Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 13:37   #1
BHPian

Best car as Call centre cab

Hi guy's. Which in your opinion will be the best car to be deployed as a call centre cab for pick up and drop facility. The car would be run in a radius of 100 km's in city. It should be preferably a 7-8 seater one with low maintainence costs. Do you think Maruti Omni(LPG) would be suitable for such a thing. Given it's low costs, and within city travelling I think it should suit this job perfect. Please roll on with your suggestions. They will be highly called for and appreciated.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:55   #2
BHPian

@isldhn

It would make business sense to get the omni 8 seater as it would be very cheap, but keep in mind employees will crib about its lack of any comfort when you squeeze 7 people in it.

Are you planning to get your own fleet?
Would advise against it as costs will be pretty high. Have you explored the option of vendors?
Old 1st May 2009, 13:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

tata magic is another option
Old 1st May 2009, 14:10   #4
BHPian

OMNI 8-Seater is the best option.. cheap and low maintenance!
Old 1st May 2009, 14:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

xylo maybe? one of the cheaper comfortable 7-seaters out there.

cheers
Old 1st May 2009, 14:24   #6
BHPian

Yeah, just came to know that Omni does'nt have any A.C. model too. So I will have to get an external a.c. fitted to it. Do you think it's workable.
I am exploring the option of vendors but we dont have any registered commercial vehicles in our city. So that will be a problem. Why would owning an own fleet prove costly. What do you think of leasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
@isldhn

It would make business sense to get the omni 8 seater as it would be very cheap, but keep in mind employees will crib about its lack of any comfort when you squeeze 7 people in it.

Are you planning to get your own fleet?
Would advise against it as costs will be pretty high. Have you explored the option of vendors?
Old 1st May 2009, 14:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
tata magic is another option
Magic ! i dont think call center employees would want to travel in that !

TATA WINGER is more like it
Old 1st May 2009, 14:30   #8

Bolero XL ! Comfortable, Sturdy, AC, Spacious !
Old 1st May 2009, 14:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Winger plesae. or tavera.

No self respecting call center would want to literally stuff its staff into an Omni as a permanent arrangement.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:00   #10
BHPian

Why isn't anyone suggesting the current favorite in call center cabs - the Tata Sumo ?

The tata Winger is an option but IMO - it gets a little cramped inside in the 12/13 seater version.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:52   #11
BHPian

Yeah My bad. I guess Omni is totally out. It just struck my mind today morn. actually when I was thinking about the scheme our company was offering to it's distributors.
But I guess Winger is a nice option. Came to know by reading a few threads that winger is being used by a lot of call centres in Bangy. Could anyone tell me about it's mileage and maintainence costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Winger plesae. or tavera.

No self respecting call center would want to literally stuff its staff into an Omni as a permanent arrangement.
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:01   #12
BHPian

In terms of employee comfort, nothing beats the Innova. Don't know how cheap it is to maintain it though.
Old 2nd May 2009, 08:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Winger will be too big IMO.
The options IMO best suited to your requirements are :

1) Tata Sumo.
2) Chevrolet Tavera.
3) Mahindra Xylo. This latest entrant is selling in good numbers and is very comfortable.
4) Toyota Innova. The best of all the four cars listed. But its quite expensive to buy in the first place.
Old 2nd May 2009, 09:36   #14
BHPian

Be realistic guys! how many call centres provide their employees with travel luxuries like AC, pushback seats etc? How many companies give Innovas for call centre cabs? Points to be considered would be safe, decently comfortable, min time travel.

isldhn, most of them use Indicabs or Sumo/Tavera (and Temp travellers in case of bigger sized orgs) in Bangalore with each vehicle/s covering a part of the city. Winger is also an option, but its more flexible to have 2 sumo's instead of 1 winger as you can split the route into two & save on travel time. Vendor managed travel would be easier on you as the logistics are taken care by them.

Look at Winger or Sumo/Tavera combinations depending on your load & your $$ factor.

Note: If you observe, recession seem to have taken a toll on the callcentre cabs in Blore. You dont see soo many of them at nights nowadays unlike before. Companies are moving towards cheaper, bigger modes of transport like buses & vans for mass movement instead of individual drops till the door steps.

Last edited by null : 2nd May 2009 at 09:39.
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:02   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Suggested options:

1. Tata Winger

2. Used Qualis

3. Chevy Tavera

4. Mahindra Xylo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks