Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 18:27   #31
Team-BHP Support

Man, the title was the best part of the thread. Atleast replace the old title with verbally and keep the rest.

Ps: I also think that the new title is not correct english. If I have to give a speech to a woman to impress her, I think all hopes lost there itself. lol. Giving a speech is not the way to impress a girl I think. Ofcourse what do I know.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th May 2009 at 18:33.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

I thought you are just supposed to shut up and listen, and create the best impression by not talking! Now we have strategies on speech??
Old 19th May 2009, 18:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Man, the title was the best part of the thread. Atleast replace the old title with verbally and keep the rest.

Ps: I also think that the new title is not correct english. If I have to give a speech to a woman to impress her, I think all hopes lost there itself. lol. Giving a speech is not the way to impress a girl I think. Ofcourse what do I know.
So true on all counts

You know nothing buddy!
Old 19th May 2009, 18:37   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ofcourse what do I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I thought you are just supposed to shut up and listen, and create the best impression by not talking!
so vid sushhhhhhh to you!

Quote:
If I have to give a speech to a woman to impress her, I think all hopes lost there itself.
DONT TELL ME YOU WERE REALLY SERIOUS, what you mentioned above??????!!!!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th May 2009 at 18:40.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

iceman,

I presume the best way would be to learn and master the art of carting the shopping cart and always be ready to rev when needed.

Cheers,
Old 19th May 2009, 18:44   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
master the art of carting the shopping cart and always be ready to rev when needed.
I presume you meant 'spent' instead of 'rev', stop misguiding our poor ice! who is only aware of the ways of automobiles!
Old 19th May 2009, 18:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Hhhhmmm, I always thought women never want us to give solutions to their problems. They just want to vent out and eventually they would have figured out the answer to the problem themselves. All we got to do is to hear them with all intent.

Arindam, at times women do expect you to be really honest with them because it is you who they are trying to please at the end of it all. It does not end up turning out the way you have interpreted, specially the hair cut and the dress scenario . Or maybe I have just been plain lucky.

Siddharth, if someone reads this you are going get a T-RS (not Turbo RS but teeth rattling slap) . But given your talent, I am assuming you are going to convince her with your charm? lol.

Like Jaggu mentioned, women don't like to be told what they should do or should not. Instead hint at them indirectly or leave the choice to them. Most often than not they end up choosing what pleases you.
Arre baba sirji, you bet you have been lucky. I am speaking from first hand experience here, though I do admit it is not fair to generalise. but like I said, it has worked in my case more than once. So y not? And being honest ...yes of course, it doesnt have to be that the dress/haircut is not good na?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th May 2009 at 18:55.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I presume you meant 'spent' instead of 'rev', stop misguiding our poor ice! who is only aware of the ways of automobiles!
To make things clear lets see this from the automobile prospective,ould you want a 100 bhp ride or a 300 bhp ride.
I guess the same applies to the likes of woman. They would definitely be impressed with a higher cubic capacilty with rlation to the number of hours spent on shopping and the capacity of etwhe plastic card.e
Old 19th May 2009, 19:01   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Arre baba sirji, you bet you have been lucky. I am speaking from first hand experience here, though I do admit it is not fair to generalise. but like I said, it has worked in my case more than once. So y not? And being honest ...yes of course, it doesnt have to be that the dress/haircut is not good na?
. I know what you mean. I too used to do the same. But with time as we got to know each other better, it was somehow evident I wasn't quite amused with certain choices, though I tried my best not to show it. Later on, I was told to be honest as all these efforts go into making me happy. So she would not like it if I faked a smile or gave a compliment I really didn't mean. Sounds fair enough doesn't it?
Old 19th May 2009, 19:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I know what you mean. I too used to do the same. But with time as we got to know each other better, it was somehow evident I wasn't quite amused with certain choices, though I tried my best not to show it. Later on, I was told to be honest as all these efforts go into making me happy. So she would not like it if I faked a smile or gave a compliment I really didn't mean. Sounds fair enough doesn't it?
Yes absolutely...fair enough. Since you were told to be honest, do as youre told else Assumption being that once you are honest, there is a probability of you turning out to be insensitive, not appreciative.encouraging enough and so on. If uve managed to rout that cycle, then respect.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:25   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
ALWAYS go shopping with her!
I agree. Even if she is going out with her gf's offer to drop them off or jsut tell them you could join them if you want. She will really appreciate it, but relieve you of all duties and let you go.

Quote:
That way you're the Alpha male, and all the women around will hear about how perfect you are...
A lot of women love hearing from their others friends how lucky she is. This in turn only makes her love you more.

Quote:
Remember going out to Baskin Robbins is OK, but a dinner at a good 5 star once in a while really shows her you care.
Specially when you order a bottle of champagne to show her that you haven't forgotten an important date. Women hate it, when men don't remember important dates.

Quote:
Lingerie shopping is always fun...
A little embarrasing in front of the store ladies, but yes fun nonetheless...

Quote:
When breaking the touch barrier always start with the shoulder or upper arm, Indian girls seem to prefer that to other parts of their anatomy
Now we are getting into a whole different ball game all together. Before others come and request this thread to be closed for its adult content I think we need to stick to the title of the thread. Amit says clearly "with speech" .
Old 19th May 2009, 19:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
A lot of women love hearing from their others friends how lucky she is. This in turn only makes her love you more.

Specially when you order a bottle of champagne to show her that you haven't forgotten an important date. Women hate it, when men don't remember important dates.

A little embarrassing in front of the store ladies, but yes fun nonetheless...

Now we are getting into a whole different ball game all together. Before others come and request this thread to be closed for its adult content I think we need to stick to the title of the thread. Amit says clearly "with speech" .
1) Absolutely, your woman will come back to you all charged and with a gleam in her eyes.

2) Thank god for the well integrated calenders in phones these days. Also make sure to appoint her best friend as your secretary for remembering these important dates they're more than happy to help out! By the by, if your relationship is new a 2 weeks or 1 month into the relationship is considered a bloody anniversary! Please I beg you don't forget this!

3) Not really, you can actually strike up really interesting conversations with people in the store while your significant other is busy, but alas that should be reserved for the adult section of TBhp...

4) Haha, but not really, if you think about it breaking the touch barrier has got a lot to do with your vocal skills. When you need to say something important to her, you break the touch barrier in an intimate way and speak softly, so they compliment each other there...No harm done

Lastly bond well with her BFFs that way when she's pissed, you get the low down even before you meet her and your always prepared. I find that an apology with some of her favorite flowers works best, but have seen that perfume does wonders too...(Flowers are obviously cheaper)

Last edited by DocG : 19th May 2009 at 19:41.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:45   #43
BHPian

There are too many permutations and combination, including situation, age, location, surrounding, etc to give a straight answer.

In general, assuming you are speaking for the first or second time:
1. Really talk to her. Women can read emotions/gestures better then men. She would be able to make out if you are just talking nonsense or are really interested in talking to her. When you talk she would be hearing with more than her ears. If your behavior/posture does not match the sincerity of the words, then she would mark you off. Wandering eyes is a strict no-no.
2. Women love attention. When you are with her, ignore the fact that she has a hot friend, or a hot sister! Offer some neutral compliments in 2-3 sentences max. Ideal is to offer a sincere compliment in one sentence and leave it at that. Do not keep gushing on and on about her looks. It can be very creepy for the lady and worse for you if she carries pepper spray! And do not every make the cardinal sin of comparing her to any known acquaintance! Even if you are trying to tell she is better, the lady would always read the comparison in a wrong way! (and out comes the pepper spray again!)
3. Talk sense. Always have some small talk topics ready. Look around you, there are so much topics to talk about. Refrain from totally male-topics like cars, bikes, etc, instead chose neutral topics like weather (old but gold conversation starter if used properly), movies, studies/work (depending on the lady concerned). But do not pry. Remember the idea is have a conversation, not flood her with your life/family history or interrogate her about hers!
4. Don't be afraid, have fun. Most ladies love to talk to guys as long as they enjoy the conversation and the company. if they sense any hesitation or uncomfortableness from the guy's side, they feel the same too.
5. Lastly, have a goal. Know why you want to talk to her and know what you want out of the conversation. Most people have the initial conversation just to interact and make the other person aware that he exists. If you want to meet her again, steer the conversation with this goal in mind. Of cause this does not mean that you make a check list and whip out the list and start ticking off the conversation items in front of her! Have a general plan of action and go with the flow. Never memorize, you would most likely forget what you planned to say and would come out looking like a mentally challenged person (I er..er..um..er..ah). This may also get you the pepper spray award!

These are just a few observation I have to offer. Remember this is only for the first or second meeting. For the next few meetings, the situation changes totally and so will the conversations.

Remember other guys would most probable have tried to convince her that they are the greatest. You need to show what is unique/special about you.

Last edited by DriverR : 19th May 2009 at 19:47.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:49   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
By the by, if your relationship is new a 2 weeks or 1 month into the relationship is considered a bloody anniversary! Please I beg you don't forget this!
The famous line from Hum Tum comes to mind. Yup, you are right. Always remember the day you met. 1st month anniversary, 6th month, 1 yr and so on. We used to celebrate the 11th of every month (because thats the day I asked her out and she said yes). This went on for 2.5yrs and I never forgot the day even once. I would cook her favourite dishes myself and visit her with some pastries to celebrate the day. Needless to say, even if you have fought and not spoken for a couple of days all anger is forgotten on this day.

Quote:
4) Haha, but not really, if you think about it breaking the touch barrier has got a lot to do with your vocal skills. When you need to say something important to her, you break the touch barrier in an intimate way and speak softly, so they compliment each other there...No harm done
I totally get it. Infact, just whisper a few sweet little naughty stuff into her ear and watch the effect . But like I said, all this is for another forum.

Quote:
I find that an apology with some of her favorite flowers works best, but have seen that perfume does wonders too...(Flowers are obviously cheaper)
Flowers always do the trick.

But the most important thing is for you to notice when she is upset and not wait till she comes to you. You got to realize when she is hurt, upset just by looking at her in a spec. If you manage to do this, it helps a lot.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:09   #45
BHPian

since the title of this thread has been edited , my post(#22) is of no relevance , but anyway , i think its still inline with what the thread starter (iceman91) intended to discuss.

so here goes:

1. apologise "sincerely" for not being able to make it .

2. while lying you could hold her hand or place your hand on her thigh just to give it a sense of reassurance.

3. in order to get her attention off the cock and bull story that you are givin her , you could distract her by saying her eyeliner/kajal is smudged, so she will be lookin at the mirror and you can finish up your story.

4. promise her that the next outing/meeting will be soo much better than the one you are intending to squirm your way out of.

5. after you have managed to lie and cancel your dinner date , dont forget to send her a "sweet" text message ( the same day/time you were supposed to be with her.)telling her how much you miss being with her / rather be with her.

disclaimer: not my personal views. got all this on google.

Last edited by siddartha : 19th May 2009 at 20:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed