Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 11:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

They can simply say that they've been busy tracing the car all the time, just to receive this news from the garage owner. It's just the usual way of taking a bribe. You can try asking them how they knew the car was in Bangalore and their motivation to search for a car which was stolen in Mumbai.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Isn't tracing stolen car their job? So its unofficial money I guess? Maybe you should ask the Insurance company to pay for this.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:50   #33
BHPian

^^^ There's no way that the insurance company is going to grease palms.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The first hurdle:
The Bangalore Police is asking for a whopping Rs. 50,000 for "money spent in tracing down the car". Did they trace the car down? I don't think so. It was the garage owner who went to the police with news of "a" car lying at his place for 2 months.
If any Team-BHPians can help with this matter, I'll be grateful.

Aditya .

Just walk into the Bangy Commissioner's office on Infantry Road and present your case to him - your vehicle will be out instantly. Do carry all documents to prove ownership etc though.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The first hurdle:
The Bangalore Police is asking for a whopping Rs. 50,000 for "money spent in tracing down the car". Did they trace the car down? I don't think so. It was the garage owner who went to the police with news of "a" car lying at his place for 2 months.
If any Team-BHPians can help with this matter, I'll be grateful.
thats a full truck load of bull crap !

this is nothing but bribe that is being demanded so either contact Vigilance and Anti-corruption dept to catch these guys or start throwing you weight around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Aditya .

Just walk into the Bangy Commissioner's office on Infantry Road and present your case to him - your vehicle will be out instantly. Do carry all documents to prove ownership etc though.
i completely agree with KB100 , the commissioner is a very straight forward guy and will definitely help out the owner.

i would recommend hat the owner also take some legal opinion before hand, and yeah do ensure that the car doesn't , "disappear" from where it is currently.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:52   #36
BANNED

Do you know where the car at present now? and the Garage of which first the car found?

Do contact Bangalore Police Additional commissioner (Crime)
Mr.Alok Kumar
+ 91 9480801010

Please let us know the situation after that
Old 18th September 2009, 11:39   #37
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Sujit, wildon, hellstar and the others who came up with the suggestion to visit the Bangalore Police Commissioner's office, the car is now in the possession of its proper owner, Sandeep. Also a word from a former Bombay Police Commissioner was put in. Legal procedures did take time. Sandeep has been in Bangalore for 4 days now.
The car was left at Advaith Hyundai by the thief (Riyaaz), who is at the moment, cooling his heals in police lock-up.
Just spoke to Vidyut. Thanks Viddy for going and checking on the car. Riyaaz is a 5 Star thief, who had the car totally overhauled (obviously with the intention of selling it). Suspension, scratches, 3M interior and exterior treatment, wheel balancing, alignment, oils, filters... everything had been taken care of by Advaith Hyundai on the advice of Riyaaz. I'll put up a list of all the work done when I have the bill in my hand. It's a big bill - Rs. 20000 plus. Hope the insurance company doesn't shrug off its responsibility and pays for it.
I'll be flying to Bangalore soon to drive the car back. Will keep you posted.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Sujit, wildon, hellstar and the others who came up with the suggestion to visit the Bangalore Police Commissioner's office, the car is now in the possession of its proper owner, Sandeep. Also a word from a former Bombay Police Commissioner was put in. Legal procedures did take time. Sandeep has been in Bangalore for 4 days now.
The car was left at Advaith Hyundai by the thief (Riyaaz), who is at the moment, cooling his heals in police lock-up.
Just spoke to Vidyut. Thanks Viddy for going and checking on the car. Riyaaz is a 5 Star thief, who had the car totally overhauled (obviously with the intention of selling it). Suspension, scratches, 3M interior and exterior treatment, wheel balancing, alignment, oils, filters... everything had been taken care of by Advaith Hyundai on the advice of Riyaaz. I'll put up a list of all the work done when I have the bill in my hand. It's a big bill - Rs. 20000 plus. Hope the insurance company doesn't shrug off its responsibility and pays for it.
I'll be flying to Bangalore soon to drive the car back. Will keep you posted.
Good to know that the car is back with its rightful owner. waiting for the drive back report.

Does the insurance cover for 3m interior and exterior treatment, balancing and alignment. oil filters as well???? and any update on the insurance cover?? since the car was found after 2 months.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

i would say, 20 k well spent, even if the insurance company washes their hands off it.
your friend is very very very lucky to get the car back and that is paramount
Old 18th September 2009, 11:59   #40
Team-BHP Support

Man, thieves like that are difficult to come by.

The car was towed from the police station to Trident Hyundai Domlur branch. We told the SA there to check up everything and let us know what needs to be changed.

Then Addy's cousin told me the whole story. The car's lock was broken into and the car was driven down to Bangalore. Once in Bangalore, the thief left it Advaith Hyundai. The kms run was ~1500 which meant Mum-BLR plus some city roaming.

Advaith was instructed to check everything and get the car into mint condition. This thief had class. Advaith did as instructed and the bill was Rs.20K. After that the car was not collected. Why because the thief didn't have the money. He was going to find a buyer, take an advance, get the car out and deliver it and collect the balance for himself.

The work done on the car at Advaith included the following:

- Engine oil
- Oil filter
- Gear oil
- Air filter
- Engine oil additive
- Gear oil Additive
- 3M interior cleaning
- Engine Decarbonization
- wheel alignment and balancing
- scratches touchup
- lock change

There was a lot more stuff apart from that which amounted to 20K.

Effectively the car was completely overhauled.

The Bangalore police came to know the car whereabouts at Advaith and impounded it. They also nabbed the thief who had given his address and mobile number in the Job card. After that the car was lying at the police yard for 2 months.

Yesterday they got the car out and towed it to Trident Domlur.

Now the question is who will foot the Advaith bill? I think it should be the insurance co.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:02   #41
Team-BHP Support

I am just wondering.
The owner must have obviously spent money on alternate transport since his car was not available.
Does the insurance cover that amount?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

for someone who has recovered a 10 lac rupee car, 40-50k is going to look like small change. I would say, the car be taken custody of, and then all this insurance / legal formalities should be completed.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Just my curiosity, any idea as to what License Plate, the "CHOR had on the car had when it was in Bangy.?
Was local Hyundai in the loop and advised of the theft.?

Last edited by shivshanker : 18th September 2009 at 12:16.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:17   #44
Team-BHP Support

@Frank, the car is already in custody since yesterday night. We were planning on getting the car in drivable condition to Mumbai, which the thief has already done.

The license plate was unchanged and it was running on Mumbai plates.

I doubt local hyundai was aware of it that's why the car was lying with Advaith for such a long time.

Since the manufacturers keep a central database that is actually a good idea to inform the manufacturer to look out for a job card with the registration number.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the car is safe and that too is done up to perfection thanks to the classy thief. Sandy must be relieved guy today. Viddy, is the car with you now? 20k is quite an amount. Well spent but it definately needs to be taken care of by the insurance company. A Thank You also goes out to the Bangalore Police.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks