Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 12:31   #46
Team-BHP Support

Nope Dippy not with me. Sandy and Andy left the car yesterday at Advaith Hyundai. I just went there today morning to see what all work needs to be done and overall car condition.
Old 19th September 2009, 02:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Glad you got the car back!

I don't think insurance will pay for the work done on the car. If I am the owner and if I am required to, I'll gladly pay up. After all the vehicle is back and that too in shipshape condition - money well spent!

Last edited by kb100 : 19th September 2009 at 02:16.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Sujit, wildon, hellstar and the others who came up with the suggestion to visit the Bangalore Police Commissioner's office
I'll be flying to Bangalore soon to drive the car back. Will keep you posted.
well , i have seen this happen in person many times when my dad was in active service, many a times the police station authourities try to get money when something good like this happens. The moment someone senior intervenes these ruffians get back in line , and the seniors are either not interested in small money or are pretty straight forward to get involved in this kind of petty issues. Anyways alls well that ends well !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I doubt local hyundai was aware of it that's why the car was lying with Advaith for such a long time.

Since the manufacturers keep a central database that is actually a good idea to inform the manufacturer to look out for a job card with the registration number.
This check could have found he car much earlier i did suggest this , the moment a job card is created in a Hyundai A.S.S a record isn created which can be pulled up by any other Hyundai A.S.S in India with all details except the contact details of the customer. the unique id being the Engine number / chassis number and the VIN number.

anyways happy that the car has been returned to its owners for good !

Its a new life !

Last edited by hellstar : 19th September 2009 at 11:17.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:14   #49
BANNED

Why can't all the car delaers have the similar setup to make it more difficult for car thieves?
Old 10th February 2012, 08:30   #50
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi stolen from Mumbai. EDIT: Now found in Bangalore!

Didn't want to start a separate thread for this but it seems the Hyundai Verna is quite an easy steal? This dude managed to steal 36 of them.

Article link.
Old 10th February 2012, 22:33   #51
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna CRDi stolen from Mumbai. EDIT: Now found in Bangalore!

Can we fit an Engine Immobilizer into a verna, old gen version. 08-09 model. If so, please do suggest which one is the best. Looking at the thread and good to know that car is in proper condition but still the question remains, how safe are we and no matter what security devices we do have installed on our rides, are they secure enough??

-Sajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks