Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 22:31   #1
BHPian

Locksmith course

Hi, I want to learn to pick all kinds of locks. Is there any accredited trainer who teaches this?

Thanks
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

youtube is your friend

YouTube - how to pick a lock

cheers
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:47   #3
BHPian

As Sankar has stated above, learning something useful is always good. Almost every bit of information can be used negatively, hell a car is a potential murder weapon!

I want to learn this purely to be able to handle all kinds of situations. I also bodybuild & do intensive endurance athletics (Swimming, running & cycling). I plan to join the NDA & military in the future.

Besides, being an expert locksmith is a nice legitimate side business. There's a difference between most local chawi wallahs who open suitcases and simple doorlocks to being a thorough professional who can handle a complicated system.

100% serious.
Old 2nd May 2009, 07:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

you should research and find the correctional facilities having the best subject matter experts in the field, and then get arrested for something in the vicinity.

Alternately, you can advertise the fact that you have XXX amount of cash,YYY amount of gold , all locked up, and wait in the dark for such an expert to show up. then catch him and blackmail him to teach you

Seriously, the interweb is the best place to start
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

Evil,

In order to learn how to truly break something - you need to understand how it works!

Spend some time reading about how locks work, look at diagrams etc.

If i remember right, HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! even has an article on picking locks.

cya
R
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:07   #6
BHPian

There is a plethora of information available on the net (DVDs, PDfs, videos) to learn how to pick any lock with homemade/ improvised tools, you don't need a course for this. I have downloaded some professional lock-picking videos myself and they are pretty good. For obvious reasons I can't post the links here but PM me if you are interested and I'll send you some links

BTW, these lock picking courses are not illegal, it's what you use this information for that makes it legal or illegal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks