Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerkarma View Post
good job!! could u put a few pics of my night time pics also. would be a good contrast.
sorry..your request came in a tad too late. i love this picture with the winding road and hills in the background, when i saw it the first time a thought it was an advertisement for boleros...its that good,cheers - nick
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:33   #62
BHPian

Easy guys. Can we get on with business now?

One request from me, hope the Bolero owners don't mind. Can you guys post some good resolution wallpaper-quality pictures of your Boleros (1024 or more)? With your permission, I am saving some Bolero pictures to be used as wallpapers. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by darklord : 2nd August 2009 at 12:35.
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
is this the one with the crde engine? wow, my car barely hits 120kms
Yes. I have hit hit actual 138 KMPH ( on the GPS) on this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Wow! Some frightfully smart looking 'dabbas' here!

To me, personally, these lame ducks look smarter than the Scorpio! The classic grille and exposed door hinges. I have a weakness for them!
Boxy body, giving you the maximum space on the inside, which is where we expect to be most of the time!
Thank you anupji

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Guys ,
Excellent photos and believe it or not, bolstering my decision to buy a Bolero .

@Milecruncher I have read and re-read you reports on the Storm and it really helps in understanding the vehicle and its limitations.

If only a few more pictures and more importantly reviews of latest Boleros (I know a lot of reviews are available for the older versions but the latest on offering is CRDE) are made available that would be a great help to people like me.
I am about to complete 3 months of ownership of the "STORM" and boy what an excitement filled ownership it has been. I'm absolutely loving it!!! ( to borrow the phrase from McDonald's). I'd be more than happy to answer any queries regarding the CRDe variant
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:58   #64
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@jp1 nice pics. are they both 4wd?
and where were those pics taken? beautiful place.
Thanks, No both are 2Wd, longing for a 4wd, the first three pictures are in Coorg, the next one is near Masinagudi towards Ooty and the last two are Munnar.
jp

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd August 2009 at 13:03. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
To me, personally, these lame ducks look smarter than the Scorpio! The classic grille and exposed door hinges. I have a weakness for them!

Not only do these traits make it look better than the Scorpio (in my humble opinion), both me and my brother feel the handling of the bolero is more predictable and better balanced than the scorpio. Perhaps because of the lower height, the shorter length and the under-powered engine, this vehicle behaves better on the roads than the old scorpios. Again, in my humble opinion.

Boxy body, giving you the maximum space on the inside, which is where we expect to be most of the time!
You'd be disappointed with the space available inside, the midrow passengers will not have much leg room once two big guys (6foot) occupy the driver+co-driver seats. The rear side facing seats can hold 2 children or one 6 footer in comfort. This is all by my personal dimensions, which are not petite by any stretch of anybodies imagination !

Cheers,
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Not only do these traits make it look better than the Scorpio (in my humble opinion), both me and my brother feel the handling of the bolero is more predictable and better balanced than the scorpio. Perhaps because of the lower height, the shorter length and the under-powered engine, this vehicle behaves better on the roads than the old scorpios. Again, in my humble opinion.
Cheers,
I second that: somehow feel so planted on the road while driving at high speed [(110-120kmh) slow in relation to the others, but nonetheless, high speed for a Bolero]. Brakes may be need a bit of boosting, but otherwise feels stable. My personal opinion.
By the way Sriku, when do we get to see pics of Moby? How bout meeting up on the 8th or the 9th?
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:21   #67
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Anup, you took the words out of my mouth! I have a weakness for these 'dabbas' on wheels too. Somehow the basic do-it-all & go-anywhere attitude that the plain lines of the bloreo brings out is sweet! Love this vehicle...bring on more pics boys!!
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:29   #68
BANNED

Some pics of my Bolero.

Off WindTunnel Road:
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-copy-dsc00305.jpg

In Goa:
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00640.jpg

Same place different angle:
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00641.jpg

In Yercaud:
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-yercaud-anniversary-025.jpg

In Yercaud:
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-yercaud-anniversary-029.jpg

At Neeliambatti (Kerala):
All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00756.jpg
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:34   #69
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Sptfire !! I'm sure you have tons more...please post em! And thanks for sharing.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:44   #70
BHPian

Yeh Dil Maange More!

Guys,
Lovely pics of our rides. Sounding repetitive, but what the hell, am really glad that I own a Bolero! Keep the pics coming people.
@ Darxide- more work for you, making collages of all the pics!

Slightly : My idea of a cool Bolero.
1. CRDe engine
2. 4WD, Manual shift, no electronic shift.
3. 5 speed, 1 reverse. 5th. overdrive
4. Power steering.
5. Higher Ground Clearance 200mm minimum.
6. Options for fitting of winch in the front, tow hook at the rear.
7. Better brakes/ braking?
8. Better seats?

Guys feel free to add on to the above.

So is anyone at Mahindra listening?
Dhabhar Behram Sir, your input will be greatly appreciated and valued!

Gautam.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Slightly : My idea of a cool Bolero.
1. CRDe engine
2. .....
3. .....
LOL, BolBolero, I kinda disagree right there at point number one!
Gimme a non-CRDe anyday!

The rest of your points are OK; I agree!
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:49   #72
BHPian

Bol Bolero, I heartily agree with all your observations except that 'CRDI' one. 'CRDI' engines are obscenely sophisticated and don't go well with a simple Jeep like Bolero.In my humble opinion, in a vehicle like Bolero, car like refinement don't count much.Give him the M2DI Turbo Engine of the Scorpio- 70 BHP, 220 Nm of Torque from 1500 RPM onwards, robust, fuel efficient, wayside repairability( though most unlikely to be needed) and bullet proof reliability-and the grunt of the DI ,my boy, that is sound of music, isn't it? Plus a topspeed of 130kms will place the Bolero the most hansome, rugged and practical vehicle on Indian roads. Yes, the Borg warner stuff is nonsense, a clean simple manual 4wheel drive will do.

Last edited by Ashley Nair : 3rd August 2009 at 22:53.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:02   #73
BHPian

Bolero Spl. Edition

@darxide
Some Photos of my Bolero Special Edition. These pics. were originally posted in the thread "08 Special Edition Bolero Launched"

Old 4th August 2009, 10:47   #74
BHPian

excellent pics & cool reg. number too.have you had any luck in improving the seats.my seats are so bad i've stopped driving my bolero-absloutely no under thigh and lumbar support. looking out for set of zen or ikon seats

Last edited by darxide : 4th August 2009 at 10:51.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
excellent pics & cool reg. number too.have you had any luck in improving the seats.my seats are so bad i've stopped driving my bolero-absloutely no under thigh and lumbar support. looking out for set of zen or ikon seats
Thanks.
I am 6' tall and hefty and I too feel the same with my seats. Presently using an additional foam cushion for under thigh support. Planning to take my ride to "Koyas" Coimbatore (speciallists in custom made seats) for modification of my seats.

Most Viewed