th May 2009, 15:01   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey thanks for your .........................private vehicles and slowly building my own fleet of commercial vehicles.l
It is true and pretty Evident from above info that one must have Commercial license for vehicle in order to lease it out. (Yellow Number Plate) . It is not a good idea to put private vehicle to commercial use (Like other taxi people in your city) as local traffic police will be very keen to catch this. Even Most of MNC doesn't enroll for contract if commercial license in not in place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks