Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2005, 12:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, I guess you are wondering wether to go for Fortunar/Tucson...?
Old 3rd June 2005, 02:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Just park the car in a nearby building,tip the watchman about 50rs and take a cab back home.Pick up the car next day.Atleast the car is safe.Thats what i do.
Have driven through floods once in my Esteem years ago.The car stalled,and it was floating like a boat whenever a bus or a truck used to pass through it.

X
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Just park the car in a nearby building,tip the watchman about 50rs and take a cab back home.Pick up the car next day.Atleast the car is safe.Thats what i do.
Have driven through floods once in my Esteem years ago.The car stalled,and it was floating like a boat whenever a bus or a truck used to pass through it.

X
This will work if the parking of that building is not in basement or ground floor.... basements are the first to get flooded when it rains here!
Old 11th June 2009, 12:45   #19
BHPian

Flash floods in Urban areas : What to do?

Well, It poured in bangalore yesterday and on the drive home from Indiranagar to Koramangla was an adventure.
Torrential rains, Fast moving water over a foot deep, several cars stuck in deep water.

I foolhardily drove through several waterlogged areas, almost stalled once when the car slowed down and water almost entered the engine.
This was almost just outside my home and give me a bit of a scare.
Learnt my lesson and will not do it again, but what do you guys do in such cases?

Do you leave the car where it is and walk away?

What should I do in terms of service for the car now? A lot of the underside was immersed in water and I am sure quite a bit got in the engine bay are (not the engine, its running fine).
The linings for the wheel are have broken off due to the water resistance, the clutch shudders a bit and the engine is running coarse. Oh and there is water in the fog lights.
Old 14th June 2009, 08:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

I generally try not to walk in such cases. There is no telling whether a manhole is open or if there is a pit in front. You could also be hit by something flowing in the water which can cause serious injury.

I have faced this scenario quite a few times in Tirupur. If your engine is running fine, there should be no cause for worry. The water in the fog lights will drain the same way it went in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks